Austria introduces compulsory Covid vaccination for all

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I don't have any problems with the vaccine (I'm fully vaccinated) but this seems like a huge invasion of privacy. I don't think the federal government should be able to mandate taking the Covid vaccine.

To me it seems ironic that (at least in America) the same party that says "My body my choice" when it comes to abortion also supports vaccine mandates.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• part of me is surprised its this early on given the vaccine has been out for months, almost a year now. you would think that something like this would've been done ages ago like, if you're gonna be a cunt about getting everyone vaccinated then why now instead of earlier because i think it would've prevented the spike to an extent. shit aint magic and whilst it will lower the cases marginally it'll far be gone in a few months

either way, its still pretty fucked that the choice is taken from people. even if it is with good intentions of protecting others and giving the middle finger to those that proclaim it causes autism or some shit. then again if it is true that it is the worst european vaccination rate, it'd be a hard pill to turn down from a statistic perspective

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Fuck the vaccine and fuck the booster. Let people be who don’t want to get it; you have no right to inject shit into my body that I don’t want injected.

Yet I have vaccinations from when I was a baby and didn’t know better. Flu shots that never even saved me from the flu.

COVID isn’t a joke - I’ve had it. But I do not plan on taking the vaccine. It isn’t because of my political beliefs but people in my life that have taken it have suffered effects from it and it isn’t fully effective.

•   Miwojedk No I get that, however for example at my school several vaccinated people (with both shots; no booster) have got COVID, some of them have gotten it twice after being vaccinated as well. i have also had family members get blood clots (was not J&J it was moderna) or ended up in the hospital from the short term effects temporarily. however there is an article from the cdc saying millions have taken it and have not received long term effects. obviously everyone reacts different but my family hasn’t had the best of luck.

• There is a huge misunderstanding that is so rife in this thread.

The vaccine will not stop you from getting COVID.

The vaccine will reduce the negative effects of getting the virus.

Ivan some of them have gotten it twice after being vaccinated as well

Yes, the vaccine is not some sort of magical shield that makes it so you never get COVID. No vaccine has ever done that. A very simple knowledge of how vaccines works would help, it's something we learn in Year 10 in the UK and I had hoped it was common knowledge in the US too.

• It's the biological inaccuracies for me.

Your body has a defence mechanism I'm sure we all know as immunity. The idea is you get sick, and then you don't get sick again.

To get more into detail, your body has cells called B-lymphocytes. These lymphocytes are each unique, all different and all ready to deal with a different kind of pathogen, even if it's unknown.

When you get a disease for the first time, your body doesn't actually know which B cell can deal with that pathogen. So it spends some time trying to work out which B cell can deal with the virus, and then once it is found, the cell multiplies as it produces the antibodies to deal with the infection.

This process takes up to 15 days. During that time you will fall ill, and then recover towards the end.

Now your body has Memory B-lymphocytes. These will remember the virus and act much quicker and more efficiently - 3 times faster and producing 100 times more antibodies.

What vaccination does is it gives you a dead form of the virus. It's just the viral shell, really, but your body doesn't know that and reacts to it in the same way. It ensures that your response to the virus will be quicker and more efficient than if you were unvaccinated.

But it doesn't make things perfect. A lot of people think vaccine should equal you never get sick, but that's just not the case. Even in an immune person with memory cells it still takes the body several days to have enough lymphocytes and antibodies to properly deal with the infection. Often the virus doesn't incubate in that time or present any symptoms but it still does, and it still can.

If you're vaccinated and you fall ill with what is confirmed to be coronavirus, it means you've gotten a pretty aggressive bugger. Which is not unrealistic, and not taking into account that viruses like to mutate which can present difficulties. But if you weren't vaccinated and got that same sickness, your response is going to be 3 times slower and much, much less efficient.

The vaccine by and large turns hospitalisations into a "sit home and rest" situation. It turns sitting home and resting situations into being asymptomatic and just waiting for your body to flush it out.

Just because people are getting sick with the vaccine doesn't mean it isn't working. It just means they would've gotten more sick had they not been vaccinated.

Rant over.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

erin What vaccination does is it gives you a dead form of the virus

Adding a note here: mRNA vaccines (Biontech / Pfizer, Moderna) don't use live virus, instead you receive a mRNA sequence created in laboratory that your cells use to produce a virus's protein which will trigger the immune response.

Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   erin Analogy for all those who see just a big block of science words

Just because you study for an exam, doesn't mean you'll automatically ace it.
    However, you will do a lot better on that exam than you would have if you had not studied at all.

Taking the vaccine doesn't mean you will never get Covid, only a reduced chance of getting it, and if you do the symptoms will be much milder.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• The vaccine imho is very beneficial. With it, you won't die or be absolutely trashed by the disease. The same applies to the flu vaccine. They reduce the severity of the virus so you don't get totally crippled by it. Learn more about vaccines here.

Storytime:
    I got an extremely severe strain covid in Feb 2020 and no proper vaccines, 'treatments' or widespread testing existed. It lasted for two weeks and I could barely function and was in severe pain. A few doctor's visits later and I find out lungs are likely to be permanently affected so doing daily activities is a struggle at times along with experiencing pain when I breathe at times. My parents got covid this year (mid-2021), but had at least one dose of the vaccine and had mild symptoms and I did not get it a second time but was fully vaccinated (possibly by chance I did not get covid). I've also contracted the flu before, but I was vaccinated so I was sick for like 1-2 days and was back on my feet. A family member didn't get the flu vaccine and was sick for a much longer time.
    So, clearly, the vaccine doesn't "cure" the disease but instead, makes the effects lesser so you're not trashed by the virus or disease and recover quicker. That's what people don't seem to understand about it.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Even though it's for a good cause, giving the government power to force your choice regarding anything is a dangerous game to play. If the Austria government is justifying mandated vaccines now, what else will they mandate in the future

•   burger What would you have them do instead? Or would you just accept that only 66% of the country wil be vaccinated, meaning that people unable to get the vaccine due to health complications (or the elderly) are in even more danger, because people are unwilling to get the vaccine?