Posts by volleo6144

I suppose it was going to have to end at some point; I was just hoping it'd end more quietly than this.

I've been here since 2014 or 2015, so not the beginning, but fairly close. I had achieved the admin rank in 2016; I'm not sure how I did that that early, but I'll take it. I remember so many things from around that time. (I'm a little sad I never got to be a Senior, though.)

This was a beautiful community; it's unfortunate that I wasn't sure if I could find the time for it after going to college last year. I've definitely never felt like I was really a part of another community—not even the Celeste community, and I'm probably top 1000 in that game.

Because it's been a year since I've really done anything here (because college), I don't have too many specific shoutouts—there's really only videogamesm12 for... everything he did and quack95 for helping start Labs Inc. when I returned in late 2020 and started building things near 6144,6144. However, if you were here prior to August of 2022, there's a decent chance I remember you as well.

I'll miss all of you. If anyone decides they want to try to reconnect after this, I've taken "meta04" on most platforms (YouTube, Cohost, Discord), u/volleo6144 on Reddit (though I haven't touched it since the API thing), and "TheLoneClimber" on Twitter (until that falls apart). May we meet again.

It was a wonderful community while it lasted, and even if I haven't been here in a year, I'll miss it. I'll miss all of you. Never have I truly felt like a part of another community—not even the Celeste community now that I have over 850 hours on Celeste and am probably only a month or two away from clearing the Strawberry Jam GMHS.

May we meet again.

—meta04, known as volleo6144 when I was an admin.

Luke 90% seems about right for the traditional role of senior admin—something for which we don't want a truly conflicted vote to result in approval, but 100% would just lead to people objecting just to spoil the result. Maybe changing it to "all but three" or something...

Removing the strict prerequisite of a recommendation, though, would certainly make it easier in a way I could actually get behind. (No, this is totally not me subtly hinting at the fact I can't get myself to ask anyone for a recommendation...)

It truly has been a fun time with you—my forgiving nature certainly made me want to support you during your admin application too, but I'm also just... too quiet, so I couldn't get myself to really do much on that front.

You'll be missed; I hope you come back someday, but don't feel pressured to come back too soon.

volleo6144

being the clueless person I was when I was like 10, I took embarrassingly long to find FOP, and then somewhere along that line, I found out about TF as the more... original one, and stuck with it (to the point I didn't even know FOP ever went down) ^(^(^(^(^(^(also somehow I became SA at 12; I don't like to think about it or about 12-year-old me in general))))))

With Apple having developed a reputation for not including bloatware on iOS (for the last few years you've even been able to delete most stock apps!) like so many other companies do (looking at Facebook in particular), and because I've always had the money for it, I've always had an iPhone instead of a Samsung/Xiaomi/Huawei/etc. phone.

Since the iPhone also has more integration with macOS than with Windows, and because Windows has as many third-party apps on the Start menu by default as it does (while macOS barely has any and Apple in general has a huge focus on privacy), I don't really care about Windows either as of 2019: I quit Windows and never looked back. Not even to get the last 72.6 hours on Portal 2, which will probably only happen when Portal: Companion Collection comes out.

The M1 can run Minecraft with all the highest graphics settings while only dipping below 60fps when there's more stuff than normal on the screen and only below 20fps when someone's deliberately trying to lag everyone. Computing power isn't a singleton suit for newer MacBooks.

TL;DR iPhone + MacBook + Watch. Haven't cared about Windows for 2 years, even sacrificing one of my top 3 games of all time for it.