InnocentMango - Reinstatement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

videogamesm12 Ashaz silently left the Discord. There was no rage involved.

@'Ryan' (When as Video says, there was no rage, it was a silent leave...)

He rage quitted but he didn't rage quit, seems legit.

You! Okay. Let's say I actually did have those meltdowns that you claim. Even if I have had them, I've had quite a good improvement in maturity over the past few months. I've had an improvement in behaviour. My success as an admin outweighs the few failures I've had. I'm not perfect; I am a human, but I am improving.

I have kept an eye on you for a few, the way you present yourself when comes to backlash or criticism is bad, it kept building up to a point where I can't ignore it anymore, your mentally hasn't improved but you're learning, slowly.

Your "success" as an admin doesn't outweigh your failures, it doesn't even balance, you banned a few rulebreakers, that's good on you, it's your job but leaving the discord multiple times to avoid an argument or criticism is actually ridiculous

You! Please elaborate on 'situations' - situation can mean a lot of things here. I've dealt with many rulebreakers, I am trusted amongst players and admins alike. Mistakes have happened and I have accepted them and moved on. If I never did accept them, then this would be maybe by 5th or 6th reinstatement.

There is one definition "A set of circumstances or state of affairs" - I'm not saying you haven't accepted your mistakes but what Im on about is your behaviour when dealing with such affairs on multiple occasions from what I have seen in the past its not pretty.

You! I made a mistake, I accept it, I've apologised for it. This is what I do every time, except this time things were worse. From this mistake, I've learnt that I shouldn't try to help in places where I think I should - this is something I know for the future now.

You made a mistake, you got yelled at, you "rage quitted" (as seen by the screenshot above) instead of moving on. This is exactly what you do every time - Learning and accept is nothing to be ashamed of, it's your actions and problem-solving skills that leaks.

This is TotalFreedom, one fuckup = a big backlash, that's how it's always been, if you cant deal with it, you shouldnt be admin thats all.

In conclusion for everyone
    I'm not concerned about the reload of the essentials plugin, even tho "essentials" should give it away and why the reload command is blocked for a reason, what my point is, Ashaz's ways of dealing with criticism and backlash is not good, it puts him at a risk as an admin not just for himself but the community as well.

I wouldn't have used "leaving the discord" as a reason if it only happened once but no, it happened multiple times on different occasions and all are for the same reason, arguments and criticism.

simplynick He rage quitted but he didn't rage quit, seems legit.

The dude "Left"... I don't recall him making a scene, calling people out, doing anything to "Warm up to" him leaving.

As I've said, the punishment on this matter has been served.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   simplynick And as I've said, it's been dealt with. It's why we're all here.

I also absolutely disagree with your comment, and I'd rather people remove themselves from situations before they end up escalating it...

Wild1145

• The reason you were removed, in my opinion, was due to an oversight of what was actually going on. The goal here shouldn't have been to punish you for leaving the discord, but rather to punish the people who acted immaturely and caused you to leave the discord. However, I still don't think you're fit to be an administrator, and I don't want to base my vote on anything but that. Sorry, but I object.

• I've split the thread that I caused de-railing things out, apologies for the confusion. That's my bad.

Shdwo Question, if it's dealt with... then why is there a vote on this reinstatement?

(Since this is where I fucked up originally) - As I understand it's per policy. I am however saying here that Ashaz removal was instigated as a result of the evidence being used in this thread of him leaving the discord, you can't sanction someone multiple times for the same thing imho.

Panther but rather to punish the people who acted immaturely and caused you to leave the discord.

As I said before I split the thread out, this was also handled as part of this, and will continue to be managed as appropriate.

Wild1145

videogamesm12 anyone could've made the same mistake Ashaz made simply because they didn't know.

I concur with this. I would've reloaded essentials myself.

simplynick its just common sense, you don't reload plugins that are "essential" to the server.

Respectfully I have to disagree with this. I may need to be corrected, but as far as I'm concerned TFM is the most important plugin in this server and reloading it is harmless and is quite often done to fix other issues. It's not hard to assume that a plugin as basic as essentials would be similar if TFM is fine.

videogamesm12 It really eats away at your self-confidence.

I crashed the server with /plc reload bukkittelnet. If that was not bad enough I felt shit afterwards largely because I got shat on by people (who also didn't actually know much about reloading telnet) being all like "why did you reload telnet" or similar.

And I felt like complete and utter garbage. It's the worst I've ever felt on this server. I almost left, I almost fucking resigned. And sure I may be a more emotional person than average but still.

Another anecdotal example is the adminmode incident on my first day. I was a complete wreck, and the two people I was in DM conversations with can vouch for that although I won't mention who they were (but thank both of you for helping me through that).

The point I'm finally arriving to is that I am more emotionally unstable than ashaz, who was honestly talking to me fine minutes after he left. Calm and composed and understanding of what was happening. When I've fucked up, I've behaved worse than Ashaz has, aside from leaving the discord (which I came very close to) but I don't feel leaving the discord should be grounds for removal but having emotional breakdowns in someone's PMs on discord is any better.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

•   You! So why should I vouch if you haven’t contributed to barely anything since the return from your “incident”? There’s events, helping players in chat, etc - if you haven’t done a lot to merit the regaining of your status what is the point?

Yes, I understood he rage quit. But it was done in an inappropriate and unnecessary manner. I’d like to know why he deserves his status back

•   Ivan

I did forget to mention that I have hosted an event and OPs seemed to enjoy it - this was a Gartic Phone event last night.

Ivan It was done in an inappropriate and unnecessary manner. I’d like to know why he deserves his status back

Although I do agree that it was inappropriate to leave like that, at the time I had no choice. I think me leaving was much better than me taking it out into the public.

erin Respectfully I have to disagree with this. I may need to be corrected, but as far as I'm concerned TFM is the most important plugin in this server and reloading it is harmless and is quite often done to fix other issues. It's not hard to assume that a plugin as basic as essentials would be similar if TFM is fine.

This is off-topic but plugins such as network manager, essentials, TFM and Plan are the most important plugins, there is no which one is more important it all leads to one thing, will it fuck up if reloaded? Essentials is not basic, its a complex plugin with many features that could go wrong with a simple command hence why the reload command for essentials is blocked in the first place.

I dont understand what point you're trying to make, its okay to reload plugins other than TFM even if it breaks? TFM has its fair-share of problems with reloading as far as I have tested it on my server.

simplynick I'm not concerned about the reload of the essentials plugin, even tho "essentials" should give it away and why the reload command is blocked for a reason, what my point is, Ashaz's ways of dealing with criticism and backlash is not good, it puts him at a risk as an admin not just for himself but the community as well.

I've been dealing with it silently for months by talking in DMs with people. How is that bad? I've not left the Discord those times, I only left this time because it overwhelmed me.

If my being here is a risk, then you should file an indefinite ban request for me.

I wouldn't have used "leaving the discord" as a reason if it only happened once but no, it happened multiple times on different occasions and all are for the same reason, arguments and criticism.

When? When has it happened again and again?

• I personally think a few people here are pulling at straws to have this reinstatement voided.

Who gives a fuck if Ashaz left the discord. He had every right to. Why the fuck do you expect him to sit there and take shit from half of the admin team.

Perhaps Ashaz could have handled himself better, but I can assure you current staff members have much worse incidents under their belts.

My only issue with his conduct was a lack of remorse after the fact, which has been addressed.

• It is unclear to me which clause of the staff conduct policy Ashaz is suspended under (other than the "this list is not all inclusive" part). I'm also not convinced that he rage quit or left in a dramatic manner. He quietly left the discord. I do not believe that the original removal was appropriate.

I fully agree with Erin. Mistakes happen. I certainly don't want to use a removal for a matter that is highly trivial in order to evaluate Ashaz's wider competency to be an admin.

I believe the original removal decision should be rescinded. I vouch for Ashaz's full reinstatement and for this removal to be regarded as having not happened, as I think it was wrong.