Make a thread where all of the players who are unappealable are listed.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • As the title says, have a discussion listing all of the players (such as Nathan) who are actually permanently banned (aka unappealable) from the server. Such players would be ones who have done greatly illegal things to other players and the server (successful hacking, stalking and harassment, things like that). What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Quick clarification: wild1145 when you said he's unable to appeal from the Discord, does that also include the server as well? I just wanted to clarify for myself and others.

In case you ask why I didn't make a forum discussion about this instead of a suggestion is because I wanted everybody's input first.

Edit: I posted this under admin suggestions to keep it private from the sock-puppet accounts that are flooding this forum, as well as the fact that this would be something that would be hidden from the public anyway.

Edit 2: I messed up in the title so forgive me, it's supposed to say "Make a thread where all of the players who are unappealable are listed."

• Nathaniel, Brehme, and Vicki should be on that list by virtue of being predators. Savnith, while incredibly stupid, in my opinion should not be on the list. UYScutix should also not be on the list. This is not because I agree with their actions, but rather I believe in giving chances in all cases except the three I mentioned. Also, keep in mind that neither Savnith nor Vj (scutix) have been active in the last few years. Savnith has been blackmailed by a current admin, and Vj has simply moved on. However, if they wish to appeal their ban and the community sees fit, I believe both of them should be allowed back.

Given enough time, I believe anyone can change, if they want to, and the concept of giving many chances here has shaped myself and many others, as we have multiple tries to fail and learn. I want to pay it forward.

@Darth#9044 Savnith has been blackmailed by a current admin

If this is true, I would not recommend it for a couple of reasons. For one, two wrongs don't make a right (I strongly disagree with revenge) and secondly, it could result in an attack against this server.

@Darth#9044 Given enough time, I believe anyone can change, if they want to, and the concept of giving many chances here has shaped myself and many others, as we have multiple tries to fail and learn. I want to pay it forward.

I feel that's true with serial griefers and serial trollers (I was one as a pre-teen on other servers, I must admit) but I'm talking about the predators, as you previously mentioned, and quite frankly other criminals that fit the criteria. It's those types of people that would pose a threat to the server (both legally and for the servers reputation) and thus cannot be allowed back on for any circumstance, even if the community feel that they "changed".

• Approved. Probably should have done this sooner.

Given the high bar of entry to this list and the fact it needs ATLAS management approval, the only individuals will be the ones who were banned / sanctioned during my time as owner. If anyone from before my time looks to return and this is required, we will cross that bridge then.

Note also that I have forked off the conversation around the bar of entry to this list, because it's a fair conversation but isn't relevant directly to this suggestion.

https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/910-unappealable-ban-list

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK