Wild1145 - Breaking UK Law (copyright infringement)

@'anemone' I feel it incredibly hypocritical to sanction @Ivan for a rule that you’re already breaking.

If you made the effort to read the thread, you'd know already that that is not the full reason he is banned.

If you also bothered to actually look on the site the image is hosted on, there is nothing to suggest there is actually any copyright over the image in the first place (Google simply tells you it "may" be subject because it doesn't know if it is or is not) and unlike Ivan, nobody has complained about me using that image, nor have I pretended to be Kevin or someone associated with his website.

As I suspect this will get out of hand / be the usual bullshit, I'll leave it unlocked, but you're picking an argument over something you both haven't bothered to understand properly, and that ultimately has very little to do with the reason Ivan is now category 0 banned, something he wouldn't be if he didn't decide to go on the offensive when I said I'd check what the original ban terms were.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'anemone' Another thing, think of the thousands of profile pictures on the server that are under some sort of copyright protection, yet you choose to sanction this one individual?

If you want to open that can of worms, I'm more than happy to go down that path. I'm not sure many will appreciate it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' If you want to open that can of worms, I’m more than happy to go down that path. I’m not sure many will appreciate it.

Lets open it. Maybe start with admins with superhero pfps maybe. Or maybe like characters from popular tv shows like spongebob (TM).

• The image shown in here is not copyrighted according to piscount, the industry-leading registry of owner-identified images. If you can find the exact copyright holders and information for this image please share, but a Google image search doesn't do much, as google will always say "Images may be subject to copyright" no matter what image you look at

Until further evidence is shown this report is invalid

• I hope this is a joke. At first, viewing Ivan's thread, I did not believe it merit a whole ass permanent ban. But then Ryan actually explained it and I saw proof, and what was happening was another story. Acting as a company's employee is not cool because if anything happens– people may believe you and contact Ryan. Sure, nothing happened, but it was still a cheap joke. Even then, I wouldn't have said it merit a permanent ban, but then he took a cheap shot at Ryan and his company. That wasn't the best idea and I don't know what could've been gained from that.

• This is stupid. Under Seth people complained about his chaotic ownership, now under Ryan people complain about his no bullshit approach. Ivan impersonated as an employee of Atlas and Ryan reacted. It could be debated if an indefinite ban was a justified punishment to a stupid joke (and the rest of Ivan's numerous offenses), but there was still reason behind it. This is going to do nothing but escalate a situation that shouldn't even exist.

• @'anemone'
    What do you think will result of this thread?
    I sincerely ask, since I don't think you have done a lot of thinking before posting this. (As eventually explained by Ryan, Ivan's case was a bit different and it warrented at least some kind of punishment, not that I agree with the cat 0 being it, but at the end of the day that's the owner's decision.)

It needs to be understood that Ryan is the owner, essentially the person keeping this server alive. You may not always agree with his decisions like me, but atleast appreciate that the server which had already died is now ok thanks to him.

And yes it's right that mark's/windows'/seth's/whoever's era was different than ryan's and well know why? Because they aren't the same person and their thinking processes are very different.
    Ironically, I have a feeling that i'm gonna get a (forum) ban for de railing, but ya know that's my 2 cents on the subject.

• A key disparity between the current owner and previous owners is that Ryan is treating this role as a professional one. He has worked to corporatise the server, going as far as restricting the developers to ensure everything works in a professional and office-like way. As a result, the running of the server is much more organised - people can see a flow of work done, a strict hierarchy with staff, and a more standardised application function for roles that would previously just have been handed out.

However, people don’t seem to differentiate a professional owner and server from an amateurish one. The reason people think Ryan is a tyrant is because they have been under Seth’s tenure as owner, or have heard about times when the owner was much more lenient. With corporatisation comes stricter enforcement of power; i doubt you can go into any store’s shop and demand the owner makes changes, or that the owner sympathises with you. This metaphor will certainly go over some people’s heads, and they will say that this server is nothing like a shop - but that’s the thing, it is becoming more like that. The server is changing. It’s becoming more like a business, and in a business the owner (the entrepreneur) is sovereign.

You are all consuming content that Ryan puts out, and while I have relentlessly gone against Ryan in the past and I do think corporatisation of this server is not the way forward, we can’t act confused and hurt especially since Ryan made it clear he would go down this path from day 1.

TLDR the server is becoming more corporate and professional, and with that comes a hierarchy and stricter enforcing of rules, and a loss of certain interactions with the owner.

• In reality, even after Ryan has been bashed multiple times by the community and others, he still responds and replies in professional and polite manners. Not many people can do that, so huge respect on his part for that. He's not a bad person.

• vouch, i think we should bring back marcocorriero and make him the owner!

just kidding, object. i think this is more made to prove a point than a serious complaint. i do agree with the point but i find the report itself absurd.