• As the server comes to a close and the weight of the situation starts to hit, I can't help but get emotional about the memories I've had on this place over the years and the fact that things are about to close. The wiki will continue to be worked on, but it won't be the same. Kind of sad, but at least we didn't shut down because of any outside influence by Mojang or Microsoft.

I've decided to make a large list of people I remember and remarks. This list isn't in any particular order.

• markbyron: The very founder of TotalFreedom. You were an inspiration for many and set the foundation for a great community. It's unfortunate that things went sour for you, because you had a "touch" as an owner that very few could even begin to replicate.
    • HummerH1888: An ancient operator with a name long forgotten to the sands of time in Total Freedom, but of course I remembered him. You were considerably impactful during my early days on this server, and I hope all is going well for you.
    • cyro1999: Oh man, the memories we have together. Even though we used to hate each other back when we were younger, I'm grateful that we still keep in touch from time to time.
    • scripthead: I'm genuinely surprised you held out for as long as you did with the pressure you were put under at the time. Your ownership was the most chaotic, and yet at the same it was the most productive. For the most part, development was swift and efficient. It's just a shame that things turned out the way they did.
    • img: I'm sorry that I couldn't do better. You didn't deserve the treatment you were given by the wider community and were insanely generous in the exchanges you had with me. Stay courteous. I wish we could keep in touch, but I know you're not interested in that.
    • @DarkLynx108: The former Executive Creative Designer himself. A master archivist with a collection of old data that rivals even my own collection. Your channel is like a personal archive of the server and the events going on there. Thank you for keeping those old videos up.
    • Kash: My mentor during my early years of TotalFreedom. You were level-headed and honestly a great friend. I hope that whatever you're doing now, you're doing well at it.
    • lyicx: I jokingly give you shit all the time but I don't mean it. You're a great friend and I genuinely hope you take care of yourself. I know that what happened between you and Ren is a sore spot, and frankly you shouldn't blame yourself for what happened. This server would have not be the same without you, and you changed it for the better in my opinion.
    • Alco_Rs11: My right hand man and a great friend. I enjoyed the trips to New York we took together with Lynx and all the various conversations we've all had together. I hope the next time we see each other, we play Monopoly again. That shit was fun.
    • polarisseltzeris: A pioneer of TotalFreedom and its humor. I appreciate the advice and other bits of historical information you've given over the years. Whether people agree or not, I personally think you were a beacon of hope during the Seth era as it became progressively more corrupt and more of a shitshow.
    • Miwojedk: The shitposting you did on the forums was legendary and you were one of the pioneers of TotalFreedom. Nothing but respect for you, and I hope parenting is going well.
    • Anti95: owo - No but seriously, you helped motivate me to improve myself as a person to be the person I am today. Thank you.
    • marcocorriero: In a lot of ways, you were ahead of your time. You introduced the concept of using external mods to administrate (even if it went a bit far sometimes) and even some administrative tools that we took for granted today. I just hope that your VR adventures are much more entertaining than having to fend off DDOS attacks every time you join a server.
    • savnith: We go way back, and I'm still regretting how I treated you so many years ago.
    • wild1145: The fact you had the patience to keep this server and community going for 3 years (longer than both Seth and Windows's times as owner) despite all the shit you were given is incredible. While I didn't really agree with making this place a network, I understand that you really wanted this place to grow and expand. I appreciate the work you put into this server, even if you weren't perfect. Thank you. Tory bastard.
    • Luke: I respect you on levels I can't even begin to describe. You didn't take the shit people (even I myself) gave you and spoke your mind, even if it wasn't a popular opinion.
    • Deauthorized: You were a great staff member all around. Great judgement, very patient, and also very caring of others. I can't even begin to explain how good of a pick you were. You also kept the VCs light-hearted with your truly awful but still funny dad jokes. Thank you.
    • ClayCoconut: I am so fucking proud of you. I still remember how unstable you were back then, and the fact you've grown so much over the years is incredible. I love the art that you do even if it's incredibly cursed.
    • erin: I couldn't have picked a better Executive Admin Officer. I worry about how you're taking this whole situation, because you've previously mentioned in the past some stuff that happened to you.
    • Feueristic: I always appreciated your commentary on various topics and the advice you gave. With the way things are going in world politics, I just hope you stay safe.
    • riawo: bnuy hater
    • Paldiu: I don't think I'll ever forget the time I saw you roll a fucking joint in the VC while you were developing. Absolutely insane.
    • qrtrx4 (twoeighths): It was always cool to see what Doom-related project you were working on. I can't wait to give your project a try once you finish it. Your MIDI music is pretty solid too. I definitely will want to keep in touch with you.
    • Telesphoreo: We work very well when we do things. Whether it be running a whole ass wiki or even just updating server plugins, it doesn't take very long for shit to get done. I honestly wish you were still our lead developer back in 2020, and I still regret what I had a hand in back then. Perhaps we wouldn't have been in this mess.
    • hhhzzzsss: I've always thought EpsilonBot was a really fucking cool project you made. All of the various insane builds that you programmatically generated is not only impressive but also kind of scary. Your bot was also a great foundation to work off of.
    • MarioKartWii: I always found your kits kind of fascinating. Crazy gradients, insane amounts of polish, and more. Truly neat stuff.. I'm glad that I was able to help guide you when you were shy about telling snowfwake how you felt, even if things were a bit rushed.
    • Snowfwake: I wish I could have talked to you more. You seem like a really caring individual. Take care of MarioKartWii.
    • UnderTails: I still remember when you did your Oblivion guard impression in the VC. I'm glad you went from wasting your life away to turning into a full-blown gigachad who enjoys the outdoors. The Imperium is still one of your best contributions to the server.
    • Kadalyst: Your dedication to archiving kits is admirable as an archivist myself. I'm glad you enjoyed reading some of the lengthy lore-related forum threads that I would make.
    • vj13573/UYScutix/Poppy44: I hope that you were able to get the help that you clearly needed. You were unhinged and insane. You shouldn't have gone as far as you did, but at the same time I can't really fault you because you definitely had some problems.
    • Mosley: To be honest, I always thought you were a dick. You never took responsibility for your actions and often tried to dance around trying to seem like the morally superior person with your thesaurus, semantic arguments, and up-your-ass attitude about being a better person. You're not. Worse yet, you are insanely obsessed with Ryan. I've never seen someone so obsessed with him that they'd go out of their way to make a wiki and forum dedicated to him, and the fact that you did so indicates that you must have some serious problems and are insecure about his success. Move on already.
    • StevenNL2000: Words cannot describe how grateful I am that you kept paying for the Freedom server even though you could have totally cut us off. We joke about you being our lord and savior and all that, but I respect the fact that you still have faith in this place. You have a lot of integrity as a person and your actions reflect that.
    • FrutiKitty: I know you're insanely attached to this server and I genuinely hope that you're taking the events of this week well, because your health is more important than this server.
    • Akuos: I really loved the intricate patterns you'd build with glass and ice. That shit was so cool to see. Is it pronounced Ak-oo-ohs or Ak-oose?
    • Tizz: I enjoyed all the various discussions we had about computers and IT politics and the like and hope we can continue doing so.
    • NotPetya: Even though we don't agree on a lot of things politically, I don't actually hate you as a person that much. With the turbulent political landscape in the UK, I just hope you stay safe.
    • gamingto12: I hope you stay safe while dealing with the likes of F_x.
    • feel: You went through one of the best redemption arcs in recent times. You had like 40 entries in the punishment log, and yet you managed to tone it down and more. Congratulations on the graduation once again.
    • Prozza and Madgeek1450: Thank you for contributing as much as you two have to what ended up becoming TotalFreedom's foundation. This place quite literally would have never been the same without you.
    • root: It's been wild knowing you for as long as I have. If I ever need any server or sysadmin advice, I'll know exactly who I need to talk to. How big is that Guild Wars 2 folder now? 2 TB?
    • quack95: I hope Vesperia continues to exist outside the capacity of TotalFreedom.
    • bowie: A silver lining is that even though TF is closing, so should Nathaniel's creepy obsession with you. I'm also glad you spoke up about certain other cases so that we could handle them as well.
    • Allink: Gay sex.
    • justin0526: I honestly really enjoyed talking with you about designs of swords and guns and shit.
    • Rex: I'm glad I was able to mend things with you even after I got you banned all those years ago. You're a good lad and I hope you go far in life. Just don't go near any kids.
    • ayunami2000: Despite how annoyed I get with you sometimes, I do somewhat like seeing the shenanigans you pull off, even if it's incredibly fucking stupid lmao
    • Panther: You're the one who got me into Minecraft exploits, which eventually snowballed into some of the biggest exploits in the history of this server. Thank you for that.
    • enchy: I'm glad that you essentially made the Imperium a museum instead of keeping it alive until it became insuffrable.
    • Reperak: I finally switched to Linux full-time. How do you get rid of that fucking middle click paste functionality?
    • JagWire: I'm glad that we got to seek closure on TF.
    • RedEastWood: It was honestly funny to raid the Skyblock server. I'm not sure if I would have done it again though.
    • eva: No matter what you say, you're still a nerd to me.
    • Mafrans: It's kind of crazy how long it's been since you started developing for TF. I'll make sure to document your contributions in the server's history.
    • fionn: Where's the fucking lucky charms you promised me?
    • Yurni: I think your login message aged like a fine wine (unless I'm mistaking you for someone else). You're still a nerd, though.
    • Telephone: It was honestly a blast to talk with you over the years about various topics. I hope that you've been enjoying the media center you've built up with your PS2.
    • DragonSlayer2189: I'm kind of impressed how much of a collection of musical instruments you've built up. Do you have a Bandcamp or something I could pick up your tracks on just for memoriability's sake?
    • Hockeyfan360: I don't think I'll ever forget the countless Skype prank calls we've had. I don't even know if we could do that shit again, but I would love to just for old time's sake.
    • Indica: We genuinely need to scambait again. I still vividly remember staying up for hours on end calling up tech support scammers with our booby trapped VM with a fake antivirus called Markbyron's PC Fixer. Those were the fucking days, man.
    • jaylawl: Thank you for running Jaygolf. I wish we had the chance to do an official event, but at least we had a lot of fun when we still did.
    • Fleek: I spent a lot of time cleaning up TFM with you, I just wish we could have done more to clean it.

There's probably a lot more, but that's just from my memory tonight alone. If I remember anyone else, I'll be sure to edit the thread.

image.png

• wow not even me!! /j

i didnt get to be as active as i wanted to be sadly before it closed,
    I will say through, the times I have talked with you, even tho it wasn't a lot, you do seem like a great guy.

sponiginebbobie

• gamingto12: I hope you stay safe while dealing with the likes of F_x.

I've done better with distancing myself from him and his servers.
    I now own my own set of servers and have done pretty well in doing so, I may not get a lot of players everyday, but hey, a few people every so often doesn't hurt.

I hope you never have to come across that son of a bitch again, and I do wish you the bets of luck in whatever you choose to do in the future.

It's been one hell of a ride.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• As much as I complained about TF and the way it was run over the years, you were always that one constant positive contributor to the server that I really never thought did much wrong at all. Even when you did something that wound up getting you in trouble, most of the entire community, or at least the part of the community that was in the right was on your side to support you when you came back. You weren't even lacking in what you didn't do - you really did give the place all you had, and if you couldn't, your hands were tied by the administration/ownership or by the rest of your life. I saw what went on in the executive chat, and you should have been given more influence in terms of the large scale decisions that made or broke player interest and server stability.

One thing I always respected about you was that you weren't afraid to speak your mind, even if it meant you were going to be under scrutiny from the rest of the community. No offense to anyone specifically, but it's honestly not difficult to gain favor in this community. All it takes is making some friends and saying the things people want to hear. What isn't so easy is making decisions and declaring opinions that you really believe in, even when they don't align with the popular opinion. You always challenged yourself to take that harder path. It takes that type of person to overcome things like power-hoarding social blocs and manipulative people and their actions.

You always stuck to this server no matter what, even if the community treated you like shit. The community owes you pretty much everything in that regard. Sometimes I wonder what could have been if you had agreed to help run the network Pramire and I were working on. When the network's playerbase was in contention with TF's in 2020 and it was seeing rapid growth, the execs agreed your efforts were most of what allowed TF to hang on to its community in the end.

You are also the only person I know who understands the bugs and exploits in the game to such a degree. It was fun finding them with you and seeing the various ways in which the game could be broken wide open.

• Video: Thanks for the kind words man, I'll be sure to keep in touch. The media centre's going great, I didnt end up using SMB with SMS but I figured a better way than directly running radhostclient on my PC.

Everyone else:

I know I've been the resident nuisance here for the past 6 years, but this place saw me through my mid teens to present day early 20s on and off working me, times of hell (humour even if only I can laugh is a great cure for that, trust me you guys have been the subject of it countless times) and all sorts of other crazy times. This place inspired me to start my first Minecraft server 6 years ago off my crappy old Dell Inspiron 530. I know mattlawn might remember it but I don't know if anyone else ever joined TelephonePvP. Heck if it wasn't for that particular experience I might not have ended up spinning my current private server up for me and my girlfriend and any irl friends I have. I've tried to be an inspiration to some too, in between being a bit of a cunt, so I hope I left a good impression on those who I have been a good inspiration to. Maybe someday TF will come back in some form or another, but who knows. Things weren't the same throughout TF and it was a rapidly changing community, and it got to the point where some douche probably got bored, they had nothing better to do with their time so decided to destroy a server that's been around as long as it took an entire generation of people to grow up. If I had a PC back in 2010, and Minecraft, 8 year old me would've definitely joined. Anyway I'm gonna shut up now before I keep rambling, keep in touch if you liked me, my discord is xriqn. Goodnight and God bless TF.

• It's been a pleasure knowing you for 8 years and I know we'll be fucking around more even after TF is mostly gone from our memories. You can't forget such a community. It's just impossible. I hope that the rest of the community will keep in touch.

You know where you can find me.

DarkLynx108 (You can add me on Steam or on Discord if you wanna keep in touch lol)

• NGL when you finally got the role of being an owner and executive I was like "ABOUT FUCKING TIME", then again I wouldn't wish that kind of hell on anyone, not even Lyicx... wait-

According to quantum mechanics, unless something is observed, there is an equal chance of it both being and not being there. Hence it is said to be in superposition, until observed. However we are somehow fully certain, despite never having directly observed, that you indeed have no bitches. Your bitchlessness has broken the rules quantum mechanics had established. Indeed an impressive feat.