Armorstand despawn

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I'm suggesting changing how the armorstand despawn mechanic works, for now it seems to wait for a few minutes before despawning an armorstand. This within itself has a few issues, as armorstands are a great decorative item. I'm suggesting to not despawn armorstands anymore, but I am aware of issues with people trying to crash the server, to that I'm suggesting different implementations rather than "Wait for X then delete"

• Limit the amount of armorstands per chunk (Eg. Above 10, it will cancel out)
    • Cooldown on placing armorstands (Eg. If you place 10 within a minute, you have to wait 10 minutes)
    • Limit the amount of armorstands per distance (If two armorstands are within X blocks of eachother, remove one)

Those are just a few ideas but the final goal is all the same: Allow players to use armorstands as decorative items like their intended purpose was.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

• I think we ought to figure out a way to make armor stands, item frames, paintings not killed by entity clears or find a different plugin to use for entity clears.

it’s always kind of felt like a boundary for builders that we just can’t use those

vouch

• Vouch. The approach of "just wipe everything" used to be reasonable, but the server has been moving in a direction that no longer makes this the best approach.

@Fleek#14975 Armor stands are not tile entities, they are regular entities. A tile entity is something like a chest or a furnace. TFM has never had a way to automatically wipe tile entities.

@StevenNL2000#14984 Armor stands are not tile entities, they are regular entities. A tile entity is something like a chest or a furnace. TFM has never had a way to automatically wipe tile entities.

Whoops, my bad - got few things mixed up. I have rephrased it to related entities

• @Miwojedk#16136 it's a day to day admin tool. I agree it's an extreme one, but we regularly have tools on the free op server that are destructive in order to keep the server playable...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @Miwojedk#16183 Given the use-case that command was designed for, and having previously needed to use it myself to stabilise the server, it's one of those commands that are there for when things are so fucked up that the server just is not playable without removing specific blocks, it's less common I think now, but used to be something I remember having to use regularly...

Back to the topic though, if Armourstands can cause lag for clients when used in bulk, and are a common way to abuse, then I think on the FreeOP server it fully makes sense to have them auto-wiped on a regular basis, as we would for similar entities that cause lag to the server or clients.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK