Indefinite Ban Request - ​maniaplay

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • 1. Username, UUID, IP(s), and short ban reason for each offender.

Code
    maniaplay:
      uuid: 'f5ed01cd-3651-48af-99fc-d21a034583c7'
      ips:
      reason: 'Creating a self-replicating structure block that griefed the world spawn without a trace and caused extreme server instability - https://imgur.com/a/T8r2VLo'

2. What did they do?

Luna placed and activated a self-replicating structure block at the flatlands world spawn. Because of the lackluster protection TotalFreedomMod offers against Structure Blocks, it was still possible to use Structure Blocks if you knew how to do it. The structure selected caused the server to lag horrendously and destroyed several builds within the area without a trace. The admins around at the time were unsure about what to do (mainly because the server was so slow it was unusable), which likely allowed the structure to spread further.

Around 5:48 PM MDT, I stepped in to assess the situation, and after unsuccessfully attempting to clean up and stop the spread of the structure myself, made the decision to keep the server offline until a patch could be made, hoping to save some builds in the process. This resulted in an hour or two of downtime as I worked on a patch that allowed me to disable structure and jigsaw blocks completely. Once I pushed the patch to GitHub and the server, I began cleaning up the flatlands world spawn and restoring it using data extracted from a Replay Mod recording from earlier in the day (provided by Alco_Rs11).

The world spawn was fully repaired by 11:29 PM MDT.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the guidance for sanctions?

1a. Attempts at harming the server.

1g. Using an exploit that restricts a players experience.

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff.

The structure blocks used a structure named "goingoutwithabang2". With that in mind, I believe that this was Luna attempting to go out with a bang.

M82qCmZ.png

The structure blocks were extremely effective, destroying a huge chunk of the world spawn and lagging clients that happened to be nearby.

zWGX5K4.png
    c5OiaSn.png

To support my case, here's a screenshot of CoreProtect logs from right before the incident occurred:

pkzS75k.png

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs?

No.

image.png

• I Vouch and am a witness. My replay mod recording from this morning is what ultimately saved the flatlands spawn.

The screenshot of the damage which was shared with Video in this IBR clearly shows the scope of damage this caused to the world spawn. There was also a smaller, tertiary cluster of these self-replicating structures to the north of the world spawn that thankfully did not cause damage to any builds and was simply cleared, and the ground filled in.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

Edited 2 times, last by Alco_Rs11 (October 3, 2022 at 8:00 AM).

• Vouch. Just want to add as well that the whole thing seemed to be Miasmus' idea as they were initailly messing around with these with ria, told maniaplay about it. Furthermore, Mia even had the idea to make the structure blocks infinite, jokingly mentioning the fact they'd be in trouble for it.

DId Miasmus place the block that caused the problem? No, but this probably wouldn't have happened if Miasmus had properly reported the exploit before one of their incredibly close friends used it to brick the server to a point Miasmus themselves thought was irrecoverable.

22:10 GMT

Miasmus » build in this now

Miasmus » duplicate

Miasmus » real

Miasmus » now watch this

22:17

maniaplay joined the server

Miasmus » this isso sutpid

Miasmus » video is gonna fuck me in the ass

maniaplay » wow this is still 1.17.1

Miasmus » luna wouldnt it be funny if i made the loading uncontrollable and in multiple directions

maniaplay » yes miasmus

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Approved.

I felt it is also appropriate Miasmus to also be indefinitely banned as well after reviewing the latest evidence provided by erin. The fact Miasmus threw that 'joke' out they'd be in trouble and still participated in the creation of this and they also felt it'd be funny if they made it 'uncontrollable' and worked in various directions should not be taken lightly. By reporting it and not going ahead and participating in a blatant attack on the server, they'd very likely avoid an indefinite ban as well.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Alco_Rs11 October 9, 2022 at 12:49 AM

Closed the thread.