LBR - maniaplay

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This obsession with malicious exploitation man..

1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender. Format as follows:

YAML

Code
    maniaplay:  
      uuid: 'f5ed01cd-3651-48af-99fc-d21a034583c7'  
      ips:  
      reason: 'Grabbing player IPs using an exploit'  

2. What did they do?

They used a Figura Script that IP logs players, each time /eseen-ing it verifying it's their IP. They have always never talked about it and do not ever provide any detail on what they're doing. Obsession with malicious exploitation? Anyone?

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

Rule 1, Rule 3, Rule 6, and i think it's breaking a law? not sure

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

97 (cant tag you for some reason), Alco_Rs11  videogamesm12 plus You! and me

image.png

image.png

image.png

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers. I think they have an alt but I don't remember the name.

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.)

1 year maybe

Admin // Hub Moderator // Master Builder

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited 3 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 20, 2023 at 9:17 PM).

• I would like to add the victims of this IP-logging massacre:
    __veast
    PatoCalzoncillo

EpsilonBot

Yurni (with consent)

G6_ (with consent)

Incredibly awesome duck.

Edited once, last by quack95 (July 20, 2023 at 9:24 PM).

• I Vouch and witness.

I'd personally go for an infinite ban duration given their extensive history of maliciously attacking/exploiting the server causing extensive damage in one case.

This might be an exploit with Figura.

image.png

Code
    [02:06:29] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:06:52] [Server thread/INFO]: quack95 issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:06:52] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:07:25] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 191.17.46.5
    [02:07:56] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /ewhois 146.70.132.86
    [02:09:09] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:22:55] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 178.32.24.193
    [02:28:12] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:28:12] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 146.70.132.86
    [02:29:57] [Server thread/INFO]: maniaplay issued server command: /eseen 192.210.204.75

Example of G6_ IP.
    image.png
    EpsilonBot IP:

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (July 20, 2023 at 9:18 PM).

• Official Post

Can someone explain exactly (In as much technical detail as people want) how she is getting other peoples IP's at all please? It's not clear in this thread.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'd personally go for an infinite ban duration given their extensive history of maliciously attacking/exploiting the server causing extensive damage in one case.

100% vouch and agree with this

The first time I was admin I'm pretty sure maniaplay had an LBR (at the time IBR) out for them probably for exploiting and stuff.

This is absurd.

Hub Moderator

Admin

Rhythm Game Enthusiast

Owner @ [REDACTED]

• Can someone explain exactly (In as much technical detail as people want) how she is getting other peoples IP's at all please? It's not clear in this thread.

All we have as of now is a figura exploit or just an exploit that we don't know of

Incredibly awesome duck.

• Official Post

It is not exactly known what the exact source of the IP addresses is, but theories arise.

A working theory is that Luna used a malicious Figura script (because it lets you fucking do that) to log players' IP addresses. Everyone affected except for EpsilonBot had, at some point, installed Figura and used it on the server. Luna's comments also from yesterday seem to strengthen this theory. However, this has yet to be confirmed or denied.

Another theory is that Luna used IP addresses collected from IPTFreedom to collect people's IP addresses. However, Fres/PatoCalzoncillo (a player who was affected), has never joined IPTFreedom without using a VPN, and his non-VPN IP was collected.

Vouch nonetheless.

• Vouch. Should be global as well since they broke a law and I'm like 99% sure this breaks TOS as well

I also witnessed part of this (or at least, the aftermath) on Discord

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

Edited once, last by Gommeh (July 20, 2023 at 10:03 PM).

• The server community was disrupted due to these actions.

agreed, the server was impacted HARD by their actions; hence why they are also banned from the Discord

Gommeh

Super Admin - January 15, 2015

Super Telnet Admin (rip) - May 15, 2015

Senior Admin - July 19, 2020

Discord Moderator - July 19, 2023

Developer - July 26, 2023

• A working theory is that Luna used a malicious Figura script (because it lets you fucking do that) to log players' IP addresses. Everyone affected except for EpsilonBot had, at some point, installed Figura and used it on the server. Luna's comments also from yesterday seem to strengthen this theory. However, this has yet to be confirmed or denied.

Another theory is that Luna used IP addresses collected from IPTFreedom to collect people's IP addresses. However, Fres/PatoCalzoncillo (a player who was affected), has never joined IPTFreedom without using a VPN, and his non-VPN IP was collected.

Is it possible they could've used multiple methods to acquire IPs? That would explain the inconsistencies in who's IP was grabbed in both possible theories.

Either way, this is a vouch, through and through, for an infinite ban. This is genuinely inexcusable and could likely be genuinely illegal. Their previous history, according to Alco_Rs11, doesn't help their case either.

?key=a2982ae38c7421bcbd34299edcfd2fcb4b3f0de19256c032ba3be8696f264cd7-aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMvMTExNDA5OTg4NzIyMzYwNzMzOC8xMTI2NDQ0NTE2MDY1NDExMDkyL2ltYWdlLnBuZw%3D%3D

• Alco_Rs11 July 20, 2023 at 11:56 PM

Closed the thread.