Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I’m not really proposing anything in this post but I want to say, right now the server does not have enough admins.

for about the 8th day in a row, this morning around 8 AM EST, hammelhopfan has come on and done intense damage to builds all over the server, trollpotted, wrote toxic things in chat and caused chaos, while the online players and mbs stood there helplessly.

it seems every time hammelhopfan or another major active griefer comes on, there seem to be no admins, and nothing to stop him from doing what he does best, being a spawn of Satan.

what the main problem is not that there are no admins, but that no admins seem to be on from 3AM-10AM EST every day, leaving the server free to be controlled by people like hammel.

this wouldn’t be that big of a deal if coreprotect worked, and or if we had nbt paste to fix griefs properly on our own, so it leaves the online players scrambling around freaking out and desperately pinging admins to help save their builds before irreversible damage is done.

What we need is to

1. Accept more people as admin
    2. Make a more effective way of getting admins aware that there is someone like hammelhopfan online, improved report system
    3. Get more admins that will be able to be online at these critical hours
      so yeah we need something done about this
  • this is a problem im personally aware of and something i've wanted to mention quite a bit but i didn't want to sound like a bitch about it.

recently i've been sitting on the server all day and i've seen appearences of at most 2 or so other admins if im lucky and maybe more at rare occasions. but normally i come on and im the only actual admin. i've been staying up till god knows what time in my area watching the server, getting my hours up since im in competition and waiting for certain people day in and out. its left me too tired in the mornings to the point where i just sleep till one in the afternoon. probably when hammel comes on.

but most of the time im the only admin at the time. coping with the abominal ping at current time. and dysfunctional coreprotect databases and handling multiple situations at once. i feel mental saying this because like im typing this in the car and im not actually on right now.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• Just thought id write a quick reply to your statement as a Manager of Atlas Media Ltd (Owners of the server) not as an admin.
    While I appreciate your concerns and agree something needs to be done it isnt as simple as accepting more admins.

1. We cant accept people as admins if they havent applied, as you can see there havent been many apps recently
    2. I agree the report system isnt the greatest and we will look at doing something about this. But at this time of day is usually when most admins are unfortunately busy since admin work is voluntary. Also the times you mention are work/school hours for european admins and normally bed/get ready hours for most of the American admins of which both of these continents are our main playerbase.
    3. Again I refer to my first point, we cant magic new admins out of nowhere plus we cant force people to be online at anytime due to it being a voluntary role.

Finally we are constantly working on things serverside to improve and CoreProtect is on this list and is of high importance we are working on it but these things do take time.

• Sorry I’ve been inactive, I’m usually the more hands on admin around here - I have a thesis due and I’m spending majority of my "free" time doing that (it’s not really free time tbh since other time is taken up by lectures)

I'm sure Darth would have been happy to help if you sent a dm, he’s usually very active too.

• I think the solution to this is to accept applications only from specific timezones. While this is a generalization, the vast majority of the admins here are either in the US or somewhere near the UK, which doesn't really cover all the timezones of various players on the server. Other servers can function with fewer admins because they're usually spread out through different timezones.

• This has been brought up many times over the past few years. The two points that are always mentioned are that we have too many admins doing nothing, and simultaneously there are timezones where we still have too few admins. There is no easy solution to the second point because players from those timezones are apparently simply not applying.

@Panther#3205 But we are already accepting everyone who is qualified. Restricting applicants from certain timezones does not magically create more applicants from other timezones.