Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Happy 11th Birthday to TotalFreedom!!!

In celebration of the original founding of this server on the 11th of November, 2010 I am proud to present an event which is sure to impress

Be sure to join the event's server in order to check out this new take on MiniSMP, and to have some fun

Features

• An actual nether dimension
    • A Semi-Custom Bossfight
    • Random Events every 30 minutes
    • Voiceacting*
    • Custom Music*
    • Cutscenes
    • And More

* if you want to have the full experience please download This Resource Pack

Disclaimers

• If you have the resource pack, all sounds are on the Ambient/Environment sound setting, so make sure to turn that up
    • Obviously, follow the same rules as anywhere else, but also no hacking or anything, this isn't anarchy
    • The event will last for roughly 10 hours
  • for what its worth, this was his own thing he was planning.

i never wanted another miniSMP but i never made the call to stop it. still though there wont be any from me

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

•   RedEastWood No but I took it upon my self to plan and develop the datapacks and other custom things used in this event as part of my ECD duties, and as Lyicx no longer wished to continue doing miniSMP's I took full control over this project. So this is more of a oneoff exception, as i started work on this pack early september

•   RedEastWood not like this. i cant really pass it up this time though since he already started work on something for the 11th anniversary and i had nothing planned at the moment because of other shite. this is more of a one off thing

have said next time he'll need to apply for it tho, should've been more consistent with what i had down my bad

awesomeist tf blokey

• I didn't even realise this was about TF's 11th Birthday, even after reading this thread, until Nick said Happy Birthday in chat.

I'm gonna be honest, this event really should have been held over the weekend, and announced early. The reason for this is because people have things like school and work on weekdays and we could've actually had a proper celebration on a weekend. The event should've been announced early too so people could book time away. We discussed this in admin chat and individuals said they'd even book days off for this event. I would also like to add that you initially had plans to set the start time of the event for the time you come home from school (this was said in admin chat).

It also seems like there's been no involvement of the ECM (who manages retention in the community) and the EMM (who manages the marketing of our community). Instead, it looks like the event was held by the ECD team. The one thing I don't understand is, why weren't the other Executives involved? Were they even asked to be involved?

Other than that, I hope this event went successful.

Happy birthday to TotalFreedom I guess...

You! It also seems like there’s been no involvement of the ECM

couldn't answer your question earlier in dms, was engaged in uhm, lets just say personal matters...

i didn't ask i dont believe but i allowed it to go ahead anyhow (because im a total spastic and forgot my policy had no clause for this and like i said, he had something of decent quality planned way before and i hadn't) and have arranged the setup on the events server but for the most part the creation of the datapack and the planning went down to dragon on his own accord iirc

awesomeist tf blokey

• I participated and my only gripe was the "fake lag" thing. The game was absolutely unplayable until enough bitching caused it to be turned off. There would be no way that we'd tolerate half an hour of being basically unable to move properly or interact with anything of any sort. Other than that, it went pretty well when I was on.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   Alco_Rs11 the interaction thing was weird, its only supposed to make it harder to move, but i geuss when you are doing that on a server it also made it harder for the game to check when you are interacting with something, idk. i personally find it kind of fun to play with those kinds of limitations but ill keep that in mind for the future

• The event has now ended

I will be posting the origional world file (with fixes because by god a ton of stuff was broken) as well as a video showing off all of the many things which were broken at a later time, but i hope you all enjoyed the event, we only got to see a few of the 20 effects so thats a rip, but still. The full soundtrack for this event will be released on the 4th of december with an extra bonus track, so be on the lookout for that

• just a bit of criticism but before I say this i'd like to make clear that this was a very good idea and was honestly executed very well for the most part, please don't think this is me saying it's bad - next time we do something like this, please make it on a weekend or something so more people play, because otherwise it ends up a bit underwhelming

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg