shdwo - Forum Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Posted on the behalf of shdwo

1. Minecraft name:

shdwo

2. Discord username and discriminator (username#discriminator) (if any):

Sceptor#8372

3. Approximate date of the forum ban:

07/09/2021

4. Reason for your forum ban:

In Wild's words: "Power posting and hijacking" (within the last 3 weeks?, his evidence being "all my deleted messages within the last 21 days")

In my honest opinion, I skimmed through all my deleted messages from the last 21 days and could only find one post that would even be considered inappropriate, however that doesn't constitute a 2 week forum ban. I have a total of about 7 deleted messages in the last 21 days, over half of which were deleted by myself... There will be a spoiler below that contains the images and the explanation behind them.

!

This comment was unnecessary, I agree with that... and I can only imagine it was flagged as it went down pretty quickly. Definitely not worthy of a 2 week forum ban though.

Same for this comment, unnecessary but definitely not power posting / thread hijacking, and therefor not worthy of a 14 day forum ban. I'm surprised it even got flagged as "power posting" as you can clearly see from the screenshots that these were pretty far apart from each other.

I don't know why this one got deleted? I mean, I literally just voted prematurely and was going to write up my reasoning in the morning...

I assume this was deleted as it interfered with another thread, however I had good intentions.

This was literally me just testing some formating...

Last of all we have this... heavens knows why this was deleted. I'm doing the exact same thing as the person above me yet they come out unpunished and without their message deleted?

!

TL;DR: A bunch of posts were deleted without valid reason, and I get blamed for "power posting"?

In my opinion the ban was invalid and lacked proper evidence towards such a lengthy sanction. I was told it was due to "all my deleted messages in the past 3 weeks", i've happily shared them with you and you're able to contribute your own judgement on the matter. I'm appealing this ban as I'd very much like to contribute my thoughts and opinions on current/future threads and this unnecessary ban is preventing me from doing so.

1. Do you agree to follow all rules in place on the forum?

I have been, and would continue to do so

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   RedEastWood no idea. I haven't been the one deleting most of the stuff that's been posted.

He was banned because he has continued to power post and be generally disrespectful towards folks on here. It was honestly very nearly an indefinite forum ban because this is the 3rd or 4th time in recent months this has happened.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

lyicx This comment was unnecessary, I agree with that... and I can only imagine it was flagged as it went down pretty quickly. Definitely not worthy of a 2 week forum ban though.

this one was flagged iirc

lyicx I don't know why this one got deleted? I mean, I literally just voted prematurely and was going to write up my reasoning in the morning...

i deleted your object the first time which had no feedback up front and considered powerposting from the fuckin hub voting guidance we got now. i dont know who deleted your second one but i presumed you were going to actually do it in the morning

thats all i've really moderated myself from memory

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

characterslimits We should stop banning people because we hate them.

We don't ban people because we hate them, we ban them because they add nothing to our community and chose to ignore the posting guidelines. Significant difference.

If I banned the dude because I hated him, he wouldn't be able to appeal it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Object. After very recently being banned for flaming people on the skyblock thread, HotDog has demonstrated again his failure to follow the forum rules, and to me, he is lucky this repeat offender ban isn't somewhere from a few months to indefinite. He also bypassed his discord ban a million times, demonstrating a lack of maturity and self-control. He deserves to remain banned.

•   characterslimits Because it's a demonstration that he hasn't learned to follow the rules yet like he was supposed to during his forum ban. Also, it leads me to believe he'd probably do or already has done the exact same thing on the forum.

• Someone once said

'You have the potential to change yet you don't act upon it, instead you come crawling back to the same discord server in hopes to stir up some BS and feed your fat ego. It's laughable...'

swap 'discord server' for forum and it works here. It's laughable...

Objection

Bonus points for anyone who knows who said this

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg