Indefinite Ban Request - Ashaz

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This is one of the rare times I think it's appropriate to go neutral - the entire situation is still very confusing based on the presented evidence, and I'm going to wait until more evidence appears or more reasoning is made because of the evidence.

This entire situation is unbelievably stupid, and it's honestly disappointing to see that so much drama can be sparked over a dumb spleef event. We need to learn to move on from these things.

• Neutral. This is a very complex case. I think this request should remain open for a while so that we can try to work out what is going on as I don't think we should make any rash decisions. I'm going to read the evidence again tomorrow to attempt to understand what has happened.

Edit:
    Having reviewed this again, I will stay neutral. I have some sympathy with those objecting and I think lots of what they say makes sense. This was a misunderstanding, and I am not confident it was anything malicious.
    The reason, therefore, that I am not objecting, is that my unease is a feeling - I don't have a fully coherent explanation of why I am satisfied a ban isnt appropriate (although people on both sides have made highly compelling arguments). I am not willing to pick a side when it is a gut feeling guiding me.

• @simplynick#5943 The only reason that I can come up with for you wanting to keep this faulty vote is because you believe that the verdict may change. Sorry, but if you're so adamant in your cause and in thinking that community will take any additional statements into account, then you should have no issues with hosting a new poll that can't be criticized as unfair (Notice how the most recent votes were objections?)
    Plenty of people have voted already, and most of those votes were placed - before - any input from Ashaz. I am confident in saying that a big chunk of voters haven't come back to the thread since. A new thread would certainly mitigate this issue. You don't hold votes with lack of, or false, infomation. (e.g see the vote-off for me, where the new poll's verdict was changed because of new evidence put forth)

If anybody should be blamed, or even reprimanded, for this debacle it should be the ESL. It's ridiculous to hold an OP to the same standard as an executive (/assistant). It's also quite ironic that the ESL is vouching, despite the fact that they only got a slap on the wrist for framing me for a grief in the MB world, which ultimately ended up with me getting suspended and permanently banned. It's evident that the current ESL has a habit of making rash decisions, which I see this as another clear indicator of. This mess should've been investigated thoroughly by the ESL Darth before suspending @simplynick#5943 and before blaming You! for what is obviously a clear misunderstanding.

• For now i think i am neutral, as much as I think that what Ashaz had done was wrong and was bannable, all of this sounds like a bit of a misunderstanding and more of a problem of there being lack of communication, and people interpreting what a person said as one thing when they actually meant another, so I will think it over for a bit and then decided on a final judgement for me

• Neutral, very confusing situation.
    Ashaz obviously doesn't perceive situations very well and I don't think he has the capacity to setup a whole case against nick with the purpose of trying to take his role.
    EDIT: I don't wanna get cancelled.

@DragonSlayer2189#5978 was bannable

Can you quote what conduct policies and specifics were breached?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• neutral. the situation could of just been a mistake, or it could be a setup to remove your liaison rank. i personally dont understand the situation enough to choose vouch or object.