Voter Rank Suggestion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I would like to implement a new Voter cosmetic rank on the server. This rank would be attainable if you vote for a seven day consecutive period, and then continue to vote. You will receive the Voter rank on the seventh day of your voting timeline, and if you then fail to vote every day after that mark, it will be removed.

This rank would feature a custom cosmetic tag, along with Voter trails and effects.

This will significantly aid our server by making us better known on server lisiting sites. I have spoken to many premier Minecraft server owners and they all gave me the same advice - it all comes down to voting.

Currently there is very little incentive for our players to vote, and this suggestion aims to change that.
    I firmly believe that this suggestion will do wonders for our server and its playerbase.

• Vouch, at this point we should stop limiting ourselves in terms to what fits the server or not because if we keep doing that, we are not gonna move forward.

I think change isnt so bad, even trying isn't as bad. If we dont like it, we could always go back.

• @Luke#17057 Those are exclusive to Discord FWIW, this is talking about adding a new rank inside of the FreeOP Gamemode...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17062 i was thinking more because of the fact its cosmetic. Nobody is stopping those under 'mentally unstable' from putting on a tag on the server. Same for gucci. While its a 'role' on the server ultimately it has the same effects as the other two.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @Luke#17066 True, but there's equally nothing stopping anyone else using those tags (Not against the rules strictly speaking iirc). This would be to add an in-game only title / rank / whatever you want to call it, in return for voting. Something very different to a discord role which was my reason for clarifying.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Vouch. this is just a smarter solution, but I don't think you should have to have any sort of 7-day streak or anything. That type of limitation discourages people from voting. What Lakefield and I set up on Darkstone is a system where there are four voting sites, and each one gives you 6 extra hours of voter rank. That way, the rank never has to run out, but you still need to vote on all four sites to have it all day. All people really want is an instant reward for voting, and this way, we can give it to them while still retaining the voting incentive afterward.

• A while back I approved a suggestion for voters to get a colored name in the tab, which would be maintained by voting daily (if players didn't vote after a certain amount of time the color would go away). A little something for voters to stand out and for others to say "how did you get the colored name?" but not to the point where it was in your face.