Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Everyone relax on the donation shit. This is again what happens when people go crazy without knowing the full story behind any of what is happening. The plans will be revealed soon enough, and it's not what you all think.

•   RedEastWood I'm not going crazy... we've always gone on a basis in which we gave players all the same opportunities WITHOUT PAYING. There is no explanation...

The plans should have been revealed in the first place

Ivan I'm not going crazy... we've always gone on a basis in which we gave players all the same opportunities WITHOUT PAYING. There is no explanation...

The plans should have been revealed in the first place

Either you are going crazy, or you're extremely ignorant. For those of you just dying to have a go at us for the whole ranks thing, I'd like to make it clear that this was not anticipated by either myself or Ryan. That website was leftover from the previous owner, and Miasmus bought the rank as a joke.

The entire interaction is available on the discord chat. Perhaps if you would have waited for my own statement on this, you wouldn't have gone crazy about p2w and TF.

Before the server was made public, I removed the buycraft plugin because I did not anticipate purchases at all. The website is not owned by me, so I could not remove it. Miasmus saw this, and bought the rank.

•   RedEastWood No, I don't expect you not to give him a rank for paying for it - will you be keeping Buycraft or whatever the fuck on the server and offering paid ranks going forward?

•   RedEastWood Now if this was said to begin with, we wouldn't have freaked out...

The way it was interpreted was going forward, paid ranks will be implemented. You sent that with no context whatsoever.

• Nice work being unique by copying something that was literally already used by someone else. I'm all for expansion, but you've gotta do the setup on your own and not cut corners... The tps is stuck at 11 for christ's sake! It's honestly embarrassing that we chalked up some crappy aternos server to be of enough quality to be part of TotalFreedom. Also, here's another thing I don't understand: We are implementing this server into our community, yet, we prioritize their smaller community over ours. Who cares if like 8 people have to play on premium mode or connect using a different method? Isn't this supposed to be part of our network?

I'm going to be harsh here because honestly I think this is going to end up like the SMP did: about a month of hype and then it's "I don't want to play with you anymore"

RedEastWood TotalFreedom will be expanding, and there really isn't anything you or the community can do to stop it.

that’s insane

you’re handling this embarrassingly red

I get you can’t please everyone but would it not be better to please the majority of the community or at least let us have some input

Take peoples thoughts into consideration it’s not much good as the marketing manager to ignore everyone except for yourself and the management team

Expanding is going to thin out an already thin player base until there’s nothing left red how don’t you fucking see this?? work on getting more players and then if you still insist, expand and Jesus Christ do something original, the whole reason this server has survived for 11 years is because the idea of this server is original

• Regarding the paid ranks - I didn't know they were a thing, and they weren't setup by me. There has been a long standing discussion around how we can accept peoples money where they want to contribute towards the server, but at the heart of that ask, whatever the solution is will need to satisfy the following:

1. It's Legal - Ie it's all able to be tracked / taxed / invoiced appropriately.
    2. It at no point detriments or impacts the actual game play for any of the game modes - TF has never been "Pay to win" I have no plans to change that.
    3. It needs to be transparent in what you're paying for / donating towards, and we need to have safeguards in place to prevent fraud / similar.

I had no personal knowledge Skyblock had paid ranks, and while I fully intend to honour any ranks previously bought, I have asked that the online store be pulled until we can work through what the model could look like if we wanted to facilitate donations, which is a general pattern we need to work through.

And to cover off the other comments around TF never accepting donations, under Mark and Windows that was the case, under Seth donations were accepted and often encouraged. While donations are certainly not required / needed I appreciate some folks have previously expressed an interest in contributing to the server financially and would like to eventually find a good way to allow that.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Buycraft was pulled from the server the second I took it over. Neither myself nor Ryan anticipated that someone would actually go to the previous owner's website and buy a rank. I have no control over that. I have asked the previous owner to shut down the website, and it should be done by tonight.

fionn I get you can’t please everyone but would it not be better to please the majority of the community or at least let us have some input

As I've said before, this is the direction Ryan and I think is best. Ryan's intentions to turn the server into a network and to move away from soleley freedom was listed in his original owner statement too, but you didn't comment on it then? You chose to comment on it when it was already in motion.

fionn Take peoples thoughts into consideration it’s not much good as the marketing manager to ignore everyone except for yourself and the management team

If people's thoughts are "let's stick to the freedom server that averages 7 players", then I won't be entertaining it. If someone comes to me with valid, and smart ideas, then I will entertain it. For example, Video came to me with his idea about the three layers of freedom, to which I whole heartedly accepted and even expressed my genuine interest in.

To quote the owner (for the second time),

@'Ryan' This wasn't a "We'd like to do this, what do y'all think", this is a "We're going down this direction because we feel it's in the best interests of the TF Network, tada".

RedEastWood As I've said before, this is the direction Ryan and I think is best.

on what basis? you can't say this is the direction you think is best without telling us what made you come to this conclusion

RedEastWood If people's thoughts are "let's stick to the freedom server that averages 7 players", then I won't be entertaining it. If

Did you not read where I said

fionn work on getting more players and then if you still insist, expand and Jesus Christ do something original

Nobodies asking you to stick with the regular 7 player freedom server but if the server is averaging 7 players maybe that's something you should work on, and not by thinning out our player base to other servers, either. People only join servers where there is at least some bit of a player base, especially in this stage in totalfreedom where it's basically a roleplaying server, realistically nobody is going to have fun on a server where nobody is on it because you and Ryan decided it would be best for the community to have people playing skyblock for a week and then it ends up just being a waste of resources

fionn Nobodies asking you to stick with the regular 7 player freedom server but if the server is averaging 7 players maybe that's something you should work on, and not by thinning out our player base to other servers, either. People only join servers where there is at least some bit of a player base, especially in this stage in totalfreedom where it's basically a roleplaying server, realistically nobody is going to have fun on a server where nobody is on it because you and Ryan decided it would be best for the community to have people playing skyblock for a week and then it ends up just being a waste of resources

I would encourage you to read the rest of this thread. This point has been discussed and already addressed.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK