tf!start for OPs

Hey everyone. Ashaz here.

So sometimes when the server dies or shuts itself, OPs have to call admins. Sometimes admins don’t respond. Anyway, I think we should allow tf!start for everyone including OPs. As long as we know it won’t restart TF every time it’s ran, then it’ll be okay.

Normally I wouldn't have posted this because he's forum banned, but I wanted to hear what people thought. The main issue I can come up with is that if the server is down for maintenance or something and everyone would be starting it constantly. To bypass this I can easily add a toggle for this feature.

Thoughts?

• object for miwo's reason. Also, there may be some times when the server is off intentionally, it has happened before where admins have been asked not to use tf!start. Ops will use tf!start anyway.

Please don't make it habit to post suggestions on Ashaz's behalf because then there's no point in banning him.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I agree with Steven, having a panel or a system that automatically restarts the server incase it crashes.

I dont think OPs need tf!start since most of the time the server needs to be stopped or killed before starting it once again. (If the server ever goes down, its better to let the Admins know and better off the executive team)

• I'm not really happy with giving ops access to start the server, it's not necessary.

I'm working in slower time at the moment on sorting the automatic restart script out which paper can invoke if it detects a crash in order to restart things, and need to make some other tweaks to the scripts anyway.

Think this is the solution to a problem that doesn't really exist as well. If the server has gone down odds generally are that it's crashed and still running so would still need admin intervention.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'm going to decline this one for the time being. We have plenty of admins and the real issue is not that we don't have enough admins, it's that a lot sit in server chat talking when the server has crashed and said it went offline... This is a staff and doing their job problem, not a technical one for once.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK