Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • The Official TF Skyblock Server

[url=https://ibb.co/C723hKD][/url]

Welcome to our new Skyblock Server

As I'm sure many of you are aware, TotalFreedom is expanding! I am proud to announce the first non-freedom based server on our platform. We are now offering a fully fledged Skyblock experience to all of our users. The server has been extensively tested, the economy has been perfected, and every plugin is configured to ensure our players have the best experience they can get.

The new Skyblock server was once part of a larger network, meaning that it has its own dedicated playerbase. I can confirm a total of eight regular players, who were once part of the old server. They are all aware of the ownership transfer, and are supportive of the move. As such, I think it's important to realise that this migration means that we will be aquiring new, dedicated players, as well as having another server to advertise - drawing in more new and unique players.

The Spawn

The first impressions of the Skyblock server are the most important ones. I have taken the liberty of ensuring a beautiful spawn was created and used.

[url=https://ibb.co/M8021j1][/url]

The spawn is a vast space filled with various monuments, agricultural lands, and water bodies. There are houses, lakes, streams, farms, blacksmiths, trees, market stalls, and wells!

[url=https://ibb.co/55nbfb6][/url]

The Islands

We have three selectable islands for you to play on! They feature different biome styles and different island generation.

The Desert Island

[url=https://ibb.co/JvHdSm9][/url]

The desert island features a barren, sandy environment for those who wish to play on a dusty and arid island. The islands are all randomly generated, ensuring no two islands are the same. The island is decorated with various cacti, enhancing the visuals and proving a better gameplay experience.

The Jungle Island

[url=https://ibb.co/8bkRdK6][/url]

The jungle island features a tropical and humid feel, complete with a huge jungle tree engulfing the top of the island. The island is decorated with various dirt block types, pieces of grass, and flowers. The trees are enriched with cocoa beans, and are designed by hand.

The Mushroom Island

[url=https://ibb.co/7CDTbBF][/url]

The mushroom island features a large mushroom structure engulfing the top of the island, with various mushroom types strewn around the floor. This island shows off Mycelium, along with oak wooden plank flooring for a better visual look.

The Shop and Economy

The economy was under heavy scrutiny by myself, as after some conversions with other server owners, I was told that a slight change to the economy could cripple the server. As such, I took extra care with the economy - making sure that it was perfectly balanced.

The shop features a vast amount of goods. From villager workers to workstations, and spawners, to dyes - its all sold at the shop.

[url=https://ibb.co/j65jZms][/url]

Crates

TF Skyblock has a crate system! Crates offer players a chance to win big, or go home. The tiers of crates are Vote Crate, Common Crate, Rare Crate, and Legendary Crate. These crates can be opened with crate keys. Crate keys are obtained through progression and use of our rewards systems. We also host giveaways from time to time with the ability to earn crate keys then!

[url=https://ibb.co/6XrgcKc][/url]

How to join

You can join the new Skyblock server using the IP - skyblock.totalfreedom.me

This is a cracked server, and it will remain cracked for a while. The reason for this is to get a better understanding on the current cracked playerbase, and how to mitigate their loss efficiently. As such, we are using AuthMe, a plugin that requires you to login and set a password when you join for the first time. This limits imposing and improves server security.

This server will also not be connected to the hub for the forseeable future. The hub would pose significant limitations to the server, such as forcing premium, and forcing current players to join through unfamiliar ways.

!Thanks to Shyrix for supplying some of the visuals!

test test

• No matter what type of subserver totalfreedom tries to implement, it’s more than likely going to fail and I’m not trying to be pessimistic it’s just how it’s previously worked. I’m not sure at this stage any attempt of extending the server will work considering what totalfreedom has been for (nearly) 11 years, which is and has been, at its core freedom server. Imagine if 2b2t launched a prison server where no hacks were allowed and the chat was monitored and heavily moderated, it wouldn’t sustain for more than 2? weeks. The gmod server failed, every attempt at the smp failed and at this point I would suggest against expanding, but instead improving the current server because that’s where TF get its player base, there are much more well established servers where people can go to play sky block and I think we should stick to what we’re known for

• This will probably be like "every other" skyblock server (there's thousands of them anyways) and will probably fail in a few months. If you let people use cheat clients, fly and do things normally considered "unethical" by other server standards, then it'd probably live up to the "TF" in it's name, but like the SMP server it won't so it's just another generic 'spin-off' server that really doesn't live up to the name "total freedom" and is just as forgettable like every spin-off server of TF. Instead of trying to add generic gamemodes the main server should be the #1 priority where 99% of all players go to anyways and think of when they hear "TotalFreedom". Also since it's not even part of the hub or can be reached by using the main server, it technically shouldn't be considered part of the actual server since you can't even join it from TF-proper. By this logic it's just an 'affiliated' server using the TF brand.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• the whole totalfreedom thing doesn't work when its not totalfreedom instead its a network with a freeop gamemode among other generic things like skyblock

red you make excellent servers, URF wouldve gone well if it wasn't shut down, but the thing holding this server back from expanding is itself. tf aint a network and won't work as one. that's just how it is.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• Let me clarify something, because clearly it's not super obvious...

This wasn't a "We'd like to do this, what do y'all think", this is a "We're going down this direction because we feel it's in the best interests of the TF Network, tada".

We've absorbed an established server into the network, and while right now today it is not fully integrated into the network, it is an established server, that requires no additional effort from our limited development team, and in the longer term will allow folks a totally different experience compared to what they've had to date.

TF in it's current format is going to continue to fizzle out until there's nothing more than a discord and a forum where everyone moans at each other, our current Freedom Gamemode is of limited interest, because if you wanted to go fuck around, you'd just go spin up your own server or use one of those free server hosts, something that was much harder when the server first came to be.

This is the first of a number of additional game modes we are looking to introduce into the network, and in this case happened to be an established server so required very little time on our part to integrate it as far as we have.

I appreciate some folks won't like it, won't agree with it and won't play it, that's all fine. The Freedom gamemode will continue to be maintained until there is literally nobody playing on it, and we will continue as we have capacity to expand into new gamemodes, in an effort to keep TF frankly relevant in the Minecraft community.

Just because other gamemodes have failed in the past, does not mean they always will in the future. Give it a chance to thrive before throwing your toys out the pram, especially when a lot of folks don't actually know much about it, much less have bothered to even join the server...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   Luke As I've said before, long term we will be moving away from "TotalFreedom" as a key brand name, because frankly that's not even representative of the current Freedom gamemode. As has been said before, TF is a community and I don't see why it should be limited to a single gamemode, which frankly is struggling to get people interested in it...

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' you don't seem to understand what we're saying here

@'Ryan' This wasn't a "We'd like to do this, what do y'all think", this is a "We're going down this direction because we feel it's in the best interests of the TF Network, tada".

nobody is saying it was. people are saying it won't work.. because it won't

@'Ryan' We've absorbed an established server into the network, and while right now today it is not fully integrated into the network, it is an established server, that requires no additional effort from our limited development team, and in the longer term will allow folks a totally different experience compared to what they've had to date.

Don't you think there's a reason that the network you've absorbed had to be absorbed? Can you tell me what the playercount on there is like?

@'Ryan' TF in it's current format is going to continue to fizzle out until there's nothing more than a discord and a forum

And it's not by introducing Skyblock?

@'Ryan' I appreciate some folks won't like it, won't agree with it and won't play it,

The issue is that nobody is going to play it not just some folks. It's skyblock. It's been here for years. What's unique? Crates?

Who's actually gonna play it, Ryan? The 'preexisting 8 players'?

@'Ryan' Just because other gamemodes have failed in the past, does not mean they always will in the future. Give it a chance to thrive before throwing your toys out the pram, especially when a lot of folks don't actually know much about it, much less have bothered to even join the server...

..but it does. Patterns form. Clearly new gamemodes (or at the very least basic overdone gamemodes) don't work for TF. Instead of generic gamemode #2, go for something lesser seen that'd be more fun. Why not do minigames? I'm sure that'd fit in amazingly with Lyicx's job? I'd love to see paintball, spleef, etc.

@'Ryan' As I've said before, long term we will be moving away from "TotalFreedom" as a key brand name

And what will we be going for? 'ATLAS Network'? Because seriously if we keep doing this shite we are literally going to just be another bland as shit network that nobody actually stays on because they could go somewhere like Hypixel or elsewhere. There's modernising TF to ensure survival and then there's making it into your own network that is completely lost what originally made it charming.

videogamesm12 please say this is a joke

• For further clarification at the straw pulling going on here to discredit the server, the rules needed to be updated and a conduct policy will be posted on the forums, which will then be transferred over to the server. The current rules are not accurate.

• @'Reperak' They aren’t irrelevant and this server is going to fail as I said before it opened in the first place.

He’s had experience trying to revive CJF. And we’ve seen what this does to other TFM-based servers who just try to go to a network. SMP should have been the call that “hey, maybe going in a network direction isn’t the best idea” but no

And now we’re moving away from “TotalFreedom”? What the fuck?

Luke nobody is saying it was. people are saying it won't work.. because it won't

On the grounds that it already had an active player base, it can't do any worse than things like SMP... At least there is already some level of community established, not the largest, but it's better than fuck all...

Luke Don't you think there's a reason that the network you've absorbed had to be absorbed? Can you tell me what the playercount on there is like?

I wasn't involved in agreeing them merging into us, I simply approved the end result.

Luke And it's not by introducing Skyblock?

It gives us a better chance at surviving than doing nothing, which was my point.

Luke The issue is that nobody is going to play it not just some folks. It's skyblock. It's been here for years. What's unique? Crates?

Who's actually gonna play it, Ryan? The 'preexisting 8 players'?

I'll take those 8 existing players over 0 players at all...

Luke ..but it does. Patterns form. Clearly new gamemodes (or at the very least basic overdone gamemodes) don't work for TF. Instead of generic gamemode #2, go for something lesser seen that'd be more fun. Why not do minigames? I'm sure that'd fit in amazingly with Lyicx's job? I'd love to see paintball, spleef, etc.

This was a gamemode that required such little effort from anyone on the existing TF Team, it made it very easy and a very appealing deal. There's no custom dev involved, and everything is already configured and proven and good to go... We have had a cool gamemode which hasn't been done in Minecraft before written up and designed, and I'm really hoping we can actually develop and launch it soon, and we've got some other interesting gamemodes that are fairly un-common from what I've seen that we're looking to add. And I agree, I've considered options to be able to quickly turn the events server into various mini-games, or just flat out work out the best way to stand them up on demand anyway, and I hope that will all be to come in the future, but these things as always take time.

Luke And what will we be going for? 'ATLAS Network'? Because seriously if we keep doing this shite we are literally going to just be another bland as shit network that nobody actually stays on because they could go somewhere like Hypixel or elsewhere. There's modernising TF to ensure survival and then there's making it into your own network that is completely lost what originally made it charming.

I think there's an aspect of rose tinted glasses there, I can't say as I ever recall TF being "Charming", but for the record, the intent is to long term just refer to the network as "The TF Network" or something like that, few people actually call TF "TotalFreedom" anyway, the branding and such would all remain mostly the same (Or at least it wouldn't have to change) and the narrative for playing on the server would likely change with it.

Ultimately I want to be able to offer an experience which people actually enjoy, and while SkyBlock is not the silver bullet to solve all the problems, I see it as a baby step in the right direction and to ensure that TF doesn't just end up as an archived forum that we all look back on every 1 or 2 years like so many other communities that came before us.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' On the grounds that it already had an active player base, it can't do any worse than things like SMP... At least there is already some level of community established, not the largest, but it's better than fuck all...

8 players. They could potentially all leave by the end of this week. If they're a close group all it takes is 1 to leave for all of them to leave.

@'Ryan' I wasn't involved in agreeing them merging into us, I simply approved the end result.

Based on general management experience, people merge because their shit is failing. Based on the fact that their playerbase was literally 8 people, I can safely say this is why.

@'Ryan' It gives us a better chance at surviving than doing nothing, which was my point.

Disagree. Based on history it'll just fizzle out at the same rate, only difference being people play skyblock for a few weeks before getting bored.

@'Ryan' I think there's an aspect of rose tinted glasses there, I can't say as I ever recall TF being "Charming",

I say charming for lack of a better word. By this I mean we lose what it was originally created for, which is an all inclusive freeop instead of a generic network.

• I'm just going to ignore the shitshow above me and comment about how in my short time of playing there I've genuinely enjoyed the skyblock, that's my two cents.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Luke 8 players. They could potentially all leave by the end of this week. If they're a close group all it takes is 1 to leave for all of them to leave.

In which case we got 8 players for "Free" for a week, and we have a fully functional gamemode that took none of our existing dev's effort to setup and maintain... Either way we've got something for "Nothing" which is far easier to maintain than our Freedom gamemode...

Luke Based on general management experience, people merge because their shit is failing. Based on the fact that their playerbase was literally 8 people, I can safely say this is why.

It's certainly possible, it's hard to grow servers in general. I'd rather give this a go and get it wrong than not try it...

Luke Disagree. Based on history it'll just fizzle out at the same rate, only difference being people play skyblock for a few weeks before getting bored.

Maybe so, but I'm going to do what I can to try to keep players on our gamemodes in general...

Luke I say charming for lack of a better word. By this I mean we lose what it was originally created for, which is an all inclusive freeop instead of a generic network.

And I have no intention of it becoming "Just a generic network", the challenge is balancing the huge amounts of dev effort required to make the custom gamemodes we have lined up, and the maintainability. The Freedom gamemode as is requires a huge amount of dev effort to maintain, so I am reluctant to put too much effort into trying to get new gamemodes out there because it'll take time and effort away from our ability to do dev on the Freedom gamemodes. It's a balance, and I'm trying to get it right, but I might not get it right first time...

Wild1145