Owner vote off Proposal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   jwmphall it's relevant because theres no one in this server i know besides steven, no offense to anyone, that can keep calm and professional like ryan. he is a fit owner. hes a new owner. u dont see me voting off the owner of mineplex because thats not a thing. its his server, not a community owned

• from what i have seen throughout totalfreedom it is impossible to make everyone happy, i have never seen a 'perfect' owner, i understand why people are upset with some of ryan's decisions but i do not think he has done anything that is worthy of a vote off, thats just my take on it

• If you're going to try and hang me out to dry, it's only fair I point out some of the areas this lacks truth.

jwmphall yet these same players can get punished for criticizing the company or displaying company logos.

For the record. The only person that has been punished for anything like this imposed as a member of staff for my company and actively engaged members of the community in such a way that implied he worked for me. That was what the main ban reason was.

jwmphall but the size of this community cannot justify these strict policies to go forward doing so while carrying the brand “oldest freedom server.”

Citation needed. What strict policies?

jwmphall Furthermore, the way certain players are seemingly singled out and applied weak interpretations of Category 0 bans at the owner’s whim is shady and downright petty.

Subjective and misinformation… Full evidence was provided to you and others on why Ivan was issued with a category 0 ban, as have others that are now banned. Nobody has had any issue with any historic cat 0 ban prior to Ivan as far as I'm aware so please cite other times the community has expressed their discontent for a cat 0 ban.

jwmphall For instance, certain individuals are permanently banned without the chance to appeal because of an obvious joke

I think you'll find the times people have been banned for "obvious jokes" have been impersonating people that work for the company I run or for actively harassing me and the staff team.

jwmphall Ryan has locked jwmphall’s thread about Flobbier’s indefinite ban, after garnering criticism. There was a clear consensus that the reason for Flobbier’s ban was manufactured and invalid, but the owner refused to step up, admit he was wrong, and retract – or reconsider the ban.

The ban was reviewed and justification was provided for it. That is why the thread was locked. It was not going to be revoked.

jwmphall which is dangerous in a system that attempts to mimic law and justice

We are a minecraft community, not a country. The community would do well to remember that…

jwmphall Is it not the owner’s job to be in touch with his community and positively interact with the people in it?

It doesn't mean I should be everyone's friend. Again see the issues with multiple precious ownership where we has this. "Seth and friends" being a prime example. I chose to engage with the community through the discord and the forums. If people want to interact and make enhancements we have ways to do that. A lot of the time that's delegated to game mode owners now because that's what they're there for.

jwmphall Rather than listening to the TotalFreedom community, he has repeatedly chosen to ignore and silence anyone who attempts to criticize or oppose his judgment.

Again citation? I've removed disruptive members of the community where there has been consensus or there has been clear conduct violation. Again I've not seen any recent suggestions that are wider than the freedom game mode that I've rejected or what on, or which I've chosen to ignore or silence?

jwmphall Through inappropriate handling of discourse, inability to listen to popular demand

What popular demand? I again would appreciate citation. The current priorities for the network are aligned with a mix of community suggestions and improvements to make the player experience better and our ability to maintain the game mode (mainly freedom) more sustainable and reduce the delays in new mc version support.

jwmphall I think I've probably addressed various things in your reply as well. Happy to discuss but hopefully I've made my points clear enough.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I will also clarify the ownership policy now only applies to the freedom game mode since I took domain ownership, it resulted in no actually enforceable way of having an ownership policy, combined with the fact tf is owned by a registered legal entity.

People are welcome to vote. But an ownership policy invocation would be removing Steven from his position not me from mine…

Wild1145

• these “anonymous individuals” need to say who they are if they object to Ryan’s handing of the server.

Fwiw, I haven’t really disagreed with much of what ryan has done (mainly stuff when Ryan first took over), a lot of it has been brought on by people still thinking they can get away with stupid things that maybe under seths ownership would have slid

• @'Ryan' for the record, I'm not the one who wrote this. I will defend what i agree with on principle, but i admit i don't back everything stated in the thread.

Quote 2 (am on mobile now where formatting is hard so excuse the informality) I believe theyre referring to certain category 0 offenses, especially 0a. Certain players are banned for loose interpretations of 0a like Flobbier while a discord mod streams breaking bad on discord. 0a is an excuse for you to ban any player you want at almost any time because at some point most players have done something you could describe as illegal if you do enough mental gymnastics.

Quote 3 - you provided evidence initially, but in the thread where i refuted the points you resorted to circular reasoning and privately attempted to change the ban to 0c, indicating even you realize it doesnt fall under 0a. I recall you stating "i can frankly ban whoever i want."

Quote 4 - i was once banned for saying "i farted on your grandmas balls." an obvious joke. (Literally stolen from a meme that you can google) you later said it was because your grandmother passed away recently (sorry for your loss). but i had no way of knowing this and received no warning prior to the ban. this is anecdotal, but i can list several similar situations

Quote 6 - dumbing things down and saying its just a minecraft server doesnt work ever since cat 0 was added. tf rules obviously mimic real life law, everybody knows that.

Quote 7 - see my reply

Again sorry for disjointed reply manner, mobile is a bitch.

• I think Ryan is and has been very tolerant of criticism of him and his decisions. Criticism of Ryan is relentless. It is one thing when there is constructive criticism (which is of course fine), but unfortunately it is sometimes personal attacks. It is understandable why he considered shutting the server down: if people are just going to attack you on the server/forum you pay to run, you might not want to spend the money any more.

I agree with others that Ryan has brought stability. I don't see any major problem that would necessitate a change in ownership.

I voted no on this thread and oppose efforts to vote off Ryan.

jwmphall Quote 2 (am on mobile now where formatting is hard so excuse the informality) I believe theyre referring to certain category 0 offenses, especially 0a. Certain players are banned for loose interpretations of 0a like Flobbier while a discord mod streams breaking bad on discord. 0a is an excuse for you to ban any player you want at almost any time because at some point most players have done something you could describe as illegal if you do enough mental gymnastics.

The reality is the cat 0 offences have always been a thing. Just previous owners for some time abstracted it away. There hasn't been a full actual permban wipe since probably Marks time. The ones that have happened were in fact selective as I found out. I've aimed to be more transparent in the logic and what we have to be aware of. Category 0 exists for those that simply are no longer welcome in the community and continue to be disruptive. Again flobbier is not one of those, instead I opted to issue a long term minimum indef ban because the dude lasted less than a month after his last incident… Ivan has been warned for years about his vehaciour#imposing as a member of my staff team was the final straw for him. And for the record, if someone had complained and he'd been imposing as another company the result would likely have been the same if it spilled into tf. You make it sound like both people here were first time offenders which is not the case. As for other rule breaking. Report it. Stop making it my fault for not knowing what happens 24/7/365. You're an admin for God sake, report it to someone when it happens instead of storing it on your list of things to have a go at me about.

jwmphall Quote 3 - you provided evidence initially, but in the thread where i refuted the points you resorted to circular reasoning and privately attempted to change the ban to 0c, indicating even you realize it doesnt fall under 0a. I recall you stating “i can frankly ban whoever i want.”

You argued my points, but as you would know from reading the rules it is ultimately my judgement and I made a different judgement to you. That doesn't make either judgement wrong but ultimately mines the one that sticks… And again, when you run your own community you're welcome to ban whoever you feel like.

jwmphall Quote 4 - i was once banned for saying “i farted on your grandmas balls.” an obvious joke. (Literally stolen from a meme that you can google) you later said it was because your grandmother passed away recently (sorry for your loss). but i had no way of knowing this and received no warning prior to the ban. this is anecdotal, but i can list several similar situations

I'm a human being that has emotions. I think I had told the admin team and a lot of the community I had been at my grandmothers funeral and was struggling, but I recall there being some degree of drama which meant I had to spend time here instead of grieving. So forgive me for being upset that you decided to make a poorly timed joke that didn't land well. Again though, I'm a human fucking being that sometimes gets shit wrong.

jwmphall Quote 6 - dumbing things down and saying its just a minecraft server doesnt work ever since cat 0 was added. tf rules obviously mimic real life law, everybody knows that.

You're argument here makes zero sense. We have to comply with the law like everyone else does. And those that break the law threaten the long term existence of the community as a whole. Very few people have been banned for that shit under a cat 0 especially globally. We've had a fair share of discord bans where people have reported illegal content to us, but it's always been this way for the last 10 years at least.

I don't want to be argumentative here, but I'm not going to sit here and get railroaded because people are upset I've put my foot down and got rid of Ivan permanently which is the crux of this thread quite frankly.

Wild1145

• three things are inevitable in life. 1) death. 2) taxes. 3) jwmphall appearing out of nowhere to bitch about something stupid.

mfw we’re voting off the guy who pays so much monthly and spends so much time on the server cuz people strawman a ban reason of someone who has been permbanned several times in the past. do i think it should be unappealable? no. do i see why ryan does? yes.

do yall remember the days of infamas? criticism would be locked and deleted and ignored and there was nothing we could do about it. further back: marco and markbyron, remember that? yall are saying ryan is strict and a dictator as if ryan bans and censors everyone who dares speak up. name a single person that has been punished in any way just for that fact. and back that up with screenshots.

yall basically said in the ‘tl;dr’ that a big reason ryan isnt suited for owner cuz he doesnt agree with the community. You all voted for him when he made as much clear in his owner manifesto.

can i ask the spineless individuals who hide behind a veil of anonymity pipe up and actually say their own opinions instead of hiding behind jwmp? respect to jwmp for at least being open with his thoughts and feelings

if you couldn’t tell i voted against this and vehemently oppose any form of voteoff or removal. you cannot get rid of a guy who owns the domain, I don’t know what you people expect

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   jwmphall I think this idea would work best if there were a couple of additions to secure server safety:

1. The owner being replaced immediately with someone else who is capable of properly running the server in the event this actually goes down.
    2. That replacement needing to have a legitimate and OP and Admin approved plan to run the server (basically ensuring fun and technical stuff getting added)
    3. Just general research and proper pros and cons of each candidate to be owner to be done.

The server being run more democratically would be an AMAZING idea, but knowing the salty jackasses and literal hired DDosers that hang out here, this would have to be well planned out and ran by level-headed people, and i am dumbing this down greatly and forgetting specific safeguards because I am a child. And even if this is shot down by everyone and I'm doxxed and murdered in my sleep for half agreeing with this, Ryan is definitely one of the more stable owners we have.

(And I don't play anymore, Riawo sent me a link to this in a discord chat lol)

• I'm just gonna go ahead and be positive and say that I genuinely appreciate everything Wild has done for the server. If I was the owner I would have reached my boiling point ages ago. Massive respect for all the crap he has to put up with.