Posts by taah

luke, where do i begin

you have been probably my greatest friend on this server, you have been there for me so many times i have lost track. thank you so much for absolutely everything, for always being so genuine and honest, and for being my friend. however, much like totalfreedom, our friendship has come to an end... because i have feelings for you too

all those silly little jokes we made all this time, i have meant every single word. im tired of pretending, i am deeply in love with you luke. every time you would manage the discord it would give me butterflies because of how cool you are. you are such an amazing person and i am so grateful for you, and i cannot believe that you share these feelings..

how cute (can someone ban these people)

Yes but at the same time we would not want someone like Savnith or Scutix to become a developer on the server I would assume? Or Wilee once again? (If someone is to say yes to these dear god...) Just because we are not screening for trustworthiness does not mean that people don't develop a sense of a developer being trustworthy during the duration of their title, especially those who work(ed) directly with them. Of course I am biased because myself and the other developers, including Paldiu, have worked directly with Allink himself for months and have spoken with him and learned to trust him as a person.

EDIT: I understand your last point about the risk but the issue is there is no possible way to determine the risk that is possible for any individual as an admin unless they have PREVIOUSLY shown it. We are not exactly fortune tellers and Allink hasn't shown any signs whether he would to impose a threat and break rules and go rogue as an administrator. My point is that we can't hold people back because of their friendships with others because we haven't done that in the past and it is unfair.

Technically speaking there is nothing stopping any of those people becoming developers, they may not get access to the dev server or similar but it's besides the point.

And on risk, I'm referring to our risk appetite. How much risk are we as a server willing to take, historically it's been nearly 0 when it comes to admins and therefore we have been very picky about peoples histories / potential, but if we're willing to accept more risk with the mitigation that we're happier to remove the bad eggs much quicker then it balances it out if that makes sense.

I'll also say on your last point, we can 100% do that, we're a minecraft server and we care about our own interests only, right now we aren't accepting of great risk, so if we see a risk with someone's associations past or present, we are entirely within our rights to refuse to grant additional accesses.

Regarding the risk portion of all of this since it is what everyone is scared of, I only say it is unfair because there is no evidence or signs that have shown any association with Allink or another group, no evidence or sign that has shown Allink doing malicious intents with another group, and I understand you all 100% can hold back people because of their friendships, it does not mean we should. Do we even know of the associations or friendships everyone is scared about? Is everyone just believing what Video says even though there is no evidence to my knowledge or confirmation showing that Allink is associated with such people? And even if he is, what if he's friends with them outside of TotalFreedom's community and its matters? Once again, I do not think it is fair to judge based off accusations because as a person who was accused of many things, from a weepcraft post containing insults of administrators posted by a person who supposedly would unban players, and to being a savnith insider, all proven wrong meaning the senior administrators who provided information and went against me being retarded and wrong, I am biased.

I want to nip the whole "Developer = Trusted" argument in the bud, no it doesn't. Our model fundamentally changed to move away from trusted parties because it's not really needed. There is a minimal amount of damage a developer can do with dev server access. Likewise we aren't screening people for access to the nuclear launch codes, the reason we've historically been more fussy is because removing someone has causes community backlash 99% of the time. If we're going to accept more risk with admins there has to be an understanding that they may get removed quicker than when we take less risk.

i could provide evidence but i probably won’t unless Luke puts a gun to my head. we shouldn’t be forcing people to present actual evidence, much less people who are/have been admin (img). i don’t understand why this one particular application is being treated as such an exception, maybe i’m missing something.

I think it's because we're starting to move in a different direction for applications, and more aligned both to how hub mods applications work and how I've wanted applications to be moving for a while, to no vouch / objects and a data based discussion with evidence to back up your stance. This application does not need to be held to such a standard but I suspect it's part of the reason it's happening. I know erin is working on voting changes which I am hoping will encompass this and more changes.

Yes but at the same time we would not want someone like Savnith or Scutix to become a developer on the server I would assume? Or Wilee once again? (If someone is to say yes to these dear god...) Just because we are not screening for trustworthiness does not mean that people don't develop a sense of a developer being trustworthy during the duration of their title, especially those who work(ed) directly with them. Of course I am biased because myself and the other developers, including Paldiu, have worked directly with Allink himself for months and have spoken with him and learned to trust him as a person.

EDIT: I understand your last point about the risk but the issue is there is no possible way to determine the risk that is possible for any individual as an admin unless they have PREVIOUSLY shown it. We are not exactly fortune tellers and Allink hasn't shown any signs whether he would to impose a threat and break rules and go rogue as an administrator. My point is that we can't hold people back because of their friendships with others because we haven't done that in the past and it is unfair.