aerom12 - Freedom-01 Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Jeez why are you so upset? Calm down. Seems like you have something deeply against me, says more about you than it does about me.

I played on the server a lot, a lot, before I became admin. I wasn't perfect, and no one else was. I vouched because he shows promise, what's your issue? Seriously, if you have something you want to say to me, fucking say it instead of passive aggressively harassing me every time I dare login and post an opinion on the server I'm a charter admin on. Pipe off dude.

• Vouch, you've shown quite a bit of improvement since the last idk how many apps (shows how much i pay attention) and I have faith that you will be a good addition to the team.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• Wait just a moment everybody.

Aero is not too active. In June, they got 7th place on MU with 3 days playtime. And last month, they didn't even get MU. So this talk about how they're too active was relevant maybe on the last application. It's old news. I think the new issue could be the heavy emotional attachment, heavy emotions themselves, and self-control. Unfortunately, these areas while improved are glaring. But I think everyone on the admin team should be willing to assist Aero in this. I don't think it's quite enough to completely bar them from admin right now. I've seen some applicants, new or reinstating, show up to the team with self-control issues. Some eventually grow out of that, and some are very stubborn to learn. It depends on if they are willing to listen and adapt or not.

If you ain't gon' read allat, the TL;DR is Aero has improved, still has some faults, but I believe that they can learn and become a great admin on TotalFreedom.

I'm going to vouch for Aero becoming an admin.

• I played on the server a lot, a lot, before I became admin.

Remind me, how long ago was this?

what's your issue

could you kindly tell me other names Aero commonly goes by? There’s a big one that you’d know if you actually saw the applicant talking and such

fucking say it instead of passive aggressively harassing me every time I dare login and post an opinion on the server I'm a charter admin on.

What part of my last post was not ‘saying’ it? Would you rather I scream swears and call you mean words? You seemed to understand my point so I’m not 100% quite how I wasn’t clear enough

And two things:

1) This is the first time we’ve argued about this, not ‘everytime you login’

2) You do not have Charter admin. It was removed long ago and we’re just beginning to readd it.

Now then since you were so keen on me being completely honest:

Get your head out of your ass. Grow up. Stop accusing me of ‘constantly attacking you’ and playing a victim when I’ve said one thing, on this application, but never before.

The crux of my point was that why in God’s name should I listen to someone who has:

- not been on the Discord since January

- hasn’t been on the actual server in seemingly longer

who posted a vote seemingly out of spite to tell me and everyone else what our business is and how our vote is wrong?

Why should i listen to somebody who appears out of nowhere to tell us we’re wrong cuz ‘muh charter admin’ despite you having absolutely no knowledge of the applicant other than this application?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

Edited once, last by Luke (August 10, 2023 at 10:05 AM).

• i’m moving back to neutral following IMG-0843.pngthis mini breakdown last night due to the disabling of talking in freedom-01. it was not that deep & didn’t require this reaction

if this is out of context please tell me but i did read the context and it didn’t seem to be a joke

• I've looked at what other people said and I'll vouch but I think you should be able be able to keep yourself more composed when dealing with arguments and dramatic situations that may arise on the server, such as conflicts between ops where administrator intervention is needed. I've noticed a few people's reasoning for objecting and neutral was due to your behaviour and mental health but I don't see that as being a good reason to be against this application.

meow-upscaled.png

• I am also going to have to object for now.

You are a dedicated applicant and I can see that.

Although your activity levels alone don't concern me, it's your overall attachment to this server. I do worry that if you were to be deprived of TF it will mentally damage you.

Your application reminds me of when I applied for admin back in 2012.I obsessed over tf and all I wanted was admin. Then I got suspended for doing something stupid, and since TF was one of my main hobbies at the time, you literally feel a sense of disconnection, and that can affect you mentally.

I worry that the same thing may happen to you.

image.png

• Your recent, (somewhat) unhinged interactions after restricting the chat bridge are pulling me into objection zone.

I personally find the argument about spending a lot of time in here a little weak, see Quack's playtime and how he's doing as a new admin.

The one about your emotional attachment is valid, and it's seen when things aren't going your way.

You were doing better than the past applications but your emotional immaturity is surfacing again and I don't want it to ruin your future experience as a staff member.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• i think idk if people are mistaking my (and others) arguments but personally

couldn’t give a fuck about statistical play time. i care about his emotions and his attachment, not his playtime.

e.g. his breakdown because of freedom-01 becoming read only. that’s what i care about.

• I'm actually going to throw in a new argument here - a breakdown is kind of warranted for TF shutting down the discord server chat in a desperate attempt to get people on the game server. This is one of those "circling-the-drain" moves that an organization does when it's failing to find any form of growth (in this case, player retention/interest.) It's a pretty obvious signal that the server is on the path to the grave instead of greener pastures, so yeah, I wouldn't really blame anyone, especially prospective staff, for hitting the panic button at this point.

• so yeah, I wouldn't really blame anyone, especially prospective staff, for hitting the panic button at this point.

nothing, and i mean nothing, warrants an irl breakdown.

panicking as in being worried? fair.

Saying:

‘more like giving up on this reality. Everything goes wrong every fucking day. I can’t fucking handle this’

Or

‘I am actively having a fucking mental breakdown’

That’s crossing a line.

What mental gymnastics do you have to use to say ‘Yeah, thats normal’?

Under what circumstance is that a normal attachment to have to a Minecraft server? Where a change such as making a channel read-only warrants a mental breakdown and someone giving up on reality?

In your mind, what if this was something intense like shit we as management would have to deal with? What if OP was DDOSed? What if OP had some really important stuff revealed? What if OP had to deal with the shitty scrutiny most of us have to deal with on the daily?

No, it’s not normal and no, we shouldn’t be allowing it to get this far. I’m against anything formal, don’t get me wrong, and I am against making the decision for Aero that Aero’s gone too far but in the same strand I’m absolutely against Aero getting an additional role on here given how deep this attachment goes

I change my vote to an objection.