Wild1145 - Breaking UK Law (copyright infringement)

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@'Ryan' No this is more akin to you getting 20 speeding tickets, then getting executed for running a child over doing 90 in a 20.

I removed this analogy before you even posted because I knew you'd hyperbolize it lol. My point is nobody had ever been punished for what either of the players were doing, to enforce it swiftly and without warning is disingenuous.

@'Ryan' Which was exactly what I stated I would do when I put my name forward to be owner… And is exactly what I have done. I don’t see how that is a surprise?

I would've protested if I were active and I'm certain other would too if they knew what the partnership would develop into

@'Ryan' I absolutely care what the community thinks

"I’m the owner of the network and can frankly ban whoever I want for whatever reason I want" In response to my thread that had immense support

@'Ryan' I don’t care to be blackmailed into doing what you and a handful of others want just because you’re more interested in the power.

Blackmail implies you're being threatened with information. Literally no idea how this relates. A large body of support asking for something isn't blackmail

@'Ryan' You mean the one server that was actually really active until our community with your type of toxic behaviour alienated them and made them all leave?

How is what I'm doing toxic in any way? And how can you cite the sole reason for the server declining as "toxic behavior." Maybe it was initially popular… because it was new, and when people got bored of it; they simply left.

• Given it's clear this is no longer being treated as a genuine report, the thread will be handled accordingly.

As I said, if folks have an issue with what I am doing / how I am doing it, they're welcome to make suggestions / reach out properly.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Miwojedk Addition of skyblock and anarchy and removal of SMP. Transformation of TF into a network partnered with AMG. . Certain inconsistent applications of category 0 offenses with players that Ryan holds grudges against. And of course the whole October incident.

Given more time I could think of more but it really shouldn't be necessary

jwmphall Addition of skyblock and anarchy

For clarity, Skyblock was bringing us players at the start, and Anarchy is something people have begged for for quite some time.

jwmphall removal of SMP

Nobody was left to run it, the people that were running when I took over both quit and nobody was willing to take it over.

Just wanted to clear those points up.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' Skyblock was bringing us players at the start,

Yes but after a large volume of backlash no decision to rethink the addition was ever brought up.

@'Ryan' Anarchy is something people have begged for for quite some time.

There was definitely some demand when Panther was EMM for a creative anarchy server, but I saw little to nobody asking for a survival anarchy.

@'Ryan' Nobody was left to run it

I assume this was prior to your appointment of owners of individual servers? Because I've seen countless requests to bring it back, and I believe we have the means to do so - but none have bore fruit

also @"simplynick"#11 please dont power post

jwmphall Yes but there was a large volume of backlash and no decision to rethink the addition was ever brought up.

The decision has been pretty consistently reviewed behind the scenes, the bottom line is that action bought in more players to the network than pretty much anything else we tried… It was a net benefit.

jwmphall There was definitely some demand when Panther was EMM for a creative anarchy server, but I saw little to nobody asking for a survival anarchy.

There was demand for anarchy, everyone assumed creative anarchy, I wanted to try something different to make our server unique and actually different, because that's what the community said we needed. It was a 4-6 week test to see what worked and what didn't, and it's clear that it was a pretty big failure given the lack of players on it.

jwmphall I assume this was prior to your appointment of owners of individual servers? Because I’ve seen countless requests to bring it back, and I believe we have the means to do so - but none have bore fruit

It was, it was pretty early on in my time as owner. I think the idea of an SMP is still (and always has been) something I'm open to, the issue has been nobody has been able to provide a good spin on it that will actually attract players / retain any players… I apreciate a small handful of our current players are into the idea of it, but we need to have game-modes that stand a fighting chance of actively attracting new players as well… The previous suggestions I'd seen for SMP lacked that, and again, last time we had an SMP the community wanted it gone because it was too much like every other SMP…

Wild1145

@'Ryan' The decision has been pretty consistently reviewed behind the scenes, the bottom line is that action bought in more players to the network than pretty much anything else we tried… It was a net benefit.

The issue is that players clearly didn't want it - regardless of what went on behind the scenes. Even if you say its was a net benefit, greater benefits would've been gained focusing development of a project approved of by the community This, for the record, is partially what people mean when we say TF is becoming corporatized.

@'Ryan' There was demand for anarchy, everyone assumed creative anarchy, I wanted to try something different to make our server unique

The thing is, survival anarchy isn't unique. While I think creative anarchy is a terrible idea, it is actually unique. Again, the players are usually right when it comes to predicting the success of an addition.

jwmphall The issue is that players clearly didn’t want it - regardless of what went on behind the scenes. Even if you say its was a net benefit, greater benefits would’ve been gained focusing development of a project approved of by the community

It's great to say that, but the reality is we have 0 developers that are active, so new projects that are actually things the community think they want, is really fucking difficult. There's a lot of game-modes that have been drafted as "Things we should do" but until the current dev situation un-fucks itself that can't happen, and Skyblock allowed us to merge two communities together (Or at least try) which might then have attracted more developers.

If you can find me some developers willing to work on these things because they want to work on them and get nothing in return other than the fact they've developed for the server, that'd be great, and we'll be able to do a lot of interesting things.

jwmphall The thing is, survival anarchy isn’t unique. While I think creative anarchy is a terrible idea, it is actually unique. Again, the players are usually right when it comes to predicting the success of an addition.

The thing is it's not unique, there are a lot of servers in TF's very close "Competitive Sphere" that are doing effectively the same thing… I will also point out, being brutally honest the community has a horrific track record when it comes to a success rate… We've tried and failed to launch more SMP's then you can throw a stick at all of which "Were wanted by the community".

The bottom line is I don't disagree that some of this and there's a lot of stuff if I had the people I would be doing differently, but I don't have the luxury of doing interesting game-modes that require actual development effort which is what a lot of them really are.

Again, more than happy to take suggestions for new game-modes as long as there's something unique and that will attract & retain players, because that's the current issue with what we have today… I also know I am behind on the suggestions I manage, so there are possibly game-mode suggestions in there I've not yet seen.

Wild1145

jwmphall I’ve seen countless requests to bring it back

And Ashaz sort of delivered it by starting an almost vanilla SMP server on events-02 and leaving it open for a long time… it's died out pretty quickly like the temp anarchy one. I don't see any real support for a SMP server as of now.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• For clarity and transparency, one of the individuals that was heavily involved in this thread has admitted to being a bypasser of an indefinitely banned player (Unrelated to the thread and the individuals mentioned in the thread) and as such their forum account was banned and all posts deleted. This is why there might be some weird context and missing responses in here.

Wild1145

Tizz And Ashaz sort of delivered it by starting an almost vanilla SMP server on events-02 and leaving it open for a long time… it’s died out pretty quickly like the temp anarchy one. I don’t see any real support for a SMP server as of now.

I blame the lack of success of that server to the network system. Players join when they see other players on. That's why sometimes the freedom server hits \~25 players. If there's nobody on - people are less likely to join. The Freedom server is obviously the most popular server, so when players see 15 people on, they just assume a majority are on the freedom server and join. If the SMP were a separate IP people would be more inclined to join, even with a smaller player pool. There is a significant demand for SMP servers, a server I assist in running has reached surprising popularity (often more players than TF) despite not offering much in the way of "unique" gameplay because the public interest for survival is higher than creative.

Also players don't want to join a server being toted as "temporary" as it feels like a waste to commit time to.