The Backlog: Part 1 (November 2020 to April 2021)

• The backlog on the server has gotten to a point where it has become impractical and overwhelming. One of the things I wish to do as an interim owner is utilize my developer position in tandem with my newly acquired rank to go through the backlog and clear out outdated or non-essential tickets. To help achieve this I've created this thread so that we as a community can find out what should be shitcanned and what should be kept.

Here's the first set of backlogged issues that I am considering clearing out. Bolded text (if present) represents the reason why I'm interested in closing it.

• FS-6: Add hats to the server shop
    • FS-8: Implement a coin/auction system (I don't see what the point in this would be)
    • FS-9: Implement sign shops utilizing coins
    • FS-42: Investigate CoreProtect alternatives (obsolete, CoreProtect is open source)
    • FS-66: Look into implementing a new shop system network-wide (should be migrated to a network level issue instead of the Freedom server)
    • FS-67: Look into making TotalFreedomMod support multiple languages (impractical, too much shit)
    • FS-104: Look into adding BlockBall, a soccer game plugin (I'm not sure what the point of adding it would be since it wouldn't really fit in with the concept of the server)
    • FS-105: Look into adding the MobArena plugin to the server
    • FS-116: Generally improve the HTTPD server (the HTTPD server is getting shitcanned in the future anyways)
    • FS-119: Figure out how to allow schematic creators to overwrite their own schematics (requires modification to the WorldEdit plugin to work, which would conflict with the need to keep most plugins stock)
    • FS-128: Add a chat slow mode
    • FS-140: Investigate re-adding the TARDIS plugin (I have zero intentions to support adding such a massive fucking security hazard to the server after it somehow managed to wipe the flatlands several times before)
    • FS-142: Allow OP's to chose from different glowing effects (not possible unless we use the in game teams)
    • FS-172: Look into adding TrainCarts Coasters (requires the TrainCarts plugin, which is reported to crash the server very easily and thus will likely not get added)
    • FS-179: Add a version of /back that lets you go by history (requires modifying the EssentialsX plugin, the suggestion had more objects than vouches)

Some issues have not been included despite being on the backlog, and that is mostly because I need to do additional research first in cases like OpenAudioMC before deciding whether or not to clear it out or just go forward with it. Please discuss each issue in this thread and explain why it should be kept or scrapped.

• I mean, each and every single one of these suggestions has been suggested by a member of the community and then, through community feedback, been seen as something people want.

I wouldn't want to start shitcanning things people actually want just because they're small features or whatever. Low priority or remain on the backlog? Sure, but not deleting them entirely.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I also agree with cleaning out some of this, a number of things listed are irrelevant now, or will be soon.

"Dude, my screen is completely purple, I see Barney and I still die" - ExtesyyTV, 2022

• All of those are still relevant... Would suggest reading the forum posts that link to them. I can write up a longer post when I'm not swamped in other stuff but they all need doing.

I did. I've also explained the issues with implementing many of the tickets in question.

i mean these suggestions were approved for a reason… they community wants them

They wanted them in November 2020 - April 2021, when things were different and development wasn't so badly behind to the point where it became overwhelming. The point of this is to cut down on the amount of shit.

• Issue #s 6, 8, 9, and 66 are all valid since I am migrating the shop into a standalone plugin. We can modify these as needed to adjust for the specified suggestions.

Issue #42 is backlogged because as of right now coreprotect works as intended and does the job quite well. We can honestly discard it and if it needs to be reopened we can do so.

Issue #67 is silly; English is becoming more and more the universal language. Not to mention that in order to do this we must either

1. Create our own region files AND build a language system, OR
    2. Do some unsightly hacky shit using NMS to hijack and utilize the region files and language system provided by Minecraft.

Neither is a good option.

Issue #104... the fact this was actually approved is ridiculous

Issue #105 is actually a decent idea and should stay open.

Issue #116 is still valid since we are (for now) still using the HTTPd server.

Issue #119 is only possible if we give users permission to overwrite all schematics, or as video said, modify worldedit which is both a disaster and a catastrophe from a development standpoint.

I dont think I need to explain why this is a bad idea.

Issue #128 - I'm not entirely sure what this means?? I need more information before I can tell you whether or not it's relevant.

Issue #140 is stupid and I agree with videos logic on this one.

Issue #142 is possible, and it will probably become a shop item.

Issue #172 - TrainCarts is an awful mess of spaghetti code and it's a miracle it runs at all.

Issue #179 is also possible and we don't need to modify essentials to do it; we can simply add a new command to TFM.