ATLAS Project Destiny - Level Of Interest?

• About every 12 - 18 months the ATLAS Staff team and a select group of friends have embarked on a 6-12 week modded Minecraft experience code-named Project Destiny.

Project Destiny is a heavily technical focused custom mod pack which we curate and ultimately play (Generally for far far more time than we probably should), since I've now taken on ownership of TF, I wanted to gauge interest from the TF community if we opened this up to TF as well for it's next iteration.

I'm classing this in TF terms as an event, as usually it runs for a 6 to 12 week window, at which point the server is then shut down and we go back to doing what we were doing before.

The historic mod packs have been reasonably memory intensive (The first time we did it the mod pack required 8GB Memory just to open MC, and MC took quite some time to launch so just be aware of this).

Historically we've treated it as a modded SMP which a little anarchy flair to it, given it's always been between friends we haven't got a firm set of rules or anything like that, which we would need to write and publish, but I'd really like to know if this is the sort of things that the community here would like to be invited to if we decide to run an iteration of Project Destiny this year.

For reference, this was the original mod list:

Last Years Mod-Pack:

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   videogamesm12 It's possible, this was the original version of the mod pack, we have had 2 generations since then, I'll look to put a more up to date list based on last years run of the project.

Wild1145

• For some clarity.

1 - I'm not 100% sure if we're going to do this this year or not yet. I'd just like to get some replies here to gauge if people would be interested or not.

2 - The mod packs are both historic ones, we generally tweak / adjust the mod packs as they're created per "Season" as it were. The mods will probably be similar to the ones listed above but may change depending on what's available and to help keep things somewhat balanced.

3 - This won't feel "Finished", because it's designed for some friends to just play together on. There will be plenty of things we could improve, but for a temporary server that's not intended to be public (It will be whitelist only). If people are dicks on the server, they'll simply be banned and won't be invited to similar events in the future.

Wild1145

• I think this would be a good thing for player retention as well. Even though the chances of me participating is quite slim, I feel something like this would bring something new and interesting to the TotalFreedom experience and since it's temporary and changes yearly, it will not get "stale" like a permanent gamemode.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

DragonSlayer2189 I would really like the ProjectE mod tho

Given Project-E (Which is no longer called Project-E) is designed to remotely control computers and drive games, I'm not sure how useful it will / would be...?

Wild1145

• what game version is this for
    if its 1.12.2 then you have to use vics modern warfare mod
    i think an update is coming out by the end of the year and it has a lot of texture and other revamps and it has cars now
    also theres a minigun so that will be fun

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png