Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Another useful tip, based on my experience with spawns often made by Bowie: a pre-made, free-to-build area around the protected spawn make it so the location stays tidy for longer. Typically empty spaces with paths, sometimes there was a fence all around it creating a sort of theme for the spawn.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   You! not specifically you but i am having a problem with people treating spawn as a disposable medium and changing them every one or two days and not bothering trying to fix the current spawn

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   lyicx the previous one (the "XP" one) was working out pretty well and wasn't already messy, sice it was Ashaz's I had a hard time understanding what didn't he like about it

•   You! the one you initially intended to have a tiny region and have people build a city around it. It had like a crossroad of paths and someone turned it into the windows logo with the red blue green yellow

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Can we make it so that the new, elaborate spawns that took days to make aren't changed after just one day?

We risk demotivating people who invested that much time and energy, wasting @"ClayCoconut"#130 's efforts at hiring spawn makers

• Can I ask all of us to make a bit more of an effort when it comes to cleaning up spawn? I hope I'm not asking too much but I logged on for the first time in several days and I was met with what I can only describe as a scene messier than my bedroom.

Scaffolds everywhere, some over 40 hours old.

This is not a scene I'd like people to see as soon as they exit the region. Complete and utter chaos. No wonder new players think we're anarchy.

I'm all for the slightly chaotic nature of different builds and stuff around spawn, but I think the scaffolds and general random block placements should be cleaned up where possible.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I would like to reiterate: If we're sick of the spawn looking like this constantly, the permanent solution is to set a permanent spawn rather than switching it out all the time. Constantly cleaning up the spawn and expecting everyone else to do it isn't a smart solution. Also, the rubbish that collects around spawns all the time is a characteristic of TF that has been there for years. Some people just don't want that aspect of TF along with the idea of switching spawns to go away. I feel like we've already drifted far away enough from what the freedom server used to feel like that it's time to set a permanent spawn rather than cling on to this idea.

•   Panther We could do a spawn switch per week? Or maybe once 2 weeks? Still allows for quality. Infact, people would want their spawn to be picked so they'd make higher quality spawns, we'd have a cycle of spawns and still allow MBS and other players to show their creativity. Some people are excited for spawn changes so we wouldn't lose those too.
    And we'd still get long lasting spawns.
    ...But since its the rubbish part we're worried about, I'm willing to take on that role and do a spawn cleanup removing spammed minecarts, cauldrons, chests and etc daily.

ketchup aX0Qxn3.png

• I'd like to bring this to light again, especially for the new admins.

Lyicx's guidelines are still to be followed while setting up new spawn areas. They're the entry point for new players and the first impression has an important part in presentation and retention. Furthermore, good quality ones will keep players inspired and give a nice place to interact with others.

The use of paths or roads around the build has helped players follow the theme or simply keep it nice and clean. One of the last spawns maintained by Lyicx has lasted for a month.

•   Tizz as always, if an admin sees random ugly scaffolds, 1x1 pillars into the sky, random blocks placed everywhere, holes in the ground, or anything of that nature that is ugly, they should remove it. I personally remove things that detract spawn's appearance meeting that criteria and recent spawns have lasted far longer because they are kept nice and tidy. Cleaning up spawn is a good way to kill some boredom as well - you're now keeping busy by making the spawn nicer for new players and it sets an impression TF is not TotalAnarchy.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• I've been lurking admin chat and felt like letting you know the current convention for saving old spawns is

/setwarp oldspawn-YYYY-MM-DD

That way is easier to find them. Not sure if Ashaz or somebody else started doing it this way.