Why do you play on the freedom server?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This thread will be used to measure why the server's current active playerbase still plays on freedom-01. Please feel free to reply below with responses.

• Because (Not from an admin's perspective):

• Unlike other creative/plot servers, I have the freedom to place/break blocks anywhere

• I have access to many regular/utility commands (and Worldedit) without having to pay for a rank to use it

• I am able to use redstone machines/noteblocks without the server automatically preventing me from doing so

• I can roam, build, PvP, and have fun with my friends anywhere without restrictions

• SOME fun plugins such as Crackshot, Worldedit, Guilds, and Disguises

• Staff members and players with knowledge helping me whenever I have a problem on the server or outside of it

But what I really want on the server:

• The freedom to use vanilla features (Using bonemeal on grass, liquid flow, books not disappearing randomly, and vanilla commands like /locate etc)
      *I do not expect the average new player to be aware of commands like /book

• The ability to drop items for non-admins
      *Entity limiters could prevent this feature from being harmful

• More fun plugins (e.g. Movecraft, ImageMaps, Lucky Blocks)
      *I am aware that it requires a lot of dev effort x1

• More utility plugins like FastAsyncWorldEdit (i really want fast worldedit)
      *I am aware that it requires a lot of dev effort x2

• Less server crashes
      I don't want to rebuild my house for the 3rd time
      *I am aware that it requires a lot of dev effort x3

• Less restrictions for WorldEdit
      *I want to use blocks like falling blocks, rails, and powered rails for my builds

• Commands not overriding with each other (NetworkManager)
      *A new player could use /realname without knowing that /erealname is a command

• And fixing features instead of removing them entirely
      *Bending might've been an annoying plugin but not everyone hated it, we could've removed/modified the bad parts of it

If you want more then @"FromTimeToTime"#453's post here sums it up perfectly

• I play here because friends such as @"videogamesm12"#4 play here and I also take part in assisting him with archival of historical data if needed because this server has a lot of history and it's nice to look back at its development over the years. (e.g. The Galahad Gigadump). Given I also have a knowledge of exploits, I use those skills to help protect the server from attackers who think it's cool and fun to be dicks and crash the server or other players.

I really don't build here because it kind of sucks for that given the problems I'll outline below:

• Bonemeal doesn't even work which is absolutely ridiculous.
    • AsyncWorldEdit.
    • Frequent crashes.
    • Nowhere really ideal for building without the risk of grief (except for plotworld, which is kind of restrictive for large-scale construction)
    • Lack of good building resources (limited w/e selection, limited brushes, etc.)

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• at the point, the only reason why im around (other than administration and trying to help with actual server-server side things (i say trying bc ive only have the capability to do stuff with the skyblock server when needed, which rarely gets touched at all), would be the people.

ive got too many friends here n such to just up and leave, but given that, there's not much to do in-game that my brain would let me justify as a reason to get in-game.

1gaah.png

• To chat with other players
    • To grief all of @"quack95"#340’s builds
    • To watch the spawn change (almost) every day
    • To build (i know i can do that on singleplayer but it just seems less fun there)
    • To find idiots that need to get smacked by the ban hammer

@'r00t' To grief all of @quack95’s builds

im seriously warning you not to try provoke shit here. no one fucking cares about your petty argument. literally the past few posts you've made have been making snide jabs at quack that are not really needed. you do it again and i will ban your ass. as i said before, be the bigger person and stop taking this out publicly its childish.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey