Interim ESL Privileges

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So let me clarify then, because this is a wonderfully large shit show already.

lyicx is currently the acting ESL, and as far as I'm concerned that comes with all the bells and whistles that being the ESL gives. Now, what he decides to do with that power is down to him, and I'll still ultimately hold him accountable for the actions of the ESL team during this time.

Now on the flip side, as people have said here, once a permanent ESL is put into place, and if that is not Lyicx, then these changes may be reversed or changed and all that good stuff.

Bottom line here, Lyicx is acting ESL with all the power that comes with it, he's accountable for the ESL Team until further notice so please respect that appropriately.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• i realize i haven't commented properly on this thread today even though i should've but i had a bit of college/woman/irl shit today and didn't want to get caught in some crossfire i kinda see both sides on. i probably should make some sort of statement anyway

i get the concerns some of you brought up and all about temp ESL not making huge changes and all so the next actual ESL doesn't have to do cleanup work n shit or whatever but also like red said, there wasn't much of a status quo to begin with and if big man ryan wild says "ayo you got power n shit, dont fuck us ye" then im completely fine with this.

i dont think we've got other huge changes in mind yet in terms of events or whatever and if we do we'll consider probably consider this a bit of a factor. we're likely going to still be going on with this event host revamp thing as i mean. its an idea i had i feel would help with more consistent events and given how frequent they have been lately i dont think anyone has any issue with this actual premise, rather just again concerns about the staff member with less then 10 months experience under his belt and the one month old assistant who admittedly has done alot for ESL since his yknow, appointment, making changes whilst his superior undergoes investigation. i get thats like a red flag to people but again i get rammed in the ass with a spiked baton if shit goes south and quite frankly i enjoy having an ass even if...

yknow whatever i dont ACTUALLY know how graphic i can get before that actually does happen.

TL;DR i get the concerns but ryan says its all okay and i feel its in the best interest right now of everyone including ourselves to have some sort of productivity

!PS: it just had to be fuckin forked as i was typing this smh

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• This looks like a misunderstanding. Elmon is correct that there is precedent that an acting executive can only handle ongoing affairs. However, this is not written down in any current policy, so Lyicx and Red did not do anything wrong by that standard. That also means that Ryan's post in this thread does not contradict policy.

• When I wrote the executive policy I very clearly remember that if the standing Executives was ever removed or took a leave of absence, the assistant's would be there to "get by" until a new Executive was appointed.

Don't know where that went, or if it was changed.

Vouch? You should be elected in if you wish to do Executive tasks lol

@zeseryu#12432 Vouch? You should be elected in if you wish to do Executive tasks lol

This isn’t a vouch/object post. Ryan already changed the democratic way of electing executives by saying that he has the power to appoint/fire executives at his own discretion.

@wild1145#12 Executive Appointments / Removals
    All appointments and removals from executive status are at the sole responsibility of the server owner. Executive positions may be added and removed as the owner sees fit, and as appropriate additional executive roles may be created in order to fulfil the growing requirements of the server.

If the community feel an executive is not fulfilling their duties as an executive, their first port of call should be to raise this with the server owner, where a sensible discussion can be had.

The owner will where practical hold a formal application process for appointing new executives where the entire community will be encouraged to post feedback on the candidates whom are applying for the role(s) in question. Where this is not practical (As deemed by the owner) executives can be directly appointed.

This policy was changed several months ago. Users should be aware of important edits such as these.

• @zeseryu#12454 it was split off another post. Wasn't really intended to be more than getting rid of noise from another thread.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK