Discussing the best MC Version

• my favorite version is 1.19 and will be 1.20 when that comes out, and 1.21 when that's out. I do have a lot of nastalgia for older versions, but personally I have always loved the new additions, i do have some complaints with the updates maybe not adding everything I would have wanted but i do think that everything that they did add is good, lots of good building blocks, good mechanics, everything. I understand the concern of the game starting to get a bit unstable but you do have to comend the devs for accomplishing what they have, and there's always mods like optifine or sodium to help with the lag, and while I would much prefer there to just be a full optimization update that was dedicated just to making the game more stable, but i also understand that probably won't happen due to business things.
    Really my one complaint with updates nowadays is the overambitious. It is clear to me that Mojang wants to do a lot with these updates, with the canceling of the birch forest/fireflies stuff, the split of 1.17, the deep dark stuff not coming til 1.19, etc. But clearly they are pushing themselves too hard, that is why personally I want 1.20 to be a small update, because with a smaller update it gives the devs time to focus on that optimization and stability that is lacking in current updates.

• Sticking with 1.18.2 cus all my mods are on that, will switch to 1.19 whenever Litematica upgrades to that (could be a while cus Litematica is getting an overhaul apparently).

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• i've got quite a few nominations

1.14/15 - Village and pillage/Bugs and bees

1.14 to me was the last good update to me from a gameplay perspective. one massive update overhauling the early game and villager mechanics. i spent hours in 2019 purely because of this update and how groundbreaking it was gameplay wise. im including 1.15 in this as it was a necessary evil and if i was to play this update i'd do it on 1.15. just adds bees too which is neat.

i wasn't into the nether update much but honourable mention because blackstone and last full on update

1.12 - something something world of colour update

concrete and the last version of minecraft where forge was good. it feels more like a base now these days for shit and the last update i feel that didn't have a strong theme to it.

honourable mention for modding goes to 1.7.10 btw. that was my first java minecraft version.

1.8 the boundiful update??? cant spell it

most people would mention this because classic combat. while im used to 1.9 combat and understood why it changed 1.8 was the last update i consider to be classic. i rarely touch it now but occasionally a friend of mine prefers this version because it was the last notch version

20w14infinite

best april fools update fuck you.

i am half tired and probably missed a ton of detail lol

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• I think 1.16.5 has been the last good release before the road to the worsening performance because screw Java players enjoying free customisations instead of spending real money on the Bedrock's shop.

1.17.1 is pretty good despite it being less reliable than 1.16, at least we have new building stuff and PvE challenges.

1.18.x has improved world aesthetics at the cost of everything else, it's a memory and performance clog, which will be bad for a server like ours. We'll probably skip to 1.19 but it isn't looking better performance-wise.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• When I first got Minecraft I was just 10 years old, and it was one of the first few games I properly played. I tinkered around in creative mode for most of my time, following with many of Flabaliki's redstone tutorials.

And then a few weeks later, 1.5 dropped. An update entirely revolved around redstone. New content in a game I'd already paid for was something completely new to me, and the fact the content was based around the one main thing I enjoyed doing most in the game. The impact that had on me was second to none.

I'd also say, although I may be biased, that the update is still up there in terms of the quality of the content it introduced to the game. I would only rank the nether update above it.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• 1.12.2 was the last version of Minecraft that wasn't bloated to death with shitcode. The whole reason some servers like 2b2t haven't updated in years is because the newer versions lag too hard to be able to run with playable performance, but ironically the side-effect of not updating is that the years of exploit discoveries and patches have actually hardened and stabilized this particular version of Minecraft against lag and crash exploits significantly, as many forks of Spigot/Paper have risen to the occasion to patch any that pop up in it specifically for anarchy servers.

ThePyroManActualAccount 1.4 to 1.7 were honestly the golden age of Minecraft modding. There were so many mods out there you could get to change your experience it was crazy. There's basically nothing nowadays compared to back then unfortunately.

image.png