Posts by wild1145

The majority of the work to get the forum up and running is now complete. There are a number of snags that we are working through, please see the announcement thread for more information.

Thank you for your understanding as we migrated.

First ever attempt on this one, did better than I thought ngl

Daily Duotrigordle #161

Guesses: X/37

🟥🟥 🟥🟥 3️⃣6️⃣ 3️⃣4️⃣

1️⃣3️⃣ 0️⃣4️⃣ 3️⃣7️⃣ 2️⃣8️⃣

🟥🟥 0️⃣7️⃣ 2️⃣1️⃣ 1️⃣7️⃣

0️⃣5️⃣ 3️⃣0️⃣ 0️⃣9️⃣ 2️⃣9️⃣

2️⃣4️⃣ 2️⃣7️⃣ 2️⃣2️⃣ 2️⃣3️⃣

1️⃣8️⃣ 1️⃣2️⃣ 3️⃣5️⃣ 1️⃣5️⃣

0️⃣6️⃣ 3️⃣1️⃣ 3️⃣3️⃣ 🟥🟥

2️⃣6️⃣ 3️⃣2️⃣ 1️⃣9️⃣ 2️⃣0️⃣

Duotrigordle

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce with immediate effect that Alco_Rs11 has been appointed as the executive ban manager for the Freedom game-mode going forward. Given his contributions and the endorsements from other individuals in the community, I am confident he will continue to be a fair and impartial individual to look after our ban process.

My thanks to videogamesm12 for keeping the lights on in the interim role, it as always has been very greatly appreciated.

Please join me in congratulating Alco_Rs11 on this new position!

I thought global staff chat was already a feature though, since everybody got a first-hand test drive of it

it's one of a substantial number of network manager features which is currently disabled due to the broken perms on the freedom game mode.

The official short answer is it depends, and not to start with.

I don't personally have enough faith and trust in Microsoft / Mojang to make sensible decisions here and until I see what this system works like in practice for others, it's not something I'm willing to endorse (Which equally isn't an issue for a while given how far behind we tend to run on TF at the moment).

Longer term if the system seems to work and we don't get a flurry of false positives like we've had in previous switches Mojang and MS have done, we'll be happy to have the functionality working.

I've already spoken with Telesphoreo from a Scissors perspective and the current plan I believe is to have it be a config option which TF will have set to disable the signing to start with.

My thanks to Fyrsta for all his assistance during my time off. I'm now back to being as active as I'm going to be so Fyrsta will step back into more of an ATLAS Focused role. Thanks all for your understanding on this matter.

Hi Folks,

As part of bringing the network back online, I wanted to let you know we've updated ViaVersion across the network to allow 1.19.2 support across the TF Network. As of this moment you can join using any of our supported client versions (Currently 1.17.1 - 1.19.2 inclusive) on any of our servers.

As always if you have any issues please use our support board, otherwise, we look forward to seeing you in-game!

Just to update.

We've now got Hub, Freedom and Skyblock Game Modes fully back up and running inside the network. The hub has a minor snag with the compass selector where it's not able to reach other servers, I need to figure out exactly what's causing that as it's a bit weird, guessing it's where I've moved the server.

I've moved the Hub-03 server into the panel so it's now running on MC-01 rather than its own VPS, this was on the card for a little while but this felt like the time to do it given I understand the Hub world itself was damaged so has been restored to the 1.1 build from the MB Team.

From what I can tell Skyblock didn't have any damage caused as permissions are set up there locally rather than through the network so the * permissions didn't get used or abused there, same with the Freedom game mode.

The events server has now been removed, and there will not be an events server for the time being. In the future should there be a requirement for an events server, it will be managed by the Systems Administration team rather than being permitted to be managed or run by the events team due to this issue.

We're making some final checks and updating Discord perms, but once that's done we should be good to welcome you back online.

Just as an update, I've identified the individual who I believe has caused this, and further investigation is ongoing in that regard.

I have also now been able to work through all of the changes that were made to the Bungee itself and think I've repaired any damage that was caused. I'm currently working through updating plugins and the bungee itself before that comes back online.

The Minecraft servers themselves are going to require a bit more work as some were seriously damaged as a result of this incident, I'm hoping to get some basic functionality up and running later today.