Log /banname and /banip but not /orbit

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As title says.

Username and IP daybans, which are different from /ban or /gtfo as they only add the name or the IP on the ban list, aren't logged and they should be.

/orbit looks more like a counter-troll command rather than a proper punishment and, honestly, it used to be fun to use on fellow admins but it floods the punishments log. Some OPs are actually entertained by it and they used to innocently tease an admin in order to be orbited.

Example of punishment entry with /banname

YAML
    '123456789':  
      username: Wild1145  
      by: StevenNL2000  
      type: banname  
      reason: I am TotalFreedom  
      issued_on: 1970-01-01 at 00:00:00 UTC  

Example of punishment entry with /banip

YAML
    '123456789':  
      ip: 1.1.1.1  
      by: StevenNL2000  
      type: banip  
      reason: No CloudFlare on my server  
      issued_on: 1970-01-01 at 00:00:00 UTC  

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Officially speaking orbit was designed as a punishment and is logged I think because it sometimes is used as such iirc.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' It's useless if the player has hacks like antikb or something related to gravity.

On a second thought, some other admin commands like /expel can be neutralised.
    But the point was, we have better commands for minor punishments so I'd consider re-classifying this one.

ETA: Slightly changed the examples as I've just remembered the logger doesn't need to print empty fields.

• Bump again. We have OPs enjoying being orbited and we're held back by the punishment logs.

And I don't know if the other 2 ban commands have been added and we can't check the punishments log anymore.

• I suspect that because of how the punishment log system works, removing orbit as an official punishment type from TFM would cause issues with how punishments are loaded in the first place.

To be honest tho in my eyes this shouldn't retract from the suggestion.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.