Event Host Policy Draft

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • so yesterday i actually fucking wrote something as an executive and i am quite proud of myself please pat me on the back and give me some input into this before im like "yo, this is real shit now". this is the most formal work i've ever done in my entire life, i did it all by myself too

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• going to put this in the same thread as its vaguely relevent enough but i would like to see most peoples input on the template for the event documentation's i've mentioned in the policy for people to propose to me event host or not, event ideas so if i like them (or if i ever decide to put it up to community verdict, i dont think with what i wrote would be an official case but again input would be useful i wouldn't mind either way) i can put them in the "pool" event hosts can reference to when they're setting up an event

I appreciate the positive feedback on the actual policy so far, was expecting more critical feedback which im still welcome to whilst this thread is somewhere and i haven't put it in officially. when i do though which im hoping will be tomorrow ill open up applications

RedEastWood has already made an application for this here but im likely to amend some changes to fit more with what im going for here. i.e asking if the applicant has GMOD to show that they can and are able to host GMOD events. will work on that later on (which i've actually already spoken to him about lol)

awesomeist tf blokey

• im going to do an example draft too for the legacy build battles we used to do in plotworld back in darths day, i'll put this one in the pool (where ever that'll be, i hope to have a subsection on the forums for it)

i get that last line is extremely complicated and there is likely a simpler way to put it but what i mean by that is if we get more then the minimum amount of players, we up the stakes (i.e we get 6 players, thats 2 more then the minimum so we go times the participation reward by like 1.2 which will end up being 60.) i gotta flesh this out more im aware.

awesomeist tf blokey

• @SuperRyn#15969 should outline this in the policy but ill say it here, unofficial events hosted by anyone will not be affected by this policy. my idea of an official event will be the extensive planning, announcing, promotion by myself, my future potential assistant and the event host team and rewarding of real coins and actual shop items.

not out of the blue things hosted by other individuals rewarding kits and items. those wont be banned in any way and in fact i would actively encourage them as it gives a good indication of potential real event hosts and improves engagement within the server

awesomeist tf blokey

• @Fangs#15915

i mean i and my future assistant will mostly do the job at overseeing the planning of events by the event hosts. the idea is that they plan the event from documentation as a reference and just fill in the prerequisites and pick a time (or fill in a timeslot that i and future assistant allocate) and be there. seems like im putting a bit of a load on them n that but i feel below would be a bit more suitable

Event Hosts assist the Executive Community Manager in hosting engaging events on the TotalFreedom platforms, including but not limited to the freedom servers, SMP, GMod, and Discord server. They also are in charge of the planning of these events, and support the ECM in coming up with new event ideas.

i also dont think the primary role of coming up with new event ideas should strictly fall on the event hosts and allow community contribution following the template i have put up to be approved by myself

awesomeist tf blokey

• i think this will be my final update on this before i put it into action but i've added some more to the actual policy and adjusted the application to have more questions inside

• Declared a difference between Official and unofficial events @SuperRyn#15969
    • Reworded the initial introduction to the role @Fangs#15915
    • Changed the wording of the start of the conduct section

Policy:

Application:

What is your Minecraft IGN?
    What is your discord name and discriminator (name#0000)
    What date did you register on the forums? (minimum 15 days required)
    What is your timezone?
    Will you be willing to assist the ECM in the hosting of events and how frequently

If you own a steam account, please put the profile URL here (e.g: https://steamcommunity.com/id//)

If you answered the above question, do you also own Garry’s mod https://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/Garrys_Mod/

Do you have any experience hosting events?
    Why do you want to be an Event Host?

i cant put quotes in spoilers, fucking bollocks

if theres no more input, im quite keen to get the ball rolling on this so i will be putting this into effect 5PM BST today

awesomeist tf blokey

• @Miwojedk#16124 ideally i'd like to have the rank displayed consistently but i feel thats more up to ryan whether or not thats actually the case

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#16128 We might have to create a group in the hub so when we have an event server - event hosts can have the ability to control it with correct permissions.

If there is anything that needs to be developed, have a chat with me and we can sort something out - however, our main priority is the freedom servers.