PluralKit bot - Suggestion

• The PluralKit bot allows systems (multiple people/personalities in one body)'s messages to be easily distinguisable, this is a great accessibility tool and raises no issues when it comes to moderation (unlike it was said to) as it allows retrieving the author account from a message sent with PluralKit easily, in multiple ways, even from their public use API for automation.

>w< pat me pleasee pat mee pleaseeeeee

• IIRC I heard that it was possible for people to retrieve people's personal info such as disc. password through something in the bot. I don't feel that I am educated enough to make a proper opinion, however; so I am staying neutral for now.

paintbrush from inanimate insanity is an enby icon <3 <3 :saint: :saint: ^^ ^^ ^^ :P :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) :love: :love: :love: :love:

• I vouch, but seeing as Luke removed it and there's no integration in TFM, it's probably not going to be added.

disc. password

... What? How does a discord bot have access to your discord password?

The only information exposed through PluralKit's public API is an endpoint to query the member used to send a message, and a way to query all systems associated with someone's discord account.

• IIRC I heard that it was possible for people to retrieve people's personal info such as disc. password through something in the bot.

Even if Discord did indeed store plaintext passwords (which they 100% do not), it's just not possible to magically retrieve someone's Discord password (or the hash of their password) with anything short of a phishing attack or Discord zero day. I doubt PluralKit would have anything to do this, unless PluralKit was compromised and has some sort of Discord OAuth integration and that theoretical zero day requires some sort of OAuth access token in order to retrieve the user's password.

• right boys so

i’m not readding this

i left it open for just a bit of discussion - i’ve never been the ‘deny-lock’ type guy who censors discussion and all

votes aren’t necessary. the bot was removed at first because people could hide behind it, use a shitty name and say shitty stuff and it’d take time to figure it out. not a lot of time but in some instances (i.e. doxxing) a few seconds is precious for the team.

the second issue was that it did have an exploit where you could find private info. not to the extent of passwords but information about people’s systems, a few personal deets, etc

additionally it didn’t function well with the TFM in-game bridge

only one person used it, being Rylie. rylie is capable of using nicknames, and i’m happy to discuss with rylie about use of alts. outside of rylie i saw it legit be used like twice, once by ashaz to dick about and i don’t even remember who the second one was.

i’m sorry if this isn’t the answer yall are looking for but jesus christ i don’t get how many times i can repeat myself in dms, private channels, and publicly that it isn’t coming back

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• When I first saw this added I was heavily confused as to why it was even added at all, since I see Pluralkit used less for Tulpas and people with DID, and more for roleplaying fictional characters. Despite its alleged viability for the groups I've mentioned, I never felt like it would work out well on the TF Discord.

• When I first saw this added I was heavily confused as to why it was even added at all, since I see Pluralkit used less for Tulpas and people with DID, and more for roleplaying fictional characters. Despite its alleged viability for the groups I've mentioned, I never felt like it would work out well on the TF Discord.

It didn't work well - it was never really used for what it was intended to be used for and I see, and understand, why it was removed by Luke

Object

useless bot.

It isn't useless when it's used correctly.

Edited once, last by declan (June 14, 2023 at 12:24 AM).

• Luke June 14, 2023 at 6:30 PM

Closed the thread.