ideas for reworking the skyblock server

• hey everyone i want to talk about the skyblock server you guys all want it removed cause its broken and i want to say WHY FIX IT? it is currently in the state of getting everything over to a new server so they wont fix anything for now so removing it wont help here are some ideas for a complete rework

1. use a plugin like http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/a-skyblock.1220/ or BentoBox. However, SkyBlock must be installed as a BentoBox addon (BSkyBlock).
    2. getting staff cause of problems like people spamming chat (i would love to help cause i like the idea just dont like how its fully done)
    3. adding multiverse core and multiverse portals both can be found here https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/multiverse-core
    4. adding diffrent ways to earn keys so not only doing /kit every month, day or week
    5. giving the owner of skyblock Hooke_ permissions for file acsess

please add more ideas in here

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• In my opinion, a skyblock server is complete and utterly useless especially when you have thousands already playing Hypixel Skyblock. no one is going to want to join TF to play skyblock. just like SMP, i think skyblock should go down. we have to stick to the server's roots-- what it's known for: the freedom aspect.

the fact that hooke didn't even have file permissions in the first place is absolutely mind boggling to me as well… if you want people to play TF, then come up with something fresh, not something that's been done thousands of times already.

fleshly why did we even approve of a skyblocks gamemode in the first place

Because before we took it over and bought into be part of TF it was more popular than our own freedom game mode. The hope was by bringing an existing player base to our community we stood half a chance of growing the freedom game mode as well as the skyblock one.

Unfortunately enough toxic folks from this community went out of their way to make the skyblock game mode a poor experience and harrased some existing members and from there it slowly died.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' Unfortunately enough toxic folks from this community went out of their way to make the skyblock game mode a poor experience and harrased some existing members and from there it slowly died.

And of course it’s everyone else’s fault but yours. This is your fault for colliding two completely separate communities that shouldn’t have been affiliated in the first place.

• ryan i defend you a shit ton but there is no way in hell this is 100% the communities fault and saying any differently is arrogant and condescending

dude communities that 'merge' generally die off anyway especially ones that aren't similar, i.e. TF and Skyblock. I've seen it tons of times in other servers.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

•   Ivan I wasn't the one that went out my way to attack and harras players.

I at no point said I or anyone else involved was perfect but frankly at this point I am not fussed either way if we keep it or not, the current plan has been to improve and revamp it but yeah if people don't want it then I'm more than happy to put it out its misery and we can keep doing the same old shit we have been trying and failing for years.

Wild1145

•   Luke I never said it was 100% community fault, but it played a pretty significant part of the cause of death here.

Merging frankly was a last ditch attempt to try to do something a bit different to improve our player base and to have a game mode that was actually sustainable and able to be maintained with a greater level of ease.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' people don’t want it then I’m more than happy to put it out its misery and we can keep doing the same old shit we have been trying and failing for years.

Please put it out of its misery. Start with something fresh; new to the table. I don’t get what I’m missing here. Adding a gamemode that has been played thousands of times and exists on other servers already isn’t going to cut it

•   Ivan We haven't got the community size or developer effort to make something brand new and unique come to reality. There's been plenty of ideas and there's a load of stuff I would love to do, but at this point the skyblock is a gamemode with minimal effort needed to make it viable again as a game mode, or just leaving things as they are.

Honestly I'm just sick of everyone here flip flopping in their views on here which isn't great…

I'll see what the consensus is and figure out from there if we will actually bother fixing this or if we just add this to the list of tried and failed ways to make tf a server with some sort of actual player base.

Wild1145

@'Ryan' with minimal effort needed to make it viable

Problem is… if it's low maintenance… why is it still unplayable?

I've actually played in it for a while but only because Hooke was there to unstuck me. Server sent me in a death loop while teleporting me to my first island, with no chance to get back to the spawn. Island generation failed and he had to spawn a tree for me. I stayed in there for a bit but the sapling I planted didn't grow (maybe I got unlucky with that and I needed more days to wait, who knows). At least I got a stack of cobblestone and a good number of ores by mixing water and lava.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Tizz why is it still unplayable?

Because I haven't gotten around to actually doing the things needed… It needs to be re built on a new vm and linked to the panel with configuration re setup… It's not the end of the world to do, but something I haven't gotten around to yet…

Wild1145

• Object skyblock does absolutely nothing for our community and thus there is no need to pour development energy into it. This isn’t to discredit reds work towards the server but frankly it’s a game nobody asked for and really shouldn’t exist. Like I said on a previous post, we need to focus on making our core game mode a better experience before considering an entirely new game mode.

•   Ivan The community needs to make up its mind on what it wants. One day you say the entire focus should be on improving the freedom server, and the next you say we need to bring something new to the table.

Removing the Skyblock is nothing more than a community driven fad, designed to appeal to the masses while actually doing very little for the server (maybe a bit harsh but it’s what I think). The Skyblock server isn’t even connected via Bungee, new players have no way of joining unless someone tells them to. Resources are of no concern; if you want to deploy another VPS for a different gamemode we can do that on top of the Skyblock VPS. Point being that the Skyblock would bother no one if we removed DiscordSRV, and gave it time.

Perhaps we should turn the server off and give Ryan time to sort out the instance and configure a panel so Hooke can actually work. Hooke is very capable and the reason the server doesn’t work is not his fault (contrary to what some may think).

My reasoning above does, however, discredit the idea that Skyblock doesn’t fit with the TF aesthetic; which is a fair objection. I’m just saying half of the shit in Luke’s original post was irrelevant.

As for improving the server, a good start would be sorting out the panel, and allowing Hooke to fix all the issues with the server.

I’m also not strictly against removing the server, im just against removing it for reasons that are pushing it. I would be fine to remove it for the whole TF aesthetic issue, but then I would expect all future gamemodes to be different too.