Wize - Reinstatement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   Wize leaking dms is not a good look...
    also as the dms clearly say, i was not motivated to object by your friends actions. the issue is just related to the incident.

even if this one reason for objection were invalid, -which it isn't - my others still stand, and i trust you even less now

•   jwmphall

I value your opinion as a longstanding ex-admin, which is why I went to such lengths to make sure you weren't acting in the heat of the moment after what happened between us.

You confirmed those DMs were related to your objection (of which you made public).

•   Wize you value my opinion so much you breached your promise of confidentiality in favor of trying to discredit me. i could not possibly object more and i hope other admins will reconsider their own votes instead of blindly vouching without even reading the reinstatement application and basing their vote off of name alone.

"[17:23:32] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] | [Freedom 01] WBoson > [Freedom 01] jwmphall: I'm not going to publish
    anything to the forums to prevent drama, but between you and I"

https://pastebin.com/Zhw295CH

• @"jwmphall"#95 Could I ask for specific instances where you’ve been displeased with Wize before this incident? I want to make sure your vote is in fact genuine and isn't the result of building work rejection. You don’t have to, it would just make things a lot easier. Thanks!

•   RedEastWood if you need more proof of his untrustworthiness than the above then i recommend you revaluate your biases. you are an objective member of the staff and i hope you are treating this as such. but here you go;

other incidences are less egregious but still make me suspicious. when they first rejoined after his long period of absence, they began messaging me, likely recognizing me since i've played for a while. when asked, he did not disclose his identity, which i thought was strange. only much later in the conversation did he reveal himself as w1ze. this may sound like a small incident but this compiled with his self centered reinstatement look familiar to any long time player. my perception is that - like many serial trolls in the past - this player elevates his position as a suspended player to that of a sort of pariah. this player overstates his impact on the community similar to how panther, savnith, or scutix used to. i'm not implicating wboson as a troll or even a bad person; i just find this trait leads many admins to being suspended or worse.

right now tf needs admins who can retain players by interacting with them, which you know is true more than ever redeastwood. you know i was invited to build on wbosons server and i accepted, only to not be allowed to build and be ignored for half an hour - heck, you were there! do you really want to vouch for a guy who ignores players, is self centered, and doesn't deliver on promises as an admin at this point in time?

•   jwmphall

WBoson stated that they would have a probationary period instead of a full reinstatement. I believe this statement was added when he initially created the application.

Wize I'm asking for a second chance to be done through a probationary period to prove people change.

Perhaps a middle ground can be found on the basis that provided WBoson does not live up to ideal admin standards, he be removed at the end of his probationary period. While your reasons are a valid cause or concern, I personally do not see them as being very substantial or significant, so much so that I would be compelled to change my vote.

Hopefully this resolution caters to your problem and gives WBoson an opportunity to prove his worth as an admin.

• I agree with Jwmphall completely, he made a valid point and that should not be overlooked.

I said it as my first reply, and I'll say it again for the threads sake:

Jwmphall, If you do not want those DM's to be considered, then do not consider them in your reasoning.

I have conducted myself with the utmost of respect for this community and its operators since 2014. I climbed to the rank of Senior Administrator. I am asking that your personal gripes with me to not factor into your vote as me as an administrator.

To everyone on this thread, let's keep this thread to an objection w/ reason or a vouch w/ reason. I do not want my reinstatement to cause admins to fight with one another. Please, for the sake of precedent, even if you vouched for me, I am asking for you to keep this direct to the point, and to leave the drama for an appropriate section.

•   Wize "Jwmphall, If you do not want those DM's to be considered, then do not consider them in your reasoning."

what does that mean? i didn't want the dms to be considered until you leaked them. now it doesn't really matter.

"leave the drama for an appropriate section." great way to undermine legitimate points and questions. no admins are fighting here and there is no drama

• There were multiple issues leading up to your suspension, including an executive vote-off with claims about you being dishonest about your activity as an executive, a supposed $600 investment in server advertising that could not be located, and you being very vocal about the ownership policy being a secret plot by Wilee and others to commit a coup on Seth. I would like to know what has changed and how you plan to address issues like these in the future.