Posts by moriarty

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

It's important to distinguish "eso" (a fork of esoTalk) from esoTalk, the abandoned project by Toby Zerner that has quite a few XSS vulnerabilities and isn't particularly worth looking at. Eso is the project being worked on by Mosley that's based off an older version of esoTalk which you can read more about here if you really want to. esoTalk became more like Flarum when it was reorganized by Toby and others, but the original concept is what's being used on geteso (with the "tag" / "gambit" system / "tag cloud") and the Eso software is what it's based on. Mosley's forum software =/= the "infamous" forum of his that runs the same software.

The Ezo ideology outlines why it will eventually integrate itself into every part of the Internet, even Reddit, the front page of the Internet and my favorite website in general. There are many based takes on Reddit. Walter tells all about Ezo and the Zerners.

Panther I know for a fact that you will threaten people in real life over the most ridiculous shit, and I wouldn't doubt you'd do it again to someone here.

Please do not bullshit… you do not know Mosley in real life, you don’t even live in the same state.

Panther What does your trust or any of this spiel have to do with why he was banned? Like, if he was improperly banned, I don’t see why he needs your trust, buddy. Seems like you have a personal vengeance against Mosley because of your beef with him over unraveledmc or whatever you call it now (Pramire, really?) because what you’re talking about has nothing to do with his presence here.

I am a mod on esoTalk and “the forum” doesn’t encourage people to do anything other than post what they want. Read the page that says “about this forum” if you want to learn more about that. People can’t break the law on his forum, that’s a term that everyone has to agree to when joining. What does esoTalk have to do with this appeal?

Also I am Longo on eso for clarification. esoTalk did not play a part in why he was banned. I talked about that forum on TF’s Discord and I was never banned, and I even linked to it several times. I myself got banned for a different reason entirely, so to blame Mosley’s forum for why he got banned makes no sense.

Vouch. Mosley never really crossed the line while on that server and this is coming from someone who did enough to warrant being banned.

Shdwo For further input, i'd suggest looking at this OP's previous ban appeal back in February. A lot of points are made and a lot of information is dug up.

Really fascinating to see that Wild denied his appeal even though there were more vouches than objects. I remember participating in that appeal myself!

@Darth#7647 First of all, condemning racism is not an "agenda", and second, what you and fssp consider to be racism clearly differs from that of many people in the community.

Turning somebody's ban appeal into an argument about racism and a condemnation of their personal views signals that they have an agenda. That's not "condemning racism," considering there's nothing to show that John has done anything "racist" to warrant this ban. There are no logs because of the charming way Ryan decided to handle this matter. Mosley has repeatedly denied making remarks "which could be perceived as discriminatory" (those are his words) prior to him being removed from the Discord server.

It is a fact that a significant number of people have had many issues with you two and your comments in the past. That at least warrants an investigation, it can't be a coincidence and it can't just be written off as those people being insane, either.

If an investigation is warranted by "a significant number of people having had issues with us two in the past" or such an investigation is ongoing, then John should only be punished when that investigation has concluded, and when there are legitimate results. As of now, this decision seems fragile, as if it had been a cheap excuse to rid the community (or Wild's mailbox) of somebody who "raises questions which are not meant to be asked" as I said earlier.

@redeastwood#7630 It seems like you're using this thread as a political soapbox despite the fact that John has made clear on several occasions that he didn't make any remarks about race or racism to provoke this ban.

You and your posse have a terrible attitude, a terrible mindset regarding a huge and pertinent issue in our society, and most of all, you have a terrible god complex; one which is purely superficial.

I would say the same of you. You have a desperate tendency to exploit situations to push your agenda, as you're doing now. Nothing in the conduct policy sets a reasonable standard for users to be banned or removed based on their personal opinions. When it comes to attitude, this thread seems to have been respectable enough prior to your appearance. It looks like you are the trouble-maker and only person in this dispute with a "terrible attitude," as you're accusing others of having a "[superficial] terrible god complex (lol?)" and a "terrible mindset." Creative writing.

@wild1145#7578 The policy is specific to the platform and you agree that you have read and fully understood it before you post. It should not be required to be posted elsewhere if you genuinely read and agreed to it prior to posting as you have to here.

You seem to be missing the point of preserving a policy in its current state when banning somebody for violating a section of that policy. If the rule were to change, or if the policy were to be revised completely, your ban reason would not demonstrate what the original policy commanded at the time that person were punished.

My point has nothing to do with holding users to their agreements or keeping the current incarnation of a set of rules exclusive to one platform because you'd like to ensure that members of your community do not skim over the rules to which they agree, which is a stupid doctrine regardless of whether or not you understand my post, because everyone knows that the majority of customers or users signing up for something do not read license agreements (or rules, for that matter) in great detail, if they enact to read them at all before clicking that little green checkbox.

People do not store the entirety of an end-user agreement or conduct policy in their head for the sake of later recitement because they agreed to one, either. I'm sure that you can't cite a random section of Google's privacy policy on the spot, even though you did agree to that privacy policy when you made an account with them. The fact that John can't reference the rules you are citing, because they are only available on Discord, means that he can't properly defend himself.

Vouch. From what I've seen, this ban looks like an excuse to remove fssp from the Discord community because he raises questions which are not meant to be asked.

Wild did not take the opportunity to provide chat logs, any examples of what John could've done to warrant this ban, or a simple illustration beyond pointing to the "conduct policy" which explains nothing.

@wild1145#7564 It was section 2 offences not section 1 as nick suggested, that was my bad banning on my phone.

Apparently there are multiple conduct policies, one being the "server conduct policy," while the other one exclusively applies to Discord. I presume that Wild is referring to the Discord-only policy in this quote, as the "server" policy is not categorized by numbers. If this isn't confusing enough, I can't find anything to indicate that the Discord-only policy is posted anywhere outside of the Discord server.

This is terrible practice. John can't even cite the policies you are quoting, and from what he's told me in private, the "official reason" for his ban does not include the actual policy: it only includes the section number.

I doubt that John did shit. If he happened to say something along the lines of what Wild is claiming, I am willing to put money down that it has been hilariously taken out of context, and did not warrant him being banned from the server without prior warning.

@MEGAF4IL#7270 Saying that "it has already been dealt with" does not excuse the fact that you're still treating those same people as trash despite having made such callous remarks to their faces. It's not a valid excuse.

John's "suspension" was bullshit, and you do realize that we are friends in real life, right? Like, we actually interact in person. Accusing us of "collaborating with each other" is silly considering we've literally worked together, and I don't understand what you believe we are conspiring to do. Needless to say, when we talk, none of our discussions pertain to you.

I barely even know Paul nor do I ever talk to him, which goes to show that you're fucking paranoid. Everybody that dislikes you is not a member of some buried syndicate with a hidden agenda; you're just not a very nice person.

I called you a coward not because you were an "escapist slash survivor" which only demonstrates that you have a victim complex, Mega. None of this has anything to do with you being an "escapist" or a "survivor." It's that you're a bully, and that you play the victim whenever anyone has the gall to call you out for it. You're doing it right now.

This community is so easily irritated and it's riotous that an admin application posted with the clear distinction of being a joke would piss some of you characters off enough to file a perm-ban request.

[Swivels around and drums up a thread questioning this server's lack of new players...]

I don't believe that you are mentally irresponsible because of how decisively you act.

For example, the way you edited your previous post which was an innocent acceptance of John's response to include this implication that we need your "forgiveness" (in that we were acting wrongly) is such a coward's way of expressing your true feelings without any social repercussions.

You sought out other people and harassed them in a way that was careless. If anything, you owe @fssp#6861 an apology for vocally "hoping he has a stroke" and refusing to backpedal after realizing the gravity of your remarks. This recent suspension only reveals that you're nonchalant about hurting folk.

EDIT: I made some changes to the syntax of this post, as my above post was removed by a sysop. That's understandable, considering it was emotionally packed and could be interpreted as an attack against the OP.