Contraversial opinions

bowie men dont get the right to vote on it

men dont get opinions on abortions? a woman and a man could say the exact same thing about abortions, and yet only the womans opinion is valid? i think we decided in the 1920s that only allowing one gender to vote is a terrible idea. its like saying that women cant have opinions on nba basketball because all the players are male

erin Forcing women to go through a physically and emotionally exhausting pregnancy that most likely was unintentional and unplanned for is just.. not on.

most likely unintentional or unplanned? pregnancy doesnt come out of nowhere, either you had consensual sex, which means having a child was intentional, or you were raped, which is sad but definitely not "most likely." rapes do not make up most of abortions so "most likely was unintentional and unplanned" is wrong

also "forcing women to go through a physically and emotionally exhausting pregnancy" nobody is forcing women to get pregnant (except for rapes but less than 0.5% of abortions are because of rape, in Florida its 0.15% https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/). im tired of this narrative that banning abortions is "forcing women to carry a child to term and give birth when its a burden on them." if you dont want a kid DO NOT DO LITERALLY THE ONE ACTION DESIGNED SOLELY FOR HAVING A KID. also in florida 75% of abortions have no reason listed (https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/). only 20% were for social or economic reasons. the other 5% are for endangerment to the mother physically or psychologically, serious abnormality, rape, or incest. its wrong to say that either the child will be put into foster care or will be raised with poor quality of life when only 20% are for social or economic reasons, but 75% are for no reason listed, or purely elective. most abortions are not because a child would cause a huge economic hardship, or was a result of a rape or incest, they are because the mother simply doesnt want a child.

erin Especially when it’s 70 year old men writing the legislation.

women have had the right to vote for over 100 years, and yet these old men keep getting elected. women have higher voter turnout than men, so maybe its not a women vs men issue, its that most women see that the value and reasoning behind ideas and opinions matter more than whoever is holding them, even if that person is a 70 year old white man. im sure martin luther king jr would love to see people's opinions being devalued because of their race and gender, even for white men

erin The child born will not have a great quality of life - they’ll either be put up for adoption and thrust into the mentally damaging foster ‘care’ system, or raised by a mother who isn’t capable, motivationally or even financially to raise a child.

just did a quick calculation: in 2014 there were 652,639 abortions performed in the us. the average cost of an abortion in 2014 was $535 (https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/), calculating that out means that in 2014 about$ 350 million was spent on abortions. maybe that massive chunk of money could be used for improving the foster care system instead of killing children?

erin giving women the choice over what to do with their own bodies should not be controversial.

the whole point of the pro life argument is that its not women's own bodies. there is a living, independent human inside a woman's body when she is pregnant. that baby is genetically unique, is a human, and yet somehow its legal to kill it? how do we determine when the baby is a human? if it is when it is born, what about c-sections? what about babies that are born a few weeks or a month early? if it is when a heartbeat can be detected, what if there is a heartbeat but it wasnt detected? abortion supporters have strongly opposed the heartbeat law restrictions passed, so even a heartbeat isnt enough to suggest that maybe the baby might be alive. the only consistent way to determine a baby as human is at conception, when it becomes a zygote and is genetically unique, alive, and only has 9 months until it is a living, breathing, eating, pooping, crying human. just because they arent conscious doesnt mean you can kill them. if someone was in a coma but you knew that they would wake up in 9 months, it would be criminal to take them off of life support. just because the baby is inside of a woman's body doesnt mean that it isnt an independent human being.

Luke how the fuck is that controversial

its a lot more controversial than you think. 43% of women are pro life, with 5% having no opinion and 52% supporting abortion (https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/pr…hic-tables.aspx). even among women, abortion is highly controversial, which shows that its not a man vs woman issue

Noah technically murder is unlawful but abortion is legal so its not murder (not stirring up a fight, you can reply though)

thats actually interesting. my argument is saying that abortion should be counted as murder but i never realized that its technically not legally murder since abortion is legal but murder isnt

extra few notes:

killing a pregnant mother is counted as double homicide because youre killing the mother and her baby, but then just killing the baby isnt homicide at all?

i know women who have had an abortion and they have said that it is the worst decision they have ever made

ancient romans threw their babies out on the side of the road when they didnt want the baby and we would call that horrible and barbaric, yet we do the same thing but its fine because its "empowering" and a medically polished procedure. im sure in a few hundred years humans will look back at our society and look at us the same way we look at slave owners, spartans who left babies in the forest, and germans who fought for the nazi party. we are not any better than any other group of people in history, we are just blind to our own faults.

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png

• the USA is the florida of the world

the patriotism and gun culture is north korea level and it's kind of worrying they have to pray to their flag every school day like it's a deity

some act as if european countries are barely developed however most US cities are 50 years behind norway or germany

the UK has better dental care

virtue signaling white americans are the most annoying people since they "cancel" other cultures

also the education system is shit/extremely easy compared to the rest of the world - this is clearly evident by their political state

enchy a woman and a man could say the exact same thing about abortions, and yet only the womans opinion is valid?

yep men have nothing to do with it, they aren't the ones carrying it in their tummies so they have no say, it should be completely up to the woman and what she wants to do. im not trying to be sexist or anything by saying that men shouldnt have a vote on it, but like why should they? they cant get pregnant

dont like abortions? dont get one

enchy ancient romans threw their babies out on the side of the road when they didnt want the baby and we would call that horrible and barbaric, yet we do the same thing but its fine because its “empowering” and a medically polished procedure.

last time i checked abortions aren't performed like that

square the patriotism and gun culture is north korea level

yep soooo true america is literally a one party state and youll get the death penalty for speaking out against the government

Miasmus last time i checked abortions aren’t performed like that

"yet we do the same thing but its fine because its “empowering” and a medically polished procedure." not saying that i do(nt) support abortion but plz read the argument next time D:

the most controversial opinion i have is probably nsfw, gore, and "edgy humor" should be treated the same and all are equally as bad

p.s: catholicism is good

• Peanut Butter & Jelly is gross, but Peanut Butter & Honey is great.
      (Stirred PB btw, not that no-stir gross shit like JIFF)

• On food-related stuff, hotdogs are disgusting. I'm not a big fan of most meat stuff in general tbh, but hotdogs are on the absolute bottom rung of the ladder.

• I also agree with everything said by square in   square

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

bowie they aren’t the ones carrying it in their tummies so they have no say, it should be completely up to the woman and what she wants to do. im not trying to be sexist or anything by saying that men shouldnt have a vote on it, but like why should they?

you cant just say “not trying to be sexist” when you are literally being sexist. you are saying the the sex of the person who holds an opinion is more important than the value of the opinion itself. which is blatantly sexist, and the reason women werent allowed to vote until 100 years ago. and why should they be able to vote? when you cut out 50% of the populace, you tend to lose a decent amount of valuable ideas.

bowie dont like abortions? dont get one

dont like murder? dont do it. dont like rape? dont do it. people arent going to just not get an abortion because they dont like it, they are going to rally against it and fight it every way they can because they believe its a moral abomination. telling someone who believes something is morally abhorrent to just not take part is like saying countries shouldnt have fought back against nazi germany and the holocaust, they should have just not taken part

2021-09-26_17.01.50.png