Activity check freeze

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • We are approaching a dangerously low level of admins. As a result, we will not be conducting an activity check at the end of this month.

We have a lot of times where there are no admins on when they are needed. Removing admins can only move to worsen that effect. I still urge admins to try and maintain a good level of activity to keep TotalFreedom enjoyable for the average player.

Regards,
    the EAO team.

• It's almost like activity requirements for Admins are completely redundant and does the opposite of it's intended function?

This is a giant shock to the community and will result in the destruction of the TF brand due to the amount of stock translated via an internet post which then somehow bends the laws of nature transcending into a giant static shock completely annihalating the TF crew and anybody who has ever set foot upon this train ride.

I am speaking from the future. Godspeed ladies, gentlemen and the ladies without a dick.

• @Miwojedk#6956 @zeseryu#6955 What do you propose to be done to filter between active/inactive admins? Not do removals at all? Simply leave it up to the EAO teams' judgement of who is contributing?

We never claimed activity requirements are perfect and we are open to suggestions

• @elmon#6960 I just don't want to die.

Nothing. The system we had before allowed old Admins to return at any time and adminstrate if they so wished to do so. The only activity requirement that should be in place is for owner and executives. Perhaps a certain standard could be set in that they are required to re-read all rules, a probation period or some shit.
    Ultimately, activity removals can only result in one thing, and that's a lack of Admins. Especially with all the flutter about TF dying, then I don't see the point in actively removing people from the position, thus encouraging a further decline in players.

• @elmon#6960 Don't remove admins. I've said countless times that doesn't actually solve the problem of having too many admins. our problem is lack of players, not admins. having too many admins is not a problem. did i mention that removing admins doesn't solve anything. Again, let me reiterate. Our problem is lack of players, not having too many admins. We have too many admins. No, syke, jk. We don't have enough players. Our problem is that we dont have enough players, not that we have too many admins. You may think however, our problem is that we have too many admins, but its actually the lack of players that is our problem. Stop removing admins, because that solves nothing. Removing admins doesn't solve anything. Our problem is lack of players. Lets remove more admins.

Do nothing. That is your solution. enforcing activity requirements doesn't make any sense when you just vouch on your friends applications because they occasionally join the server and act nice

• So to be perfectly honest, if you can't dedicated 6 hours over the course of 30 days to just be online and not AFK... I'm not sure the value in retaining the person as an active admin when it's trivial to re-instate.

I appreciate the argument here that the lack of players if "The problem" but it's not "This" problem. The issue is there is just no actual value in having an entire admin team made up of 90% inactive admins, or ones that come on just to shit stir for an hour every 6 months...

To be brutally honest, 6 hours is a very low bar we've set, it's what, an hour and a half a week if you break it down... I don't feel that we're asking all that much from people, and if they can't dedicate that time at the moment that's fine, they can always come back if they decide they want to dedicate that time in the future.

I'd personally rather have a handful of semi to fully active admins than a bloated staff list with admins that have no desire / time to administrate or even play on the server. Again this isn't some metric about time spent actually administrating, this is just being on Freedom-01 (Atm) and not being AFK...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Moderating a server where the player count barely reaches 10 players isn't fun either, there isn't much for admins to do besides looking at an empty server for hours until players start to join, it's even worse for admins such as myself in the European and Asia timezones; We're met with nothing but a dead server until schools in the US ends which is basically late for us.

• @Miwojedk#7030 I'm not disagreeing, my question is why does retaining inactive admins that clearly have no interest in administrating make a difference to that? That seems to be the main counter point, that we shouldn't do these checks ever and be grateful anyone wants to admin for even 10mins a month... I just want to know why that would improve the quality of life on the server.

Wild1145

• @wild1145#7037 Because they still have the ability to rejoin the server at any notice and begin adminstrating. Even if they are only active for an hour or two a week that is more than none.

At the end of the day moderating the server is a volunteer job. The fact that we have so many in the first place should be cherished, not seen as a problem.

• @Miwojedk#7043 Which sounds great, but for the most part the admins that get removed on inactivity reports, tend to drop off with their activity to the point of barely logging in at all, at that point sure it's nice to have them, but I might as well (In a lot of cases anyway) give random OP's admin without an application, if an admin is logging in that in frequently the odds are the OP's would know the state of the server better than an admin that logs in for 30mins a month at best... Which is the entire point of the removals.

I really don't think it's much to ask for people that are interested to be able go give up 6 hours in a 30 day window to sit on a server and not be AFK... I'd say that's a low threshold and given the only requirement to reinstate is to have 3 hours (I think it was) activity in the 7 days before you post your reinstatement, again I'm not entirely sure we're creating that high of a bar of re-entry in the first place...

Wild1145

• @wild1145#7045

but for the most part the admins that get removed on inactivity reports, tend to drop off with their activity to the point of barely logging in at all, at that point sure it's nice to have them,

What makes you think this? I've seen plenty of old timers returning over the years to play on the server for months, even years. Mohinder returned during the summer for a couple of months as an example. Zekurt returned, Zevante returned, xFilez returned, Miwojedk returned.

but I might as well (In a lot of cases anyway) give random OP's admin without an application,

You know this is silly. The Admins who return have already been through the vetting process that is the application, whereas random ops haven't. As long as the Admins are up to date with the conduct policy, then I can't see why they would have any trouble adminstrating.