Clear the permban list again.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So I am going to vote again and object. Not only for panthers reasoning but a bit of my own.

Each and every single person on the indefinite bans list has one thing in common - the community agreed that they are unfit to continue playing on the server for an indefinite amount of time - most likely forever.

Sure, most of the list could write an appeal and get accepted. But the appeal they've written usually would show whether or not the person has or has not changed - if they don't appeal we should assume they haven't. For all we know the serial troll we are about to unban is just doing the same thing on other servers and has no signs of changing.

What's more, every case is different as I said in my neutral response. Plenty of these indefinite bans were posted and voted on by players who may not remember the player perfectly or may be inactive now.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   UnderTails The benefit is that players that were once banned for breaking certain rules would be able to play again on our server. Many of the players that were permanently banned were also young and have probably forgotten about TotalFreedom. Also, 6 months is a very long time for someone to change. To sum up, unbanning these players would bring back potential old players without them having to appeal. If they get break rules and get indefinitely banned again, so be it.

Fleek Was the indefinite ban list not been wiped at some stage last year under Seth?

It was. In fact, I was one of the permanently banned players and I was unbanned too.

•   You! In my opinion if they want to come back they can make an appeal, it’s not that hard

but I see no reason why we should just open the floodgates and let in people the community agreed were unfit to play on the server

with the current server environment it just doesn’t make sense to me

• Vouch—there's nothing that's already just "expires in 3-6-12 months", and if there's nothing between day bans and indefinite bans, then it makes no sense to have indefinite bans in the first place. With the exception of things that would get people on the unappealable ban list anyway, I can't think of anything that it would be truly problematic to convert indefinite bans to multi-month bans for—what, if they do it again, they'll get banned for another few months.

I should have been more patient, not less, in my only objection to an indefban appeal in the last six months.

•   hapi most perm bans I see given out are for serial trolls and etc ngl, and the ones I've filed out have been after I gave the player a multitude of chances to start behaving which they never took.

Wouldn't call a lot of the reasonings stupid but you might be thinking of other reasons.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I'd support this if the Server Conduct Policy is changed in the future and a time limit is added for the offences the players are currently indefinitely banned for.

As of now, I'd like to see a little effort from those players to show they care more about the rules. I've always vouched for who's been banned for long enough and didn't make excuses to deflect blame.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I'm not happy with a total wipe, but would be in agreement that re-defining what an indef ban looks like is a good idea. Would welcome suggestions by the community to better manage "Long term bans".

With that said, I won't be wiping the permban list, so this is declined.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK