RE: Video’s suspension

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • My opinion bout this:
    In this case it seems like if Video wanted to check something like this, He should have contacted staff about this "experiment" so it won't end looking like he hacked and broke the rules (from what I understood he didn't contact staff), or he should have just follow Ryan's orders (and ask about this).
    Since it was a staff member "checking the system" and not hacking to "purposely break the rules", I do believe this should have been judged differently, but i'm not one to talk about that since i'm just an op.

• This looks really bad from an executive standpoint. He had some fun with it, but the point of what he did was to show why the skyblock server wasn't ready to be released. Take the cracked accounts: he wanted to show that the network shouldn't be taking a step backwards by introducing a cracked server again. And he's right: the cold hard truth is the Skyblock server is a fiasco. It's somehow managed to get even less activity than it already had from its pre-existing community. It's obvious that little to no work was actually put into the quality of the server, since it was literally just a copy of someone else's server.

Now you've gotten yourselves into an even worse situation: you suspended one of your most dedicated administrators over trivial shit like joining the server as "cumsock." You can say that it isn't behavior you'd exepect out of a senior admin, but you know what? The attitude people had about criticism of the Skyblock server isn't behavior that I would expect from senior admins either. The constant flaming of pretty much everyone on the forum who criticized the Skyblock server was embarrassing. If you actually want your server to succeed, maybe you should have responded to criticism appropriately rather than saying things like

If you guys don't like how this server is being run, or if you don't like the direction the server is heading in - you are more than welcome to leave.

This wasn't a "We'd like to do this, what do y'all think", this is a "We're going down this direction because we feel it's in the best interests of the TF Network, tada".

If we didn't want to have backlash like what Video did on the Skyblock, you shouldn't have treated him like shit for pointing out issues on the server. Because guess what: Nobody is playing it. It's a disaster.

•   Panther with all due respect I frankly couldn’t give a shit if the skyblock server is a dogshit idea or not, that’s beyond my scope of caring in this case. As far as I’m concerned, the owner decided that they were going to do something with their server and a senior admin, someone who I am technically responsible for, went and attacked (or however you want to phrase it) it. I am going to deal with that at face value and I don’t think I was too harsh here based on the facts I had when I was making the decision.

•   elmon I don't blame you for making this decision if the information you have is only "he joined and attacked the server." My point is that the context here is extremely important. Video was being treated poorly for trying to reasonably criticize the Skyblock server on the forum, so his response was to go in-game and do what he did. In my opinion, you should reconsider with this information.

RedEastWood Ryan said that we may also have logs from the time on the new VPS

I have a theory about why Red's version and Video's conflict on some points and server logs can be really helpful for confirming if Video knew his alts before EvaXephon were banned.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Defending myself

Before I begin, I will include an incredibly important piece of logs here for you to keep in mind. This error only comes up when my Minecraft client is interrupted while it is writing a packet. Scenarios like this only happen when it's interrupted on the server-side (meaning I was kicked from the server). This does not occur when I disconnect on my own accord. I will be using this to differentiate instances of me disconnecting on my own accord vs. getting kicked/banned.

For some reason, the Skyblock server gave my client a real hard time whenever I joined it. I have excluded the errors caused by the Skyblock server that came up every time I joined to keep the logs readable.

"He was banned multiple times"

A claim frequently brought up throughout this thread is that I was ban bypassing "multiple times". A claim like this requires evidence of me knowing I was banned in the first place and showing intent to bypass in the first place. The opposing side has yet to present evidence that shows any of the following:

1. I was banned at all before EvaXephon
    2. I knew I was banned in the first place, and intentionally bypassed my ban to get around it

Until I read this thread, I was completely unaware that my previous names were even banned in the first place. I had assumed that I was only banned by IP and under the username EvaXephon. Until I was banned under EvaXephon, I had not received a ban message.

I've included the client-side logs of my sessions on the Skyblock server, along with the username I used. In between bluewestwood and cat, I believe my connection was throttled and I had issues connecting. However, on my end I was only getting blank disconnected messages. After a few seconds, I was able to get on though. This also occurred between ballsack and CuckedFunningly.

It is in EvaXephon's logs where you see a unique message about failing to write packets. As I previously mentioned before, this only comes up when the client is interrupted (usually by getting kicked or banned whilst online) whilst it's writing a packet to send to the server, not when leaving on your own accord. This would explain why it only shows up in the EvaXephon session, and not the others. The point I'm trying to make here is simple: I wasn't kicked with a ban message until the name EvaXephon was banned, which means either I was banned before but I didn't know because I was not kicked with a ban message yet or the claim I was banned or bypassed more than once intentionally is completely false. I bypassed only once, and I made it perfectly clear what I was joining for in the username ip_check.

I'll admit my handling with ip_check wasn't great and could have been better, but there's nothing I can do about it now except learn and move on.

"He hacked and cheated multiple times"

True. Most of the anticheat detections were from me deliberately setting it off (using fly and going off an edge repeatedly) to mess with Red. I'm cheeky like that.

image.png

• This incident shows why regressing to cracked is a bad idea, especially because even if video didn't do this little stunt, someone with actual malice might.

Also, calling what video did as "attacking" is pretty dumb. "Misconduct" is a better term because he didn't abuse any exploits or even attempt to crash it. Logging in as "ballsack" or "CumRag" and probably shitposting in chat is clearly not causing harm to the server.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• To preface this reply, I'd like to say that this suspension is controlled by Elmon, and not me. I'm not sure why this has turned into everyone vs redeastwood again, but hey ho - this is my response. I am responding to Video here, and have disregarded any (mostly useless and inflammatory) comments by others.

You knew what you were doing was wrong.

I made it quite clear that cheating and exploiting was not allowed, and you knew it wasn't. You continued to cheat and hack even after you had been sanctioned by myself for it. I initially told you to stop cheating, and you ignored me. I then smited you for cheating, which you once again ignored.

[00:21:10] [Async Chat Thread - #11/INFO]: [m<[0;37;22m[[0;31;22m[21mOwner[0;37;22m] [0;31;22mRedEastWood[m> video stop cheating[m

[00:21:16] [Server thread/INFO]: RedEastWood issued server command: /smite videogamesm12 cheating

On top of this actual sanction, I told you numerous times not to cheat, and that it was against the rules. You ignored me and continued anyways. By cheating, you are breaking skyblock rules. I (as the owner) explicitly told you that cheating was against the rules, which you ignored.

"I was doing this to prove a point"

Point blank, you weren't, and this time it isn't my word vs your word, its your word vs your word. You were doing this "for the lulz" and to take the piss. I don't understand why you felt this was at all appropriate, considering this is a TF server - would you do shit like this on the FR01 server "for the lulz"?

https://eastwood.red/PJUTI8fj

Heck, even in this reply you admit that it was you being cheeky, and that you were cheating solely to mess with me.

videogamesm12 Most of the anticheat detections were from me deliberately setting it off (using fly and going off an edge repeatedly) to mess with Red. I'm cheeky like that.

The only point you have against me was the fact that you weren't banned on all of the accounts. To be fair, I did confuse me smiting you with me banning you since it was so long ago, but I do apologise for claiming that I banned your accounts. But your entire defence is only about that one slip-up on my end. You haven't defended yourself on why you shouldn't be suspended, and rightfully so since this suspension was fully justified (something you claim yourself)

https://eastwood.red/czWStO0d

The end point here is essentially that you broke server rules, ignored the owner telling you to not do something, logged in with a load of alts and hacked simply to annoy the owner (as is self admitted), and you fully deserve this suspension. It isn't even that long, it's just seven days.

Again, if you have an issue with this suspension, go annoy Elmon instead of me. This literally is not my job, yet somehow this suspension has become my sole responsibility. From people on discord claiming that I somehow orchestrated this suspension out of spite, to other people claiming that I'm now a bad person because Video got suspended - i had absolutely nothing to do with this suspension, if you have an issue with it, tell Elmon.