Add more incentives for being a Senior Administrator

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@GeekGuy432#19442 I'm content with restoring suspension requests if people are more comfortable with that.

i support the idea of seniors being able to request suspensions, not outright doing it. that should always be with the EAO gang

@Ivan#19429 Executive should have never been available for regular Admins. Assistant Exec was fine. I'm sorry if you're a regular admin and are an exec now

fuckin best be sorry smh.

nah fr, the reason why we now have normal admins as executives is because there was a general lack of interest from seniors to take up that position. even had priority over normal admins too. (well, that and both me and red were darths assistants before he got knocked off and were practically heirs at that point) hell half the reason i got half of my titles was likely due to a lack of senior interest. ECM and forum mod as both are generally reserved for seniors. i guess thats a perk in itself having a priority over normal admins when it comes to applying for these positions.

either a normal admin has the role or per executive policy i believe the owner fills that in until someone suitable comes round. and im not sure about you but i dont think ryan would be able to manage ECM bollocks, EMM bollocks and ECD bollocks ontop of owner bollocks and ATLAS bollocks and Global Defense bollocks in a timely manner. im leaving this here but it seems the policy was updated since unless im misreading shit. still need people to fill that half of the team tho

@Luke#19387 i reckon we should at least consider removing telnet for normal admins and make it SrA only

i dont think stripping telnet is the right way to go in this aspect, i dont think stripping things from normal admins is a way to go with this either. telnet can be a useful tool at times and keep in mind while most admins nowadays haven't reached telnet when the rank was around, theres still people that worked their way towards that only for that permission to be struck down yet again when that wasn't the core premise of that rank merge. effectively at that point they might have not even bothered to apply for telnet if they were getting completely nuked back to something akin to super

i think a better alternative would be something akin to panel where they directly have access to the server in case issues arise but i am doubting how likely that'd happen. to be fair they already have tf!console on discord which is sort of what im on about, a non restrictive console thing but an actual thing and not reliant on elmons little bot

i want to add on something you mentioned in chat about grabbing latest.log when you were asking why admins would need to see other admins commands. if we remove telnet, keep normal admins from seeing other admin commands and now with limited access to log files since some GDPR bollocks (latest.log is still accessible but mostly because ryan cant get rid of it and that just implies we shouldn't result to that). it would make things considerably more difficult then it could need be. especially with some cunt forcekilling me or someone doing dumbass titles and i cant tell who. would get very annoying.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Back when I was a super (yup "super"), the idea of the senior admins to me, was that they were your mentors. They were the people who were really looked up to and respected on the server. They were trusted, and basically took functions of what our current EAO does now. Honestly I feel that was a much better approach of doing things.

I feel it would be more transparent, allowing seniors to suspend admins again. Obviously with good reason. Rather than taking it direct to EAO. Because by the time it has been investigated, the issue could have potentially been solved by simply removing them temporarily. Especially when the EAO may not have been given the full context or story as to why an incident potentially occurred.

I always used to remember when shit got serious, a senior admin had to step in. Whether that was doing map resets on clanforge, or using /onlinemode true

image.png

• To add, I think both Admin and Senior Admin should be taken more seriously and if you are going to fuck around as an admin it should be dealt with a consequence. This was a precedent that ended sometime around when Windows or Seth got owner. I don’t understand why. You are supposed to be administrating the server, not fucking around always forcekilling Lyicx or shit like that

• Zekurt once said something to me that I've remembered to this day. In his opinion, the admin team was like a big family with the Senior Admins as the sort of "grandparents". We would let the supers and telnets do their thing and handle situations in order to get experience. As Jag said above, it was only when things got serious did a Senior need to step in to resolve a problem.

• So I'm going to move this out of suggestions, because it feels more like a discussion than a specific suggestion.

Regarding suspensions I will write something more formal up and update policies as appropriate, but senior admins DO hold authority to suspend / otherwise remove admins from their accesses either for a very short term (ie remove them and read them the riot act) or where they see a longer term suspension being required, they can remove an admin and report the removal to the EAO.

The senior can't set the amount of time the suspension will last, that will fall to the EAO, but the immediate "Corrective Action" should be with the senior admins online at the time, and the EAO should really be involved for more of the review / root cause analysis type work and ultimate decision making.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK