Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Miasmus We seem reluctant to take donations or any money to support the network - why is that? Surely there is no shame in letting people pay for the upkeep of a server they enjoy to play on, especially if they do so on their own accord.

Because the community will come to my house and murder me in my sleep if I push for donations or payments of any kind. You saw the backlash and what happened when you bought that rank on Skyblock.

• @'Reperak' Using technic launcher, you can install and play a modpack within a few minutes at most. Also, what gives you the impression it would be tiny? Even if only 10 players were willing to install the modpack, that would still be more successful than the skyblock server, and I'm sure we have more than 10 players who have technic launcher.

•   RedEastWood That was p2w. As far as I know, you don't just not push for donations, you don't accept them at all. At least make it open to the community and leave them to decide. I, for one, would be glad to donate to a network which has given me a nice community and a fun server to play on for over 2 years.

Even if we will never have a SMP server, surely we can't be on budget cut mode and run on fumes forever?

Miasmus Even if only 10 players were willing to install the modpack

The freedom server averages 7 players for the month of July so I highly doubt 10 people will play on the modded SMP.

Miasmus that would still be more successful than the skyblock server

This argument is baseless because it relies on hoping the SMP gets 10 players. As I’ve said, I very very highly doubt this will be the case.

• Object for the time being. this server struggles with even free op creative after 10 years. when i joined i was sure this server had just sprung up a month ago.

i have no doubt smp will flop if attempted in the near future. i think it would be safer to see where skyblock goes first. i support the expansion into a network, and a smp server might be worth trying again some day, but concerning smp i think the vote could use a bigger sample size (a worthwhile number of definite yeses) which would guarantee the investment is worth it. with the current popularity of this server, we don't have access to that sample size, so we don't have a guaranteed playerbase that won't just f off back to free op after a week.

i can't even tell you how many wannabe "network" servers i've joined where everyone just plays one of the gamemodes. and the gamemode in question is usually the one the server started with before it became a network. does that remind you of anywhere?

Miasmus 700 members

we have at best 50 active players, maybe a hundred if we pinged @everyone. this is the part where someone puts a graph in my face saying we have x new players this week (that will never join again).

Miasmus surely we can't be on budget cut mode and run on fumes forever?

If the community refuse any attempts at growth then we sorta can be... There are limited options to maintain a server when the community block my every attempt at growing the server.

I can't see the smp or nearly any other game mode being viable for the time being.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

@'Ryan' There are limited options to maintain a server

you're wasting your time on Freedom-02 fwiw
    nobody plays it

•   Miasmus The server playerbase and the Discord userbase has been detatched for a long time now. A lot of members on the Discord don't even play Minecraft

• A serious problem I see with us having an anarchy SMP is that, while it seems fun on paper, it will cause problems for the other servers on the network which have rules. Players who will arrive for the anarchy server will likely expect the freedom servers to be anarchy too (which is already a problem we suffer from). Think of a recent player like SmashedNuts and either his friends or alts. We would be seeing a lot more of those.

I just can't see it being a sustainable idea to have no rules in some parts of the network and rules in others. Not only due to my previous point but also due to the SMP filling up with the types of players we don't want on the network, since they'd be banned from freedom-01 so join the anarchy to do whatever fuckery they were doing. And with cross network messaging already being a problem that can't end well.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• @'Reperak' I'm well aware of freedom 2 and it's player base. Doesn't change my point.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK