Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  •   fionn The question has been asked and answered here... If you read through the comments you'll find it.

The TLDR (Because I'm fed up of saying the same thing over and over again) is we are actively working to improve the Freedom gamemode, but it requires significant amounts of development effort, which we just don't have. The Skyblock gamemode we absorbed into the network required 0 developer effort, and minimal effort from our existing staff team, meaning it was a low effort & low risk, with the chance of being somewhat rewarding... This won't take time or effort away from the Freedom gamemode, but does give us a low maintenance gamemode that players can enjoy.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' The TLDR (Because I'm fed up of saying the same thing over and over again) is we are actively working to improve the Freedom gamemode, but it requires significant amounts of development effort, which we just don't have. The Skyblock gamemode we absorbed into the network required 0 developer effort, and minimal effort from our existing staff team, meaning it was a low effort & low risk, with the chance of being somewhat rewarding... This won't take time or effort away from the Freedom gamemode, but does give us a low maintenance gamemode that players can enjoy.

I must say I've been on the server and it's very well done, not particularly indicating 0 developer effort but it's the same as any old skyblock server just with TotalFreedom branding. I mean it's not even connected to the main server's hub. At the end of the day, it's gonna more than likely die and just end up being a massive waste of resources. Also with Seth, he would literally do the majority of suggestions himself and there were tons, now with a full development team, there's no excuse only laziness for suggestions to be left undone for 10 months, come on man.

•   fionn My point was the TF dev team had to put 0 effort in, that was my point.

Also, we don't have a "Full developer team", we currently have 1 Java dev... Who also has a life.

You really cannot compare the work Seth did to other developers, Seth also owned the server, and I suspect had a significant amount more time free. I am relying on people who are willing to give me their time for free to contribute to the server, which is a tough ask because I'm certainly not skilled enough to do the work myself...

As for your other points around the hub and such, again that's already been addressed here, it will in the future be linked in, for now it's running isolated while we slowly merge things together in a sensible way.

Wild1145

•   fionn There's a lot of unknown right now around what will merge and how merged it will become, the "End goal" is it will be just another gamemode on the network, but we're taking the transition steady because there's no real rush, and I'd like to get it right.

Wild1145

• One of the biggest reasons why SMP failed was because people got bored - the exact same could happen here. If this server is updated often with new features and more to do, I don't think it could die as soon as the other ideas we've tried. We could go as far as changing the gamemode every month - having something new will keep people entertained.

My point also links to the freedom server too. The reason why TF was fun in the past was because we got new stuff every few weeks - such as MoveCraft - and these stayed on the server, with the ones not used much being removed. It didn't need suggestions upon suggestions to be removed. This is something we can see from the past and I personally think we should move in that direction for both the Freedom and SkyBlock servers. I'm sure the development team are working on other things right now, but this cycle of adding new features will help both servers to thrive.

However, the SkyBlock server seems to be in a very rushed state. We can see this in the fact that necessities such as the rules have not been updated to align with our standards. I am also against the server being cracked. With the use of AuthMe, players will be able to log in as others under a cracked client and set passwords. In addition, any players that we gain on cracked clients through this server, we will lose on the Freedom server as they cannot join. Most cracked servers can't go on premium lists as well as there are server lists for cracked servers. Before this server became a part of TF, Premium should've been enabled. The rules should have been set. The server has clearly been rushed to become a part of TF, and it's not in the right state. Any announcements should have come when the server was finally ready.

• Hey I think I know some backstory on how did this server end up in TF's network. I'm not sure why there are secrets around the previous management and the thread that advertised it has been hidden / deleted.

! I'm trying to be as neutral as possible, since I'm still fresh in this community, but I don't advice pushing unpopular agendas. A server without a community is pointless. Make sure it won't bleed out.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

You! However, the SkyBlock server seems to be in a very rushed state.

Explain to me how other than the rules. You haven’t even joined the server.

fionn I must say I've been on the server and it's very well done,

erin in my short time of playing there I've genuinely enjoyed the skyblock

Luke red you make excellent servers

If there’s an issue with the actual server, I’m more than happy to address it and/or fix it.

RedEastWood Explain to me how other than the rules. You haven’t even joined the server.

As I stated further on in my reply, the server has clearly been rushed as it still remains on cracked mode. It should have never remained on cracked before becoming a part of TotalFreedom. Cracked has its benefits, but the consequences outweigh them here.

You! the server has clearly been rushed as it still remains on cracked mode

How has the server “clearly been rushed”? To stay on cracked was a deliberate decision me and Ryan made…

You are yet to even join the server, so please indulge me - how is the server rushed?

RedEastWood Explain to me how other than the rules. You haven’t even joined the server.

Here's a list of the many flaws I noticed during my rather short stay at the Skyblock server, right before I was IP-banned. All of these cumulatively point to a rushed state.

• It's a cracked server.
      Cracked servers allow players to log in under obscene names like Ballsack, Cumsock, and more.
      https://videogamesm12.me/uJWS6YT3TwUB.png
      https://videogamesm12.me/SgPD0P3gDLRr.png
      https://videogamesm12.me/dpszUlggENyo.png

• Bans don't include IPs.
      Under the username EvaXephon, I was running around with the Timer hack when I got banned for 5 minutes because I was flying. Fair enough.
      https://videogamesm12.me/VsbkOhZHOLLB.png
      Out of pure curiosity, I wondered if the ban included my IP address (like any ban from a cracked server would) and it turns out that it doesn't. Not by default, anyways.
      https://videogamesm12.me/RRCYyeqWUEUQ.png

• The use of Spigot instead of Paper.
      This would explain the TPS issues many users are complaining about.
      https://videogamesm12.me/6qGgrwXdWaeH.png

• Outdated plugins.
      Many plugins are outdated. Take IllegalStack for example.
      https://videogamesm12.me/F1L7Qur3gDPm.png

image.png

•   videogamesm12

You’re really pulling at straws here

videogamesm12 It's a cracked server.
    Cracked servers allow players to log in under obscene names like Ballsack, Cumsock, and more.

This is not a flaw, and was done intentionally. We want to gauge the cracked vs premium audience and current playerbase.

videogamesm12 Bans don't include IPs.
    Under the username EvaXephon, I was running around with the Timer hack when I got banned for 5 minutes because I was flying. Fair enough.

Bans do include IPs, I just used /ban instead of /banip because I didn’t want to fully ban you from my server. You should know there are two commands, and this entire point is completely stupid. Every single Minecraft server has the option to ban by IP, because it’s a vanilla command.

videogamesm12 The use of Spigot instead of Paper.
    This would explain the TPS issues many users are complaining about.

The server is currently migrating from its original host, to TF infra. After this move, TPS will stabilise and paper will be used.

videogamesm12 Outdated plugins.
    Many plugins are outdated. Take IllegalStack for example.

The plug-ins are designed and configured to work together, and updating requires testing. You should know this. I have made sure that no lack of updates genuinely hinders players experience..

RedEastWood This is not a flaw, and was done intentionally. We want to gauge the cracked vs premium audience and current playerbase.

An intentional design flaw that causes even more flaws in terms of security. Gotcha.

RedEastWood Bans do include IPs, I just used /ban instead of /banip because I didn’t want to fully ban you from my server. You should know there are two commands, and this entire point is completely stupid. Every single Minecraft server has the option to ban by IP, because it’s a vanilla command.

I never said it wasn't a thing. I'm saying the plugin that handles banning doesn't include IPs by default, which is stupid for a cracked server.

RedEastWood The server is currently migrating from its original host, to TF infra. After this move, TPS will stabilise and paper will be used.

Why didn't you do this before releasing the server?

RedEastWood The plug-ins are designed and configured to work together, and updating requires testing. You should know this. I have made sure that no lack of updates genuinely hinders players experience..

My issue isn't with testing. I know it requires testing, but seriously? Why didn't you wait to do testing before releasing the server?

image.png