Lyicx thinks Windows 8.1 is a good operating system

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @simplynick#10041 so like, you've just looked up an optimization guide and disabled services and added whatever the guy told you to add right?

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#10046 I was researching around for ways to disabled the stupid IE and homescreen advertising for win10 - Ended up with this guy's tutorial which showed me how to get rid of all the useless bullshit that windows 10 has.

• @simplynick#10049 ideally when you need a fresh install, LTSC normally has all that shit cleaned up for the most part. its still Windows 10 with its shit core but like its better then traditional consumer versions with all the bloat

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#10051 well, not actually. Version 1803-1809 (LTSC) still has some hidden features that can make computer a little slower unlike versions 1507-1607 (LTSB). But you can disable them and also use ShutUp10 to disable spying and other shit. In that way, you can get back performance feel like 7 or 8 on windows 10 1803 and maybe even on 1903-20H2.

I havent tested yet but i know for sure.
    I also felt that performance drop on welcome screen, which u stay 5 seconds.
    On 8.1 and 10 versions 1507-1607 you wait only 1 second on welcome screen. So yeah, i suppose these features are the problem.

• I've used windows 8.1 and can say it performed the worst out of any version I've used. Windows 7 is of course god tier but Enterprise LTSC is the best option for modern windows. It's getting harder and harder to run 7 on newer hardware understandably

• @Telesphoreo#11060 I prefer 8.1 or 10 2015 LTSB. But Windows 7 still preferred most.

Newer versions of Windows 10 from 1803 to latest, no matter if enterprise or not, still have some hidden features and other settings that make the computer slow.

• @Panaghioti#11070 LTSB 2015 is by far the worst version mainly due to it being the RTM release and having many glaring performance issues and lack of security measures that were mostly introduced in 1607.

there's literally nothing wrong with LTSC 2019. it runs really good and i've tried following those "disable these services to optimize windows" guides but they end up removing half the functionality. this is useful for a POS system or terminal, and in that case it's probably a fantastic guide. but for an average desktop person disabling random services without understanding the consequences can screw you over

• I personally love how windows 8 runs, I am alot more Oriented with it than Windows 10, just because When i was younger my family had a home Computer running windows 8. I didn't really have any problems with Windows 8 and there are alot of things i like more about windows 8 that i Don't like as much in Windows 10.

• @lyicx#11381 And now that iv'e used both, I can say That There are some Useless features that they added to Windows 10, For example, cortana. Not many people use cortana on a day to day basis, and Most people dont Use cortana at All.
    And the windows 8 Stock Wallpapers (at least in my opinion) are much better than the windows 10 ones. Now Yeah, i Somewhat like windows, Windows 8 being the best windows Operating system, But if we are talking about a good Operating system, MacOS catalina Is by far the best Operating system I have used. So easy to navigate and Way more simple than windows. And Yeah, you lose the ability to play most Games on steam, And alot of Beta downloads are Only on windows Until they Fully release, But MacOS catalina Is just really good.

• @chargenation1158#11384 i have to agree with you, windows 10 (Atleast traditional consumer versions Home/Pro) come with a handful of things most users wont even touch. saying that, windows 8 also has some things i dont see normal consumers using but thats mostly in the metro interface which if you can get something like StartIsBack you can evade the metro UI completely, at most you might have to use PC Settings which you can accees from there or C H A R M S, which is pretty sick.

and i keep forgetting 10 has some default backgrounds that are not the generic windows hero logo i've seen over 1000 times over the years

i also cant give an opinion on mac os since i've never mained it but looking from the screenshots it looks amazing

awesomeist tf blokey