Plot World - Your Input Required!

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   videogamesm12 That has nothing to do with what Miwo said though, if you want to transfer all of that art then just merge plots until it’s at the right size.

I just took a stroll through plotworld now and it honestly looks like flatlands sectioned out. I saw a huge amount of massive plots with a tiny house right in the middle of it, surrounded by unedited green grass blocks.

Making plots 25x25 by default means that we will avoid these huge plots that seem to only have a tiny build in the middle of them. If you want a larger plot, just merge them..

RedEastWood That has nothing to do with what Miwo said though, if you want to transfer all of that art then just merge plots until it’s at the right size.

What if you want more room but can't get more because all of the other plots surrounding yours have been claimed?

Miwojedk You can get protection both places, and you can save your builds in both places.

The protection that comes from PlotSquared is drastically better than the protection provided by WorldGuard.

image.png

RedEastWood Is there any way to allow users to custom select the dimensions of their plot, and make 25x25 the default?

Yes, but only during the initial claiming stage. This also opens the doors to easy abuse where someone could claim a plot that is 1,000 blocks wide and then just build a tiny shack.

Okay, I was wrong. Apparently when it says "length,width" in the thing I was thinking of, it actually means how many plots to claim at once. Not the dimensions of the plot.

image.png

•   RedEastWood As far as I know, that is not possible. The plot size is set in the config.

On the other hand, the effects of a ridiculously small plot size that you all seem to want could be migitated by granting a generous amount of plot claims and allowing usage of /plot claim in which a player can zoom off somewhere and claim a bunch of plots and merge them.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   videogamesm12 the point is we wanted a fresh start to the world. It's not worth the significant amounts of effort to transform the current world, and would limit us to the same plot sizes which at the moment isn't the current plan.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

videogamesm12 What if you want more room but can't get more because all of the other plots surrounding yours have been claimed?

This is why OPs should be able to merge plots, and if there aren't enough room/surrounding plots to merge the required space, then they can go somewhere else.

videogamesm12 What if you want more room but can't get more because all of the other plots surrounding yours have been claimed?

The solution to this problem is to let people move to a different plot without deleting everything they built. That way if they want to merge, but the neighboring plots are taken, they can just move to a different plot easily where merging is possible.

• @"Miwojedk"#64 I've read your post in that thread and I think the idea of smaller plots for better navigation etc. makes sense. I still think 25x25 is too small and 50x50 is a better compromise.

All your other points about plotworld v/s flatlands will be moot with a separate server.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

•   Darth It's a crap argument because Plots != Freedom.

We need to strike a balance between not having shit loads of empty plots because people can land grab like the current plot world, while still making it easy enough to get the space people need / want. It's something I've got some thoughts on but haven't quite decided 100% what I want to do with.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

videogamesm12 Again, WorldGuard's protection sucks ass compared to the plotworld.

It's how you set the region up, not the plugin. Don't blame on the plugin just because it doesn't cover for poorly set up regions. It's not magic.

videogamesm12 Doing it upright is even more limiting because then you have the 256 block height to worry about.

So, are we going to pretend 1.17 doesn't exist?