Discord Ban Appeal - shdwo

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Your discord tag. (Ex: elmon#6023)

• Sceptor#8372

2. If known, who banned you? (this can be checked)

• Ryan Wild

3. If known, do you know what time you were approximately banned?

• 09/08/2021 1PM BST

4. Why do you think you were banned? (this can also be checked)

• I said "I hate blacks" and "white supremacy" and was banned for 'racism'

5. Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. If your reason remains unknown, you may skip this question.

• Albeit, it probably wasn't a funny joke to some, however I had no ill-intent when saying these. These were said directly in context with something someone else posted as to where they were jokingly calling me a "white supremacist", I responded to this by saying "ah yes, i hate blacks" "white supremacy" in an obvious sarcastic tone. It seems as if someone cropped this and sent it to Ryan.
  • Ban Reason for Transparency:

The content wasn't cropped, certainly not so it was only the comment, and I found them myself in Discord. As far as I could see it wasn't obviously a joke at least on the times I saw it and either way was not appropriate for the server, and I suspect in reality actually would violate the Discord T&C's if it were reported to the trust and safety team...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• While the joke was in poor taste, you were banned seemingly without the context around the ban - the fact you said it was a joke just 1 minute after combined with the fact everyone knew you were joking due to context weren't taken into account at all.

Vouch.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Objection.

I was indefinitely suspended and banned. Ivan was indefinitely suspended and banned. You should also be banned. It would be ridiculously unfair if you got unbanned and let off so easily. You know full well what you did, as a former admin, and you knew full well what you were doing is and was wrong.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I object.

I was right there when the conversation was happening - it did not seem like jokes at all. Additionally, Ivan has been banned for this in the past. It did take a month for him to be banned, but he did get banned eventually. If his behaviour was noticed sooner he'd have been banned sooner. If it happens once, I can understand why some could consider it a joke - but twice is not acceptable.

• I also object, I was literally right there when it happened and I got a bit worried that the comment wouldn't slide with the discord mods or Ryan (here we are now). I don't think saying that type of stuff will go well with anyone.

• There's a very thin line between joking about a topic, and contributing to a problem. This isn't one of those times where I can consciously consider it a joke. While you may not be serious about it, it's still not something to joke about. For that reason, I'm going to Object too.

• I think tbh, the intention was there as a joke, but the execution was pretty bad. We could draw that line at that.

At the moment, i'm gonna object.

I also don't think your defensive attitude is helping your case either. The more mature thing to do, in this situation would be to admit that, although it was intended as a joke, not everyone saw it that way.

image.png

@"Ashaz"#12 Ivan has been banned for this in the past.

@"Luke"#19 Ivan was indefinitely suspended and banned

Comparing this situation to Ivan's is incredibly unfair. Ivan was banned for making continuous racist remarks without context every day for a week or so, and never stated it was a joke.

I said something in context, once, and clearly stated it was a joke afterwards.

Shdwo Comparing this situation to Ivan's is incredibly unfair. Ivan was banned for making continuous racist remarks without context every day for a week or so, and never stated it was a joke.

I said something in context, once, and clearly stated it was a joke afterwards.

If I remember correctly, you once said that ‘If someone says something offensive and they say it’s a joke, then it’s no longer offensive’ - I definitely recall you saying this months back. My point is I can’t trust if you even meant it as a joke and I don’t even see the message where you claimed it was a joke. There’s other witnesses who saw this, so it’s clear that people didn’t consider it a joke.

You! you once said that ‘If someone says something offensive and they say it’s a joke, then it’s no longer offensive’

I can't imagine me ever saying that because that's incredibly stupid. If I did then I apologise

@"Ashaz"#12 I don’t even see the message where you claimed it was a joke

I 100% stated it was a joke shortly after making it. If someone in the discord could find it and send it here I'd be grateful

Shdwo I 100% stated it was a joke shortly after making it. If someone in the discord could find it and send it here I'd be grateful

Even if you did mean it as a joke, similar things were said two times in the space of 5 minutes. It wasn’t funny; it was immature and racist.