Posts by Telephone

Vouch, however,

I would highly suggest starting it off as a totally new server config, rebuild the plugin list as close to what it was as possible and replacing any dated or potentially exploited plugins with updated counterparts or migratable replacements, rebuild permissions and start off with a new world. Import as many of the old schems as possible. Regarding infrastructure, a secured hypervisor, network infrastructure and virtual environment for the server to run in would need to be planned and built from the ground up.

Reasons

- As Ryan has previously mentioned, the world for freedom-01 alone is >= 900GB, this would be a ridiculously large file to move across to a new host without paying a premium for a host with a connection good enough to transfer a file of that size quickly.

- Unfortunately, literal children have targeted and exploited the current server configuration and plugin list. Extensive measures must be taken to ensure the security and continuity of freedom-01, and a complete rebuild of key aspects of the server would be necessary. This would take time and effort, but volunteers could make it possible. I'd help out where possible if anyone wanted my help.

- A rebuild of certain key aspects of the server would allow tighter measures to be put in place from the get go and allow new practices of patch management/feature implementation to be smoother and less clunky than working with an aged, potentially vulnerable server and host configuration. Measures could include failovers for disaster (could be *trusted* volunteer driven if the infrastructure could be sourced and provisions put in place for failovers to be created).

- Post-rebuild, any significant historic data that has been saved as NBT or schematics, could be migrated across to the new, improved server.

Footnote: NO I do not want to be the owner, but that's my two cents on what should happen in that scenario, I'd back it and I'd be happy to advise anyone who took on the owner's task on any questions they may have about the suggestions I've added onto my vouch.

If you have been banned from the Total Freedom discord server you, please copy the template below and answer the questions to the best of your abilities.

1. Your discord tag: xriqn (formerly Roger#0821)
    2. If known, who banned you? (this can be checked): Not a clue
    3. If known, do you know when you were approximately banned? Can't remember
    4. Why do you think you were banned? (this can also be checked): Probably being a troll or bypassing a mute or something daft like that.
    5. Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. If your reason remains unknown, you may skip this question

Well, the server's gone so this might seem pointless, but I guess it makes it easier for anyone who wants to stay in touch and the community surely will still be present in the discord. I wouldn't do whatever I did again, and those words there are sincere, I'll actually try to be a decent person for the sake of the community. I don't really know what else to say here so staff and community, and whoever else still has some extent of power to vote, do your voting and decide whether I'm worthy to be unbanned.

Video: Thanks for the kind words man, I'll be sure to keep in touch. The media centre's going great, I didnt end up using SMB with SMS but I figured a better way than directly running radhostclient on my PC.

Everyone else:

I know I've been the resident nuisance here for the past 6 years, but this place saw me through my mid teens to present day early 20s on and off working me, times of hell (humour even if only I can laugh is a great cure for that, trust me you guys have been the subject of it countless times) and all sorts of other crazy times. This place inspired me to start my first Minecraft server 6 years ago off my crappy old Dell Inspiron 530. I know mattlawn might remember it but I don't know if anyone else ever joined TelephonePvP. Heck if it wasn't for that particular experience I might not have ended up spinning my current private server up for me and my girlfriend and any irl friends I have. I've tried to be an inspiration to some too, in between being a bit of a cunt, so I hope I left a good impression on those who I have been a good inspiration to. Maybe someday TF will come back in some form or another, but who knows. Things weren't the same throughout TF and it was a rapidly changing community, and it got to the point where some douche probably got bored, they had nothing better to do with their time so decided to destroy a server that's been around as long as it took an entire generation of people to grow up. If I had a PC back in 2010, and Minecraft, 8 year old me would've definitely joined. Anyway I'm gonna shut up now before I keep rambling, keep in touch if you liked me, my discord is xriqn. Goodnight and God bless TF.

The question I have is, how is stealing/copying an item in a block game an act of disrespect, or any way to advertise, promote hate or otherwise try to harm the overall community? It's a virtual item on a free OP server where people do have access to your inventory, and the theft/copying of said virtual item hurts nobody. Most of the past items that we have on TF are still around because people "stole" those items, and you can't deny it considering most of the items that are around are made by players that are no longer active here in the community.

Yeah you read that right a bomb strapped on a vr headset that once you die in game you die in real life?

https://gamerant.com/vr-headset-kil…ord-art-online/

Yeah that is fun lets play a game that if i die i die in real life concider playing gd-bloodbath with this lol

It's sort of a bomb, sort of not. From what I've read on other sources, it basically sends some kind of charge to your brain which causes the brain to explode, it's not like the set literally explodes. Bit fucked up, but if someone wants to make that then that's their choice. Just don't moan when loads of braindead idiots decide to game til they die, literally. It's currently an art piece anyway due to the high risk that surrounds a prototype like that. Also, just to be clear, Mr Luckey does deal with defence tech these days so there's every chance that if it *does* explode (as suggested in your article), it'd be some kind of military equipment so that a dead soldier isn't just a sitting duck, they can still cause some damage because there was a mini explosion to destroy their brain, which will still have some kind of radius surrounding that will be dangerous.

I'm still dumb. Seriously though, the education system is a failure. All they do is teach you about useless stuff that you aren't even going to use, and because you aren't even going to use the stuff you "learned" you just end up forgetting about it.

Schools should just be removed entirely. Why? Because for almost the entirety of human history there were no such thing as school, and yet despite that we still survived. However, very recently at some point, it was decided that people must go to school. There is no basis for doing so, it was just arbitrary decided.

Schools suck.

You write this post knowing for well that school taught you how to write, read, count and it also most likely taught you how to type and use computers in the first place. Yes, the education system does certainly have its faults but if it were removed entirely as said in posts above the literacy rate would nosedive and so would the average IQ, which obviously isn't very good for a country in the Information Age...

Please stop blaming your sub-par intelligence on the education system. Not paying attention in school isn't the school's fault, it's yours.

I don't see anyone blaming their stupidity on the education system here, what I see is someone analysing what they're actually being taught (read on the post where he expands on his statement). A bunch of what I learned at school has been absolutely useless for me afterward, even in the world of work. I think a modified version of the UK education system would be good though.

Primary school, 4 - 11 years old, remains same as it always has been. Then the key years (high school, 11 - 18) should be based on getting yourself ready for the industry you're wanting to go into, not a generalised education of everything. Currently, that's left too late since it's in your last couple years of school (and any further education you do, thus delaying your full entry into the industry) which doesn't give you much time to prepare.

So many people still leave school without knowing how to get by at work properly, or end up entering the world of work late and whilst they might have been great academically, they're having to completely relearn what they knew because they're in a real world situation and not a classroom where everything's theoretical. I'm one of those people, in the past year I've had to get to grips with the industry with no prior exposure to the industry what so ever, at a later stage than should've been. I don't blame it entirely on education, but if I'dve just been allowed to go out and work the trade I wanted to be in from 16 rather than *have* to go to college or 6th form, I'dve been in a much better position than I am now at only a couple of months off of being 21. But no, the system demanded I had to be educated (plot twist, I'm *technically* still in education but I spend most of my time working because of the nature of said education). Of course, in the later years of education I could've got a job at pizza hut or whatever, but I didn't want that. My focus has always been entirely on IT since I was about 11. And I'm sure all over the place, there's a bunch of young people out there like myself with more of a working nature that'd massively appreciate a reform where work is favoured over education once you've had a basic enough education generally and surrounding what you're wanting to do.

Just as an update, I've identified the individual who I believe has caused this, and further investigation is ongoing in that regard.

I have also now been able to work through all of the changes that were made to the Bungee itself and think I've repaired any damage that was caused. I'm currently working through updating plugins and the bungee itself before that comes back online.

The Minecraft servers themselves are going to require a bit more work as some were seriously damaged as a result of this incident, I'm hoping to get some basic functionality up and running later today.

well who tf was it

It was obviously Scutix. /s

@'r00t' Let me be real with you here dude: I have 4 Minecraft accounts. I'm pissed that I have to migrate them all again. But you know what? I'll do it anyway, it's not that hard. Stop making a fuss out of something so small, it's not something that's explicitly stopping you do the things you do day to day.

RedEastWood if you need more than 81 slots for custom items (vanilla limit), then clearly you're a hoarder and should probably either use a plot based vault or just bite the bullet and install a hotbar mod, it's not that much effort to put in to have a ridiculous amount of items saved, rather than the already large enough for normies 81 item limit.