Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • opinions on my new pc
    64 STACK gb of ram 1TB of storage
    intel i7
    Desktop Pc
    blue gaming Speakers
    New we start With the cheap things that doent matter
    Capsys keyboard
    old school office mouse
    Now with storage
    SSD really expinsive

quick plan change : the goddamn price is high iam going to change The ram to 32 and the space to a 500 GB & Who NEEDS SOUNDS I DONT NEED IT & thats all iguess

• you've made this post to brag, but it doesn't make you look good. if you haven't bought this yet, i'll try to save you from the pain that will come 3-6 months from now. if you have already bought it, there is no easy way to say this, you have made many expensive mistakes.

@'Anes' 64 STACK gb of ram

there are perfectly legitimate reasons to need 64 gb of ram, but you strike me as more of a gamer than a data scientist or professional after effects user. if i'm right, you'll probably never make use of more than 16gb. please don't waste your money.

@'Anes' intel i7

the numbers that come after are just as important as the beginning. this reads like only getting halfway through a sentence.

@'Anes' blue gaming Speakers

i thought you meant Blue brand until i realized they only make mics, headphones, and accessories for those things. i would be suspicious of any speakers marketed as "gaming speakers". the audio equipment industry is classy and pricey. i suspect you probably don't have your own space, so i would recommend investing in a good professional pair of headphones. it will be a better experience and it's only fair to those you live with.

@'Anes' Capsys keyboard

are you algerian, or does it come in a combo deal with a prebuilt pc? this is an algerian keyboard costing the equivalent of 5 pounds or 7 usd. this brand isn't available on any english-speaking storefront.

!even if the listing had "gaming keyboard" in the title, the keyboard should be considered temporary, or if possible entirely avoided, because it will break in a few months, and it will be very uncomfortable and loud until then. for your replacement look for one with cherry or gateron switches or buy a membrane keyboard instead. if you specifically want a gaming keyboard, avoid logitech g.

@'Anes' 1TB of storage

1TB SSD storage is the minimum i could ever recommend someone in good conscience for a new desktop build. maybe 500 if it's for a boomer facebook user. times are changing. october is also a bad time of year to buy storage. waiting just a month or two from now would save you 70 pounds/100 bucks.

also op will definitely skip to here instead of reading all of this which is the mindset that gets you in this situation to begin with.

also this is a bypasser

•   RedEastWood honestly i think its more down to what you're going to use it for. if its pure storage for files like videos and photos n shit of that nature (which i'd imagine anyone with a portable storage device would use it for) then yeah it'd still perform really well but you could probably get a portable HDD for like cheaper for the same amount of storage if not more at the same price and it'd still be fine.

not gonna take into consideration the lifespan of the two that much as im not well versed but SSDs from what i've heard have a set lifespan albeit quite a while and whilst hard drives theoretically have longer lifespans forever they're alot more prone to fail and not very shock resistant due to physical parts. i dont think that'd be a factor but thats the most i know on the lifespan front

if you're installing games or operating systems or just applications that'd benefit from the higher speeds on it then yeah a portable SSD might be worth it. although if you are installing games and only using it for one system then perhaps look into an internal SSD as even sata i believe out performs a usb connection

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

FromTimeToTime there are perfectly legitimate reasons to need 64 gb of ram, but you strike me as more of a gamer than a data scientist or professional after effects user. if i’m right, you’ll probably never make use of more than 16gb. please don’t waste your money.

when i was getting my ram upgrade last year, i was so tempted to go for 32GB (maximum my motherboard supports apparently) just for shits and giggles but i can confirm i've never maxed it out at 16GB and i play a decent amount of games and have used heavy ass psds for photoshop and editing

i cannot recommend 8GB of ram anymore either. 16 is like bare minimum now imo

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey