Discord ban appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I've been informed by a few administrators that after Wild banned me from this server's Discord community on February he created a thread which listed that punishment as "unappealable," which in my opinion sets a ridiculous precedent for barring certain users from this community simply because it would be easier to brush them aside than to hear an appeal on their behalf. Seeing as I did not violate Discord's terms of service by doing what I did, there is no reason to prevent me from issuing an appeal.

fussy (fssp#4894) - Violations of both unappealable cat one offenses by posting illegal content on Discord and therefore violating their T&C's and by promoting hate speech platforms on our Discord not just breaking the discord T&C's but also bringing ATLAS's reputation into risk.

I have never posted illegal content on Discord by any stretch of the imagination nor have I violated Discord's terms of service. The messages I posted in #general-discussion were removed rather haphazardly while I was banned, but they contained nothing more than text and to claim that I posted "illegal content" on your Discord server has no truth to it whatsoever.

Wild also decided to mend his ban reason after the fact to include that I am somehow in violation of Discord's terms of service because I created a forum which has very few rules, geteso, and because of the things that people post on that forum ('guilty by association' fallacy).

Upon a detailed review of the Discord Terms of Service, and by extension the Discord Community Guidelines which are required to be followed as part of following the discord TOS, we have identified that your historic advertising of the platform which you also chose to run and administrate in your own time in our view is highly likely to violate the following sections of the community guidelines, and as such your ban has been adjusted to mark you as being in violation of rule 1.A of the discord rules.

Section 1A primarily bars harassment, the creation of Discord servers for the purpose of hate speech, making threats of violence, and the evasion of punishments which are handed out by community officials, none of which I am guilty of. While it is true that I have advertised my forum in the past, I did so before that forum was "banned" from this server, and I have never linked to it since because that would be a violation of this server's rules.

Because the circumstances surrounding my ban from this server's Discord community do not seem to hold water, and several of Wild's posts flat-out contradict each other (I have never heard of an "unappealable" ban before I saw a thread that only exists in the admin lounge), I've taken the opportunity to write an appeal which explains what I did before I was banned.

1. Your Discord tag: fssp#2048
    2. If known, who banned you? Wild.
    3. Do you know approximately what time you were banned? I have the date as 02/07/2021, but I don't have the exact time that I was banned.
    4. Why do you think you were banned? I replied to a video posted by Shrimp of an older man saying "big black ***** balls HD" with the following message: "Darkened ethnic tentacles in high definition." It was a stupid joke and in poor taste, but I don't think it was worth being banned for. I believe that it could've justified a warning or kick from the server, but both Shrimp and I were banned for this.
    5. Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. I think the main reason I should be unbanned is because of the length that has passed since the punishment and due to why it was handed out. Though what I did was stupid, I couldn't have imagined that I would have been banned from the server for more than five months for replying to a video that I thought was funny. I promise not to joke about that kind of stuff again.
  • On the basis that you were actually banned for making this remark (if not then please do correct me),

"Darkened ethnic tentacles in high definition."

Vouch for release as it's been quite a while since your original ban, and on a mutual consensus that the ban for such a remark was rather petty and handed in ill-taste

•   Shdwo Yes, I was banned after I sent that message and Shrimp was also banned from the Discord server at the same time. I chatted with Darth about it two days later (iirc they were a Discord Moderator at the time).

As I said in my appeal, it was a stupid thing to say but I don't think I should've been banned this long because of it.

• Unless there is hidden context here that might further justify a completely unappealable ban im going to vouch.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• https://cdn.upload.systems/uploads/lFrw4xxo.png
    https://cdn.upload.systems/uploads/AtptR22r.png
    I'm gonna believe what fssp said here - Even if Ryan is the owner, these seems a lot like a unjust/false ban. I think we should clarify if retroactively applying reasons for a ban is allowed.

• Vouch. Mosley never really crossed the line while on that server and this is coming from someone who did enough to warrant being banned.

Shdwo For further input, i'd suggest looking at this OP's previous ban appeal back in February. A lot of points are made and a lot of information is dug up.

Really fascinating to see that Wild denied his appeal even though there were more vouches than objects. I remember participating in that appeal myself!

• Also I am Longo on eso for clarification. esoTalk did not play a part in why he was banned. I talked about that forum on TF’s Discord and I was never banned, and I even linked to it several times. I myself got banned for a different reason entirely, so to blame Mosley’s forum for why he got banned makes no sense.

•   moriarty

fssp While it is true that I have advertised my forum in the past, I did so before that forum was "banned" from this server, and I have never linked to it since because that would be a violation of this server's rules.

Yeah I'm really confused on why this is even considered to be a reason in fssp's ban

• I object. You have repeatedly drained my trust that you have the ability to restrain yourself from promoting hateful content or using hate speech. Time and time again I have had to argue with you over this and you won't back down under any condition. You will pick tooth and nail to defend your ability to use hate speech. Even recently, you keep bringing up uncomfortable topics on the server. You keep joking about "pramire's balls" and it might be funny to you but I think it's disgusting to talk about the genitalia of someone who is underage, especially in your position. You run a forum that literally encourages people to attack this server.... Are we not seeing red flags here?

If it were up to me I would have you removed from the server entirely. I know for a fact that you will threaten people in real life over the most ridiculous shit, and I wouldn't doubt you'd do it again to someone here. You are a safety hazard to this community.

•   Panther What does your trust or any of this spiel have to do with why he was banned? Like, if he was improperly banned, I don’t see why he needs your trust, buddy. Seems like you have a personal vengeance against Mosley because of your beef with him over unraveledmc or whatever you call it now (Pramire, really?) because what you’re talking about has nothing to do with his presence here.

I am a mod on esoTalk and “the forum” doesn’t encourage people to do anything other than post what they want. Read the page that says “about this forum” if you want to learn more about that. People can’t break the law on his forum, that’s a term that everyone has to agree to when joining. What does esoTalk have to do with this appeal?