trusted player system

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • i think what would work better here is an activity based system. where if you've played the server frequently enough, you essentially get this trusted perk shit you're on about, maybe sprinkle some of that currency we got too for daily logins.

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#401 no, this is also a bad idea. every perm that doesnt fuck up the server should be available upon joining. an activity requirement to get said perms is unjustifiably unfair and goes against the TF.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• @Luke#404 i think he means things that can be destructive but have a practical use like the whole sand with worldedit thing to terrain. granted i think mbs can still do that (dont quote me on that i dont actually know) and im sure theres more then just sand, i wish neat put more examples to this though.

awesomeist tf blokey

• This is something we've floated for a few years, but ultimately you just end up almost doing a pseudo moderator role by the time you actually make something that works for everyone.

I agree with Steven though, we should be looking for ways to open up freedom's to everyone rather than a few people, I'm not sure what things like the current WE limits are, but given we have ASyncWorldEdit I'd hope they'd be pretty high now anyway.

Things like Sand and water and such are always interesting, I think Water and such is fine because we stop it from actually running, but not sure if we can either offer much smaller limits on specific blocks for things like sand, or stop it moving somehow as well, I'm not sure. Would be something that we should certainly look into though I think rather than segregating the OPS into two groups.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @lyicx#406 no, i know exactly what he means, but making it so some users have more perms than others for no reason other than 'they earned it' via activity, or just being 'trusted' is a bad idea and it's concerning someone supposedly in charge of advertising and retention seems to support such an idea

rather than block shit or only make it available to certain 'trusted' users, we should be fixing stuff. blocking is the lazy route out

• @Luke#411 we kinda do this anyway with coins though encoraging active voters and active participation in events so people can purchase extra gadgets and recently login messages if anything my alternate suggestion would make it easier to get said gagdets and login messages and whatever comes in the shop one day.

awesomeist tf blokey

• @lyicx#419 i don't have an issue with coins being related to activity, login messages are purely cosmetic, and offer literally nothing outside of rp, maybe, i have an issue with the idea that worldedit should be restricted for normal users until they become 'active' users or 'trusted' users.

Gadgets n shit really don't matter because anyone can just get coins. Not everyone can just be called 'trusted' nor can everyone simply just achieve being active. If someone joined and wanted to build they'd leave if they found out they needed to be on the server for 4 hours playtime.

Gadgets =/= commands that everyone should have access to

• I think my concerns have been covered off previously.

I'd encourage you to raise suggestions to unblock any functionality you think could be reasonably unblocked, I'm keen to make sure we have as much freedom on the server for all players rather than creating many layered groups of players, so on that basis I'm going to decline this suggestion.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK