Close all development suggestions

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I would like to stop all users from posting development related suggestions until such a time where they can be implemented quickly.

There is literally no point in vouching or objecting to any development related suggestions as even if it was accepted, it would take months and months to be implemented.

Rather than piling on, close all development suggestions and work through the hundreds of open tasks.

• neutral

i think that we have way too many suggestions that are shelved indefinitely and until they are implemented we should put some kind of hold on suggestions

but I think we should allow for some compromise for very important high priority suggestions

Like we don’t need any suggestions to add plugins, features, or other stuff we don’t absolutely need.

But we do need suggestions on important stuff, so Idk

i’m gonna see what other people think

• Not sure that's actually going to really help... We prioritise the tasks regularly based on the impact we think it will have to the network, and aim to target those tickets which are either outstanding for extended amounts of time, or that are going to provide a significant impact to our user base. Closing suggestions while it does give the team a chance to catch-up, it could easily be 12-18 months currently at the pace we're working at, and I'm not really convinced this solution is going to speed that up, or keep players actually happy with the server.

Our boards are (hopefully still) open for people to see, and we post what we have planned for upcoming releases before we start on them, if there are tickets that people really want to see then there's a discord chat to discuss that sort of stuff and we can take that feedback onboard.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• i dunno if this is the way chief, you'd be blueballing those with an itch to push an idea and you know how damaging how blueballs are

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   RedEastWood That doesn't negate the fact that if it's been approved...it's been approved.

Wait time is irrelevant in this conversation.

Now, I would be much more inclined to agree with you, if you were arguing that it's undemocratic / silly to let the owner / developers be the ones deciding priority.

•   RedEastWood Given the current priorities are (And are in this order)

1) Java 16 Support for all plugins
    2) 1.17 Upgrade
    3) Animated Frames Modifications

The 3rd one there is the only one that has any budging room and given the number of people who have wanted it, and the fact it'd actually be pretty neat to have working and offer something a bit unique compared to most things, feels like a good setup.

The priorities are regularly shared and if people really wanted stuff prioritised then they should have that conversation with me and Fleek, and we can work out between us if that's doable.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' 1) Java 16 Support for all plugins
    2) 1.17 Upgrade

What is the real benefit of doing this? Other than keeping up with a Minecraft update, I see no real value. The playerbase remains unchanged since the new update, and I very highly doubt we will get any new players because we are on 1.17

•   RedEastWood Because otherwise we destroy the player base we have... ViaVersions is not a sustainable long term solution and keeping up to date with the latest version is the only way TF has ever, and will ever stay remotely relevant.

Wild1145