Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • The random item plugin or feature that was used in today's SMP needs adaptation. The items don't appear in the inventory often enough to affect the gameplay almost at all, but still appear often enough to be an annoyance at times when warped stairs enter your inventory.

If possible I'd say to remove most of the blocks from the plugin (a lot of people have placed random blocks they got around).

Also, lucky blocks might be a cool addition.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• Feedback from my POV (Based on MiniSMP ran on 31st August):

• It is alright to give people items, provided they're not OP.
    • People complaining makes the event less fun.
    • Event Hosts are required to enforce rules while an event is running.
    • People repeatedly rushing you with no items isn't fun.
    • People repeatedly killing you isn't fun.
    • Random items kind of ruin the event as a whole.

Overall, the event was fine I guess. It could've gone better but a lot of it was out of your control and you tried your best with this one I think Lyicx. I also know some of my complaints are unreasonable, considering MiniSMP is Semi-Anarchy, but I feel like this only contributes to the problem, as it just makes people a lot more prone to be annoying to each other, which then begins the complaining.

NotPetya -remove crackshot

further looking into it. im just gonna remove the extended weapons dragon sent. i dont want to outright remove it as again it fits the nature of the event

NotPetya -dont give kanst shit

part of the narrative i give people shit when things get too chaotic to bring things down a bit

erin The random item plugin or feature that was used in today's SMP needs adaptation.

yeah im completely binning off ever doing this again anyway because it discourages playing the game. does mean when i get round to it ill be denying this https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/2500-event-s…on-random-items

erin Also, lucky blocks might be a cool addition.

something i want to look into, idk how they'll be distributed. likely i would anyhow

Caleb It is alright to give people items, provided they're not OP.

like i said, i dont expect shit to be taken too seriously, and depending on where everyone is at and knowing the person wont go on a fucking rampage will be dependent on what i give

Caleb People complaining makes the event less fun.

i agree, its been a problem for me mentally after the past two events and has put me off hosting it for a good minute. unfortunately i dont have a fix without banning people

Caleb Event Hosts are required to enforce rules while an event is running.

ill see if i can look into this proposition. currently its a duo between myself and shyrix when she's on. but some event hosts play and ideally i dont want event hosts having op or anything outside of moderation actions if they're actively participating as a normal player. unfortunately having permission nodes aint an option at the moment

Caleb People repeatedly rushing you with no items isn't fun.
    People repeatedly killing you isn't fun.

whilst no spawnkilling is already a rule, and i've been killing people for that. im adding another rule preventing that as i have no idea of other fixes. i presume this time it'll be bannable

Caleb Random items kind of ruin the event as a whole.

i agree. like i said im binning this off

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

lyicx ill see if i can look into this proposition. currently its a duo between myself and shyrix when she's on. but some event hosts play and ideally i dont want event hosts having op or anything outside of moderation actions if they're actively participating as a normal player. unfortunately having permission nodes aint an option at the moment

I didn't mean it as if you're event host, you have to enforce the rules. I'm just stating that we need someone present that can enforce rules at the very least, because if you leave us alone, people are prone to break rules.

•   Caleb apart from that one time, i usually dont leave this event unattended. going forward for events in general we do need some kind of moderation team of which i hope event hosts can carry that out

awesomeist tf blokey

• The event was quite good as I was able to get a nice house, nearly a full set of diamond gear at the end, and a nice setup to survive in, but worrying about some guy running up to you while trying to survive in the shrinking border and having you dead in seconds with OP netherite gear isn't exactly 'enjoyable' when most everyone else is also lightly equipped for combat including myself. The random items has proven to be useful when coincidentally getting supplies needed to build my base as well.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   NotPetya something ill look to start doing.

Alco_Rs11 but worrying about some guy running up to you and having you dead in seconds with OP netherite gear isn't exactly 'enjoyable' when most everyone else is also lightly equipped for combat including myself.

usually i dont give that to the sort of people that'd lean on the anarchist side of things

awesomeist tf blokey

• Good news for those people who wanted a crackshot nerf. i'm making it so ammunition is a construct

i was considering using sticks for ammo but i want something that was obtainable but not overly stupid or vital to other things like diamonds. i've made it charcoal which means if you somehow get weapons now you better have a massive tree farm and some furnaces on hand. i think this will be interesting to see how it'll affect the in game economy adding even more value to trees and even coal once crackshot gets involved midway though

8 logs + 1 coal/charcoal = 8 charcoal

i am making other tweaks too and i did remove dragons extended weapons

!i can see people calling them useless already because they cant be fucked to play the game and insist i give them ammo

awesomeist tf blokey

• i need an opinion on the rules, i think im starting to add more then i originally intended and im unsure if thats adding anything or taking anything away from what it originally was

awesomeist tf blokey

• @'aeluraydakx4' usually the very end is that chaotic as the border close and the event settles down. its practically a staple. just abruptly /stop'ing it is boring and all i can honestly suggest is get in earlier when its civil

awesomeist tf blokey

• i think that this time around I had few major problems,
    1) lack of mob spawning, i dont think we should be switching between peaceful and hard all the time, instead, why don't we just leave it on normal the whole time.
    2) lack of ability to get all items, since we are in a confined world, obviously that means we cant get all the items, but it did really suck not having anyway to get stuff like bamboo or ice or anything like that.
    3) I really, really, want the nether to be enabled, its impossible to get quartz, netherstars, nether brick, etc. and that really sucks (esspecially quartz) because that stuff is really important if you want to do redstone stuff. a bunch of the important redstone components are locked behind quartz
    4) not a fan of the border closing. near the end of the event, lyicx decided to shrink the border, which i was not aware of. this really sucked because I was in the middle of building my base which i had just finished planning out in another world, and it would have been dope, but i didn't get to finish it due to this

Bonus: 5) you should put up the world downloads for these whenever they finish

mattlawn allow groups to live in peace if they want

i think having this it'll kinda jeopardize the entire idea and what im trying to go for with this. the only way you'll get peace is if you build underground really

DragonSlayer2189 1) lack of mob spawning, i dont think we should be switching between peaceful and hard all the time, instead, why don't we just leave it on normal the whole time.

i normally have it on hard most of the time but i do switch from peaceful occasionally to cool things down. and usually when it is on hard i get complaints about too many mobs and people cry and whilst normal certainly works early game it would not be late game

DragonSlayer2189 3) I really, really, want the nether to be enabled, its impossible to get quartz, netherstars, nether brick, etc. and that really sucks (esspecially quartz) because that stuff is really important if you want to do redstone stuff. a bunch of the important redstone components are locked behind quartz

urgh, i want a double tab on this next one if i fucking do alright or it aint coming back in the future

DragonSlayer2189 4) not a fan of the border closing. near the end of the event, lyicx decided to shrink the border, which i was not aware of. this really sucked because I was in the middle of building my base which i had just finished planning out in another world, and it would have been dope, but i didn't get to finish it due to this

again, this is kinda traditional way of ending it. the border just fucking closes out i feel it beats /stop'ing tbf. would like to know if theres a better way of putting a bow on this

DragonSlayer2189 Bonus: 5) you should put up the world downloads for these whenever they finish

i have them archived currently (every one that has been done so far) but i dont know if thats something ryan wants me handing out

awesomeist tf blokey